Skip to content

16 Years of Iron Realms!

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Iluv said:
    I was nine years old and living in California, watching reboot and the starship troopers cartoon and playing handball (wallball) and game gear while children in Japan were hospitalized for seizures while watching Pokemon.

Oh Porygon episode....
  • VivianneVivianne Atlanta, GA
    Vivianne said:
    I was 18 and graduated High school 16 years ago, May 1997 in a small town called Winchester, TN where Dinah Shore was born.

Oh, I almost forgot about FF7...I stayed up two days straight playing that the very first day it came out.

• I feel old.

16 years ago. was 20, married, child one was here, child two was on the way, and was in the midst of writing my first fantasy novel. Was just starting to get into muds around that time, Strange I only started playing IRE this year after being away from muds for 6 years.
  • I was 12 and had recently discovered the internet as a place where a treasure trove of bookworms, geeks, and the 1990's equivalent of the Browncoat existed.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2013
    Lytharose said:
    I feel old.

16 years ago. was 20, married, child one was here, child two was on the way, and was in the midst of writing my first fantasy novel. Was just starting to get into muds around that time, Strange I only started playing IRE this year after being away from muds for 6 years.
    What did you write? Can we read it?

E: The average age so far is approx 10.3 + 16. The mode is 9 + 16.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Sixteen years ago I was 7 of age. I managed to shrug off all my health issues, pneumonia, meningitis, hepatitis, mild episodes of heart on lung failure. I would go into 'stasis' for days, not being able to talk or move, just blinking to communicate with my parents. When I turned seven, everything seemed to turn to normal. Been up and kicking, got my college degree in finances, about to move with my girlfriend in the capital city of my country. Things are going well.
  • Uh...16 years ago? I think I was 8, which would put me in middle-of-nowhere Arizona, trying to avoid stepping on anymore rattlesnakes or aggravating anymore javelinas. 
    All this talk of poke'mon makes me miss my yellow version where I had every single 151 legit, then I found out the hard way that cartriges back then had limited battery life for saves :(
  • 11, going to middle school with Moriana.
  • Mathiaus said:
    All this talk of poke'mon makes me miss my yellow version where I had every single 151 legit, then I found out the hard way that cartriges back then had limited battery life for saves :(
    We should totally battle. Any gen, any tier, anytime.

• My friends and I used to play Brian and just spam his sweep kick hahaha.
  • Age five, second grade, busy playing Playstation games without a memory card, which, in retrospect, was probably what made me patient with games, seeing as I had to start over with every game every time I played.

I still had strict limits of 30 minutes of TV or video games per day, too, and was just about to graduate to Starcraft.

And pokemon. What kid didn't play pokemon?
  • edited September 2013
    7. Dealing pokemon cards at school. Oh, and Street Fighter and this racing game called Burning Road.  Being called squirrel, and looking ridiculous in cowboy outfits during school picture days (thanks mom!).
    7. Dealing pokemon cards at school. Oh, and Street Fighter and this racing game called Burning Road.  Being called squirrel, and looking ridiculous in cowboy outfits during school picture days (thanks mom!).

Post, damn you, post!
  • Gurn said:

And pokemon. What kid didn't play pokemon?

I didn't. I never really learned anything about it until I got to college.
  • Bathan said:
    I was probably 10 and in the front yard with a stick pretending I was a samurai. Not much has changed, haha.
    Me and my brothers would do pretty much the same, acting out Chrono Cross battles.
  • Sixteen years ago I was 16.  I played DragonRealms at the time and played it since it came out.  I got banned from there for selling plats.  A few years later, I was looking for a new mud to play and Imperian landed me with IRE.  Growing up in the mid 90s, it was easy to be a script kid - mudding was the next, legal step.
    edited September 2013
    Shiln said:

Sixteen years ago I was 16.  I played DragonRealms at the time and played it since it came out.  I got banned from there for selling plats.  A few years later, I was looking for a new mud to play and Imperian landed me with IRE.  Growing up in the mid 90s, it was easy to be a script kid - mudding was the next, legal step.

Oddly enough, heard about DR from my gf's parents. They used to play it every hour of the day until her mom died in a car accident. They said it was one of the better muds supposedly.
  • I would have been 11 and doing 11 year old stuff I imagine. Probably pokemon too
  • At twelve I left Indiana for Kansas, had the end of a bunch of friendships as well as a two years long doomed crush I had on an exchange student that was living in the house who was eight years older than me and when I ended up in a new place without any friends for the third time in three years I started in on online message boards.
  • Only if legendaries are banned. >:(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Based on the descriptions of several of the vanity pets, I'm not convinced that Pokemon aren't already in Imperian.
  • Just imagine how much more artifact pets would go for if that were added.