Skip to content

City Security

2»

Comments

• The city raiding mentality...

14th day of Artificium, in the year 35 AM. Thank Jeremy for the rain which has helped wash the garbage and the trash off the roads, I'm raiding solo now, which means stretch-shifts, six to six, sometimes to six to eight in the a.m., six days a week. It's a hustle but it keeps me from being bored. I can take in three to three-fifty guards a week, more with new death changes. I work the whole city, up, down, don't make no difference to me - does to some. Some won't kill non-combatants - Hell, don't make no difference to me. They're all animals anyway. All the animals come out at night. Mudsexers, arti-whores, bashers, drama queens, fairies, weed smokers, drunkards, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

On another note, could be cool if towne conflict system had things you build like guard houses, thieves den and mage halls that you would use to attack other townes, which could be objectives to be taken down or such. You would also need farms to feed the soldiers and different leaders to give different bonuses to townes.
  • Towneville!
  • As this 'war' has refreshed itself in what seems to be an even playing field, I can't help but notice some amusing little trends that really highlight the flaws of raids in general.

Round I
    When Kinsarmar was being raided, they were outclassed because they were not experienced fighters/defenders/city leaders. They were chosen as victims because they're newbs. You could say they were the Khandava of this time period. When Kinsarmar cried foul, they were met with days of mockery and insult. They implied that it if it didn't stop that they would be forced to quit because it wasn't any fun anymore. Once again, they were met with days of mockery and insult. It wasn't until Demonic the Macho Man Savage (yeeeeaaaahhhh!) tagged in that Kinsarmar was offered 'coherent' terms. Who can blame them for tagging out and leaving the stadium? No one.

Round II
    We're going to step over the mine field of terrible logic and cut to the chase. AM once mocked people for turtling and logging off (Kinsarmar, Celidon, Stavenn). Suddenly, when an equally derp opponent shows up, Imperian just isn't the funnest, fun game in the world. Butts are hurt. Rage is released in ring. People migrate to LoL, steam holiday sale (>phylacteries), and Aetolia. The He-Man circle of 24/7 pk heroism quit, because when they were raided, other games became more fun. Of course this implies that Imperian became less fun than other games. Fancy that. It's almost like there should be some win/lose condition?

Cities are in lockdown. Guards are in huge clots and cities aren't safe because they're guarding against the laundry list of explotied bad design decisions. People in AM are getting bitched at for being clueless and bad. They're not clueless or bad. They're just trying to play a game. Isn't it weird for me to be taking that stance now? People in demonic screw up, but no one yells at them. It's honestly not their fault mark return works globally outdoors. One side 'tries' to act butch by standing in a ghost town and chest pounding. After a few hours, someone kicks the piss out of them and we return to begrudging 'stalemate', largely because the move that ends this game is incredibly shitty, highly douchey and really unncessary if there are two adults in the room.

If anything, this 'war' has really highlighted everything wrong with this system. I've been on both sides of this shit and it's really not fun for either party involved, which I imagine why other games are so much fun, fun, funner right now. So, I guess this post is aiming for a dual purpose.

#1. Point proven. Dicks measured. Kanthari won most decorative, btw. Too strunk to quit. We know who the 'fighters' are and they're so incredibly manly. The rest of the world doesn't even lift.

#2. Guard griefing and raiding sucks. It's not even a way to prove that you're 'strong'. It's really just an exercise in how much of an attention whore an organization is willing to be. It's not even something that fills in the gap of "nothing to do, no storyline." It's like, I pushed Lio down the stairs. Listen to all the busy noises. Trololol. Hopefully, we can agree it sucks and boycott this crap and slap fight over townes or something slightly more reasonable. Maybe we can agree to sit outside gates without siege lines and have some coordinated slap fights. Who knows.

If that's not indicative of how shitty this system is, I don't know what is.