Skip to content

Fighting a Bard

2»

Comments

• I don't know why, but what I imagined was deadpan delivery is making me crack up way more than it should right now.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I agree with Sarrius, I don't like having all these affliction based momentum classes. Something unique and fresh would be great. If not, I like Kryss's idea of centering the resonating notes to be either damage/afflict/defense, or etc, where you can only choose one style and note at a time and play your strategy from there.

Remove 3/4's of the masked afflictions? Yes.

Remove how resonance builds and its three way synergy? Yes.

Remove instant Kantae and other dead horse things I've been saying all this time. Of bloody course.

For having played bard and having fought bard inside and out guilds (though I haven't fought another bard in quite some time since Iscellom left) all these years, I know the class can be managed in a fight if certain aspects are changed about it.

For now, all we can hope for is a solid classlead round followed up with a possible revamp.
  • Frankly, I'd rather make them into a swashbuckling limb damage class than another goddamned eq-based affliction caster. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Limb damage with a needle! Whoop, Whoop!
  • Please make Bards into musical pirates so that I can take Anarion Magick and fulfill Khizan's dark prophecy from years ago.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Ahkan said:
    Limb damage with a needle! Whoop, Whoop!
    Limb damage with a small bone knife!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Makes more sense than a needle.