Skip to content

Coming back to Imperian

I've been gone for a few years now, and so much has changed!

Which clients are the best right now? Or is the IRE client the new default?

If IRE, can systems made in z/cmud be imported into it?

Comments

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    I hear the web client has improved vastly, and Mathiaus can probably vouch for that (he has a quite extensive system on it).

That being said, I think most people still use Mudlet or z/cmud. Cmud is a lot more user friendly (especially for non-coders) and Mudlet I suppose is more lightweight and better for those who prefer to code in LUA (though cmud also supports lua, among other languages).

Basically use whatever you're comfortable with, it's probably able to do whatever you want it to do.
  • I'll probably stick with CMUD then, since I managed to find my system in backup. Is there a way to make the map a separate panel, so it's not in-line with everything else? I'm so used to the old MUDBOT. The separate window for the map was great.

Thanks!
  • I'm not sure which version of CMUD you have, but at least in recent versions the map is a separate (but by default docked) window. You can undock it.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I have 2.37 (V2). I can't get the integrated mapper to work though. During the configuration wizard when you select what it scans for, it causes the client to stop responding, every time.
  • I'll move that topic over to the CMUD thread. Thanks!