Skip to content

No conflict?

Not an attempt at trolling -

I know imperian has always had a certain element of sit-at-the-gates player base but since I've returned about six days ago it seems like no one is ever doing anything. I'm not trying to troll or make a statement, this is an honest question. What are people doing other than afk'ing 60 minutes a day to get a free spin? A lot of us have hit aspect so I understand the apathy towards hunting (not counting the lowbie alts I see hunting solo and randomly), I miss the fun hunting parties but I get that. Where is the conflict though?

Forget open world pk, it's near impossible even to find a sparring partner. And if I do, what are the chances I get to fight arena or not arena even if I practice?

Are any cities or councils at actual war? And by actual war I don't mean war on paper I mean old school challenging the gates outside of siege, raiding, group fights over bigger concerns or conflict than shards (by the way do people even fight shard battles anymore?)

Obviously having been back six days isn't enough time to judge everything. But it's a legit question. Where is the conflict that makes me still consider imperian one of my favorite hobbies even if I do take long breaks from time to time?

Comments

• The game is in a lull right now. There's not much going on. People always AFK. They AFK waiting for the 2 - 3 hour intervals of activity called shardfalls.

The last 'war' was several months ago and Anti-Magick got severely outclassed because we bit off more than we can chew right before three of our people mysteriously vanished.

The game is far more laid back these days, with the kind of gate trolling you are asking about being basically unheard of unless @Septus and I get bored.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Demonic has the combat advantage right now, Magick has the population advantage. There are some minor skirmishes happening between the two over some deforestation efforts, and shardfall battles happen pretty much every evening. AM has been taking a backseat since the Vanmoriel debacle a couple of months ago.

There's still plenty of combat, it just fluctuates from faction to faction. Wouldn't mind seeing more of AM at shard fights!

• It comes and it goes.

Lately Demonic has been chopping down trees to provoke Magick into fights. 

Actual wars in the raiding sense have declined, because city guards got huge buffs because raiding sucks and nobody likes it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited April 2014
    There's really as much combat as you'd like there to be. You can behave in an antagonist manner and draw fire or you can choose to react to an antagonist. Or you can choose to put your head in the sand. If you don't feel like visiting charon, you can easily con the game into a team ffa every 10 minutes.

We're in a transition as the game is slowly beginning to realize how meaningless death really is and it's having some interesting repercussions in how people approach combat. To be honest, I like it. People are more active in shard falls and learn that death means so little that it's not a big deal. People learn that it's ok to fight and die and start getting involved in combat outside of shard falls. AM picked this up. Demonic picked this up. Magick is going through their terrible twos right now.
  • Magick is always going to have a population of people opposed to visiting Charon.