Skip to content

So... what have I missed?

2»

Comments

• Summoner, Wytch, and Assassin(Saboteur) have been reworked so heavily that they're nothing like they were when you last played.

Assassin lost combat illusions entirely, and changes to the game ensure that combat illusions are dead as a doornail barring a few super-super-niche things, none of which have anything to do with afflicting. 

Wytch lost the timebomb mechanisms of Vodun for good, and it's just a straight affliction class now, albeit one that usually kills via an afflictions->damage route.

Summoner lost the entourage almost entirely, aside from the pathfinder and the doppleganger, and it's now a damage-based class. Affliction summoner as Fast is theoretically possible yet horribly suboptimal, and it will hopefully stay that way; with Diabolist, Assassin, and Wytch the last thing Demonic needs is yet another straight affliction class.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Professions work in that you can learn all the professions within your circle and swap between them. When you swap professions you need to relearn your skills to where you had them. This takes a bit of time but no additional lessons. Besides novices being placed in Guilds, professions are not that heavily linked to them any longer, you can typically find someone to easily apprentice you in a profession. How much you learn in that profession will determine if you are an Apprentice(90% return) or Master(50% return) you are always a Novice(100% return) in your profession while you are below level 50, no matter how much you've learned
  • edited February 2014
    Aulani said:
    Professions work in that you can learn all the professions within your circle and swap between them. When you swap professions you need to relearn your skills to where you had them. This takes a bit of time but no additional lessons. Besides novices being placed in Guilds, professions are not that heavily linked to them any longer, you can typically find someone to easily apprentice you in a profession. How much you learn in that profession will determine if you are an Apprentice(90% return) or Master(50% return) you are always a Novice(100% return) in your profession while you are below level 50, no matter how much you've learned

Thank you Khizan! So if I understand this correctly, I could join say the Revenants, then just wait for someone with the Defiler class to show up and apprentice me?

Edit: Are bardics and artisinals still going? I've learned how to draw while I was away :)

Drill baby drill because luck is a skill.
  • Revenants have the Defiler class  now, IIRC. That's another change. Guilds can be associated with more than one profession.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited February 2014
    Yes, they are still going on. The current one ends in march I believe. It's about "new players" and such.
  • Iriaen said:
    Aulani said:
    Professions work in that you can learn all the professions within your circle and swap between them. When you swap professions you need to relearn your skills to where you had them. This takes a bit of time but no additional lessons. Besides novices being placed in Guilds, professions are not that heavily linked to them any longer, you can typically find someone to easily apprentice you in a profession. How much you learn in that profession will determine if you are an Apprentice(90% return) or Master(50% return) you are always a Novice(100% return) in your profession while you are below level 50, no matter how much you've learned

Thank you Khizan! So if I understand this correctly, I could join say the Revenants, then just wait for someone with the Defiler class to show up and apprentice me?

Edit: Are bardics and artisinals still going? I've learned how to draw while I was away :)

Take a look at ANNOUNCE POST 2516
  • Thanks Svorai :)

What would you guys suggest a new defiler learn, I assume torment is the bashing skill, are there any core damage reduction or utility skills in the other skillsets that I'm going to want to get before putting the remainder into torment?
    Drill baby drill because luck is a skill.
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    edited February 2014
    Shadowbinding has all the defences and Desecration is for your treant buddy which is mostly for PK. I would suggest learning Shadowbinding after Torment and before Desecration.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    Defiler:

Torment is your bashing skill. It's also going to be your primary pk skill because of corrosion and entropy mechanics.

Desecration is your combo skill and involves using your treant to do nifty things.
    Execute mechanic, varied afflcitions, limb breaks, super numbness, mouth rape (no, seriously, it's an instakill). Desecration is largely a pk skill.

Shadowbinding is like the demonic version of kaido.
    Confutation is your best passive defense, but I'd learn to regrowth because it's extra regen. Recup gives you mana regen and antibodies works like necklaces of purity back in the day.

Defiler bashing is ok, but I think it's too slow to get much use out of bashing wise. Too many hits taken vs too many hits dished out.

Statpacks for defiler:

Bashing: Strong, Athletic, Dextrous, Fast

Pk: Athletic, Dextrous, Fast, basically +1/+2 balance races (for the entropy build up)
    *strong gets nixed because it's slow and carries an eq malus.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited February 2014
    if anything, Desecration now is more of the PK skillset than torment

though other than knights and predator, pretty much everyone else needs more than 1 skillset to practically "pk" I guess
  • Do not forget that other classes were totally changed to be Imperian unique; Mage, Hunter, Druid, and Outrider were all redesigned to be entirely Imperian unique classes.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited February 2014
    King of the Spring turned into a pogostick enthusiast clan.  :(

• IniarIniar Australia
    Pogo stick or 'pogostick'
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure