Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

Comments

• Crusader Kings II - Game of Thrones mod.

I spent about 12 hours on this game yesterday.

• Going through my backlog from the Steam sale with Jade Empire right now
  • Ario said:
    Crusader Kings II - Game of Thrones mod.

I love CKII, have nearly 500 hours on that game. So much fun, I nick named it,"The Horrible Person Simulator."

• Ivellios said:
    Ario said:
    Crusader Kings II - Game of Thrones mod.

I love CKII, have nearly 500 hours on that game. So much fun, I nick named it,"The Horrible Person Simulator."

Marrying my children and uncles off to terrible spouses is my new hobby, especially when it messes with the Game of Thrones bloodline nonsense. I'm digging it. Haha. I need to play the actual game though. Also, Horse Lords looks pretty great.

• Borderlands 2 and sprinkling episodes of Tales of the Borderlands in between
  • Hearthstone
  • Hearthstone is too 'pay to play', and that's coming from somebody who's artifacted up in Imperian.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Re-downloaded Diablo 3, cause why not. Been hopping about on Achaea too.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Depends on my mood, more or less. I will whip out Marvel Puzzle Quest on my phone reasonably often. Otherwise...tons of things. Feel free to add me on Steam or PSN if you guys want. I'm under Acratin there.
  • Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Khizan said:
    Hearthstone is too 'pay to play', and that's coming from somebody who's artifacted up in Imperian.

If you've played since the beginning its not too bad honestly - the Tavern Brawls and the daily quests ensure you have a steady income. But its a time sink if you don't buy stuff. Some of the really competitive decks need maybe 1-2 legendary cards - so all in all can't complain. Also the platform compatibility is what I love about it. Play it on your laptop, ipad, phone

• Ohm said:
    Khizan said:
    Hearthstone is too 'pay to play', and that's coming from somebody who's artifacted up in Imperian.

If you've played since the beginning its not too bad honestly - the Tavern Brawls and the daily quests ensure you have a steady income. But its a time sink if you don't buy stuff. Some of the really competitive decks need maybe 1-2 legendary cards - so all in all can't complain. Also the platform compatibility is what I love about it. Play it on your laptop, ipad, phone
    It's also worth noting that (generally speaking) some of the strongest ladder/tournaments decks in Hearthstone tend to be the low cost aggro decks.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Ohm said:
    Khizan said:

The problem with Hearthstone is that there's no dependability in card access. Gold generation was too slow and it would just buy you a chance at maybe getting something you wanted, but probably not.

And sure, there's dust crafting. Problem with that is that Legendaries and Epics take a ton of dust and your dust income is RNG dependent even if you buy packs. This gave it a hugely timesinky feeling because even when I did earn a pack with gold I usually got ****-all and nothing out of it as far as dust goes. This also made me not want to buy decks, because decks don't provide me with dependable value. And that's really the big thing for me. In M:tG I could buy specific cards and know exactly what I was getting. In Imperian, I can make a purchase and be confident that I was getting X amount of credits. But in Hearthstone, I was buying mystery boxes and the value just wasn't there.

If they let me get access to all the cards for an optional $10/month, I'd have been tempted. If they let me buy specific cards for a couple of bucks, it would have been a huge impulse purchase magnet. But as it is, it's just too damn timesinky to get anywhere. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• So... anyone else in the Overwatch beta?
  • Thanks to White March Part 2, I'm back into Pillars of Eternity again
  • Since my internet here isn't good enough to hold an Imperian connection, I have been playing
    Town of Salem
    p much mafia game in flash, it's awesome. Join. Add me. I'm Yreogh on there.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Doing another playthrough of Dark Souls 2 in preparation for next month. Also been playing a lot of Stone Soup Dungeon Crawl. If you're a nerd and don't need fancy graphics, I definitely recommend it.

• Playing the rereleased version of DkS2?
  • Stardew Valley, it is addicting to say the least
  • Black Desert Online. A mmo where you can build a trade empire? Yes please.
  • Icarius said:
    Black Desert Online. A mmo where you can build a trade empire? Yes please.
    How are you liking it so far, Icarius? I've watched a few vids and I'm pretty interested, but is the game worth the cost?

• ESO on PS4!
  • Paragon on PS4
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Just look at my Steam list under Acratin. Last few days I've putzed around in FTL and Sentinels of the Multiverse. I've also been playing MLB The Show on PS4 a little bit. Then there's XCOM 2, and a little bit of KOTOR. Plus... (I play a lot of games.)
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Currently on Destiny TTK for my xbox 360. I hate how much this game has pulled me in and how much I love the pvp in it.
  • Diablo III's latest season for some shinies.
    Occasional rounds of SMNC when there's enough people around to get properly stuck in.
    but mostly, lots of Moung & Blade: Warband.
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Games that I was playing when I still had access to a console (i dont' own any myself anymore, financial troubles early into a move to an expensive tourist town)

Warframe: I was sold the minute I found out there were fist weapons. (I dont like playing monks in MUDs though, being a monk is not the same as just punch/ragdolling things and giggling like a madman)

Hitman: Absolution: I may not be the most... subtle or elegant hitman, but oh man can i get the job done. One mission i managed to get my target within the first ten seconds, the rest of the map was spent trying to avoid the guards - while still picking them off one by one.
    Only game where I tried to kill in inventive ways, though it usually boiled down to zippy one liners.

Need For Speed: Rivals/Need for Speed: The Run: I love racing games. I'm crap at them, but when my driving skills are on point, and im getting into a good flow. There's something satisfying about leading a bunch of police cars down a bridge, suddenly doing a U-turn and driving right back through them all.

Dark Souls 2: Never beat it, spent most of my time accidentally wandering into boss fights and getting ambushed by the blue ghost guys. I had a really bad habit of killing merchants that had no further use to me.

Fallout 4: my -softgasp- game. Quirky. Occasionally buggy, and for some reason of everyone that was playing it in my house, i was the one who dealt with the most deathclaws. I was the only one who'd sigh in exasperation when seeing a deathclaw, actually that's not true.
    It was usually 'Oh, hello again.'
    My favorite thing was incapacitating synths, and the penetrator perk. Nothing beats a pistol that can shoot through walls. Brotherhood of steel becomes wimpy without their suits and sentry bots scrap easily with it. Good times. 
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    Dimitri said:
    Need For Speed: Rivals/Need for Speed: The Run: I love racing games. I'm crap at them, but when my driving skills are on point, and im getting into a good flow. There's something satisfying about leading a bunch of police cars down a bridge, suddenly doing a U-turn and driving right back through them all.

Yessssssssssss! I love racing games too. And doing exactly that. (But ONLY in video games)
  • Right now having fun with Blood Bowl 2.
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    Dumb Ways to Die/Dumb Ways to Die 2