Skip to content

What do you do for a living?

edited October 2012 in The Real Life
Assuming you have a job and don't live in your parent's basement (Khizan).   What do you do for a living?  

I'm a Union Sheet Metal Worker.  I typically work on government funded projects doing exterior metal, roofs, decorative things, welding, soldering and the like, I enjoy the outdoors and my job allows me to be outdoors year round.  

Comments

• Hospitality.
  • I install home security systems for Vivint. Typically a summer position, but I work year-round with 'em.
  • Best house wife in the world! Yup that's me!
  • edited October 2012
    Web Development & Design, Server Management. And Networking and Tech Support, because why not?

I used to run travel websites, now I run some job boards and recruiting tools.

I also occasionally pretend to program.

Edit to sound more lame.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • I'm training to be a Registered Inspector for propane gas trucks. I do meter calibrations, annual inspections, hydrostatic tests, and non-shop repair work. We work on site, which is why I disappear from time to time for a few days at a time. Our company covers, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, and occasionally Georgia. One more year, and I can start working without my boss being over my shoulder(3 years of in the field training to be certified).

• Line Co-Ordinator  in the food industry.

• Student. Still.

Now I'm picturing Delrayne as Hank Hill.

• Mkvenner said:
    Student. Still.

"I sell propane and propane accessories".
  • I work on historical sites associated with the American Civil War.
  • Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant for Environmental Sciences Dept while I work on graduate degrees.
  • ahem...currently looking, but am a private tutor and a substitute teacher ... someone hire pwease if you's in chemical world? 
    Sometimes you just gotta know when to quit someone, and other times, you need to hold on that one person with dear life. 
  • I'm a grantwriter for an education non-profit. I write proposals to various private and corporate foundations for funding to continue the organization's work.
  • In my line of work, once I tell you what I really do, I have to kill you--or, have you sign a whole lot of non-disclosure agreements.

Essentially--speaking on a high level-- I'm in the business of fighting cyber terrorists, criminals and basement dwellers. I also happen to secure networks for a world class company that manufactures multi-million dollar .........things that I can not say.

Clear as mud?

• Mkvenner said:
    Student. Still.

For the record, I work on propane trucks. I do not drive a propane truck or sell propane....

Hank Hill says, "Damn it Bobby!"

• I do things in places with other things.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Student, and EMT with the county's 911 system

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I work for the Orlando Magic in their retail division. I'm also the Newslines Editor for Hoopsworld.com, a pretty decent basketball website.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • That sounds pretty interesting. 
    Kaveri said:
    I work on historical sites associated with the American Civil War.

• Bathan said:
    I work for the Orlando Magic in their retail division. I'm also the Newslines Editor for Hoopsworld.com, a pretty decent basketball website.
    Too bad the Magic are going to suck extra bad now. Muhahaha!

• Jeremy said:
    Bathan said:
    I work for the Orlando Magic in their retail division. I'm also the Newslines Editor for Hoopsworld.com, a pretty decent basketball website.
    ITT: Jeremy rolls out his new circle changes.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Jeremy said:
    Bathan said:
    Just watch, we're going to be in the hunt for the 8th seed. People don't realize how good this core of young talent can be if they push themselves. I got to watch a lot of the young guys at the Trans Airway Summer League. You're probably just a Lakers fan anyhow.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Bathan said:
    Jeremy said:
    Bathan said:
    Just watch, we're going to be in the hunt for the 8th seed. People don't realize how good this core of young talent can be if they push themselves. I got to watch a lot of the young guys at the Trans Airway Summer League. You're probably just a Lakers fan anyhow.
    Ho ho ho. I am NOT a Lakers fan. My wife would kill me. Pretty excited for the season to start though.

• Call center phone jockey, activate.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Market researcher, though at the moment I'm a number checking monkey.
  • Big Brother.

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Right now? I'm a student, husband, and father of two, one of which is sleeping right next to me because she refuses to take her sick self and sleep in her crib. The other is with my wife and is all of 3 weeks old.

After a motorcycle accident breaking the right leg, then a work accident shattering the left leg and ankle, I'm playing with unemployment and trying to find some line of work that will accept the incredibly in-demand 'crippled felon'. So I'm working on picking Java back up when I'm not writing theology papers in attempts to avoid failing college classes.
  • The other is with my wife and is all of 3 weeks old.

:/