Skip to content

New Artifacts Wishlist

Comments

• That would almost make for a cool promo @jeremy
  • Maybe there's already something like this and I'm just not aware of it, but something to draw out a targeted mob from a clot would be nice. Oh, hello, clot of 25 teaming whosits. You look painful. :(

• edited December 2014
    Teravi said:
    Maybe there's already something like this and I'm just not aware of it, but something to draw out a targeted mob from a clot would be nice. Oh, hello, clot of 25 teaming whosits. You look painful. :(

We have no plans to create an artifact that duplicates the effect of the Lure skill at this time.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited December 2014
    Mathiaus said: 

a mechanical dummy - A dummy you can use to practice any and all offense actions against. You can control and manipulate it to use things as well, but it can only attack yourself and has a cooldown if you have been fighting someone recently. Once a final 'kill' has been dealt to it, it would scatter in a mess of mechanical pieces that you would simply reassemble. It would be able to cure as a normal person as long as the plants and so fourth were provided to it, and it would be able to wear and wield anything given.

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Taking another idea from Aetolia:

A Set of Tattoo Stamps - 3 tokens (or 100C if not a token ware)
    - The holder of this artifact will find that any tattoo they ink upon themselves or another person will be completed instantly.
  • Having already removed tattoo restrictions and made it possible to ink them mid-combat, we aren't thrilled with the idea of making them instantaneous. We probably won't add that one, but I'll run it up the chain.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Just make starburst the exception. Problem solved.
  • Considering that the inking process is already quicker than the starburst cooldown, it's not like there is extra functionality added. You can already ink fast enough to keep them going, if you can live long enough. Literally the only thing I can think would change would be that you couldn't interrupt the inking process by forcing someone to sleep or out of the room. If that's a problem, exempt starburst while you've got your selfharm cooldown on(meaning that you're actively in combat) and that concern would be gone.

Besides that, it's entirely just a QoL change and I'd imagine it'd be a very popular token ware or artifact.

PS: Still appreciative of the changes to the tattooing process that were already implemented. I remember a time when I couldn't even emote while tattooing, so thanks for that!
  • This artifact would be a great way to make the old achievement hunters cry. That would go great with a previously mentioned desired artifact, the jar of tears.

• IniarIniar Australia
    One jar of tears, please.
  • The ability to ink instant tattoos is not going to change a lot. Most people do not realize they are out of a tattoo until they're keyboard smashing in the Underworld. The price can make it prohibitive enough that t won't be mainstream (if you release it with other competitive items).

If it really bothers you, toss a cooldown on it and then throw it out into the wild. It can't be any worse than say, earrings of gazali or raksha band, right? If  you're inking tattoos in combat you plan on actually staying. Kudos.
    Ouroboros Orbs - There are seven all together. Once you have collected all seven, you summon fourth a green ouroboros and wish for ankle weights. With these, you can throw them on anyone and they can not flip in any way out of the room.
  • Pet Emote tokens that let you have a custom emote added to a pet, usable with ORDER (PET) (EMOTE).
  • I also like this idea. You do essentially the same thing with ambiance orbs.
    Today we shall die.
  • edited January 2015
    It's still so weird to me that in a game that seems to have a keen interest in animals as companions/allies in battle, that most of them have absolutely no reactions to anything, not even a few standard reactions, and no ambience messages either.  Even Achaean creatures have a few reactions (to being petted, or saluted, or mooned, for example) and an ambience message or two that fires occasionally.

Some of these are standard reactions/messages that fit that general type of creature (although there is a sort of funny one about pricking its ears when the owner whistles that is used for all mounts - including non-equines, like elephants, for example :P)  Some are unique to that "kind" of horse (or bird, or dog or whatever).  I can only guess that it's just low on the priority list since Imperian is a smaller game, but it is sort of curious.  I don't really mind much, and I can probably customise my mount to do all of the things I'd like anyway (more easily and cheaply than would ever be the case in Achaea, too).  But the thing about having a mount that does do those things here, is that it almost becomes incredibly strange.  If nearly all creatures have absolutely no personality whatsoever, it's sort of weird when yours does.  I guess some people would probably absolutely love that, because it would make their pet even more snowflakey.  There's some other weird things about how animals work here (like mounts being mostly invisible when they're being ridden, even when the rider isn't masked/cloaked), but I guess that's also sort of useful (especially if your mount isn't named and you're in a room with other similar creatures).  Having the name (if your pet is named) so visible is a bit in your face, too, and I have mixed feelings about that as well.  
  • The worst thing to me is that you can name your weapons with a skill, but it costs 100 credits to name your pet. It only shows in a probe, which seems legit to me.

I want to customize my fairy, which is already pretty snowflakey. I like snowflakes. I just am not sure that I absolutely need 20 reactions right now. I'd probably prefer being able to Familiar-ize her, but aye dee kay.
  • edited January 2015
    Artifact and collared pets can be given reactions using the Mob Reactions system (HELP REACTIONS). This should also include both collared and customization collared pets. If it doesn't, let us know.

Pet Training Tokens have largely been phased out by this system, but there is slightly more you can do with them so they're still for sale.
  • Eoghan said:
    Artifact and collared pets can be given reactions using the Mob Reactions system (HELP REACTIONS). This should also include both collared and customization collared pets. If it doesn't, let us know.

Pet Training Tokens have largely been phased out by this system, but there is slightly more you can do with them so they're still for sale.
    I had absolutely no idea this was a thing. Is it new, or am I dense? Probably me being dense.
  • Mob reactions were released on 9/3/2014. See ANNOUNCE NEWS #2822.
  • I would like an artifact that allows critical hits on caravan guards and boss mobs. If this is considered too powerful, than perhaps make it only generate critical hits at 50% of the normal rate.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Reservoir (50 credits)

- This artifact allows you to throw darts without needing to pre-envenom them, so long as you have the appropriate vial in your inventory.
    Could we have the ivory dice artifact coloured? It's pretty easy for someone to just make an emote or feign with a math.random generator in mudlet or any client for the matter, it's another for someone to easily make a 6/6 dice emote.
  • Maybe it's already been posted, but an artifact that reproduced the SCOUT AREA skill from Trailblazing would be brilliant. 
  • Zophael said:

Maybe it's already been posted, but an artifact that reproduced the SCOUT AREA skill from Trailblazing would be brilliant. 

Already exists.
  • edited March 2015
    I would love an artifact 'Barrel of Aryana' or something of that sort, preferably for tokens, that would allow me to drown myself whenever I want to enter the Underworld.

The drowning would be to prevent any sort of real combat use, since it's a long channeled action. And also because I would be immensely entertained by people pulling out barrels and drowning themselves nonchalantly in their cities.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited March 2015
    Tbh, I figured that Aleutia would discover waterboarding in Imperian. At least it's a khandavan. Wooo
  • edited March 2015
    I'd like to see something addressing artifact redundancy in a few areas, mostly because artifacts offering abilities in other skills is gradually becoming more commonplace. Example? If someone possesses both the artifact that allows someone to use SCOUT AREA, as well as the scout ability in either Trailblazing/Pioneering, they'll do it with a quicker eq recovery than someone who just possesses the artifact.

The advantages for possessing both the artifact and skill don't need to be excessive or large, but someone who possesses the actual skill and the artifact that grants the skill should have a SLIGHT advantage over someone who just possesses the artifact.

More examples:

Using a Phantom Mask as a Predator causes the mask to fall off after a slightly longer delay after performing an aggressive action.

Arrowcatch's mana drain is reduced greatly or eliminated if you have both the artifact and the ability elsewhere.

This will also make these artifacts partially attractive to those who may already have the skills and address redundancy. Don't know what you'd do with acrobatic boots. I'm not touching that can of worms.
  • Sup @Selthis
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • edited March 2015
    Some Cloak of Other Sneaky Adjective - 100 credits - Makes ghost and shroud not fade with time.

Willing To Buy. No chance I'm going to spend ~160 credits between getting the Cloak of Obfuscate and the Aspect Perk just to still have to deal with ghost maintenance.

Edit: I've suggested it before, but sometimes I'm a bit dis tractable. Sort of like that Candlejack guy who comes arou