Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• The first I actually had fun participating in for a long time. Priest is pretty refreshing, I just need to sit down and work out more of my Kanai buttons.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I was heartily disappointed when the velociraptor arrived with all the train-cars though.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    From the time I logged in, it was Supreme! But I mean you guys are right, you only outnumbered us by two. I even started to calculate how outnumbered in artifacts we were, but then got bored.
  • Fun shard falls that highlight the fact that:

"Follow Aleutia" 

is right up there with quantum mechanics, statistics models, and genetics.
  • I heart Entities. @Vyir

Introducing them was really one of the best decisions the administration's made since I started playing this game.
  • edited December 2013
    Ashel said:

Ashel (10:43:03 PM): this is so.. imperian
    Ashel (10:43:46 PM): the city that refuses to acknowledge when its dunked sides with the moral high grounders and the 'shit, its a fight, i want in' guys against the 'YEEHAW INDISCRIMINATE BLOODSHED' crew 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Raiding. PVP. Trouble. Glorious one-sided fights. Oh Imperian. So many feels. <333

• Deliverance. Can't get enough of it.

• My apparent penchant for being invisible if everyone else dies and I'm the last one left. Happened twice in 30 minutes... how that happens, I'll never know.
  • Most likely cleansing stripping lifevision.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I <3 how much derping I've been doing as Deathknight just flailing about these past few months and I haven't even read AB NECROMANCY yet :D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Got to be honest, I had this image of the Khandava group collectively facepalming when magick all walked in and hit my deliverance for the second time.
  • Iluv said:
    Most likely cleansing stripping lifevision.
    Would make sense, but it was a group of about 5-6 or so left. Cleansing stripped lifevision on ALL of them?
  • Ambrose said:
    Iluv said:
    Would make sense, but it was a group of about 5-6 or so left. Cleansing stripped lifevision on ALL of them?
    Someone has never dealt with cleasing before, I see.
  • Iluv said:
    Ambrose is just incredibly low on the threat-o-meter, what with his never-attacking-enough-to-be-noticed and all.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited December 2013
    Sometimes it's better to keep certain people alive because they are more of a liability to their team (e.g. Shou when the team has anyone else dependent on limb damage). Or people like Septus who I ignore because he's tanky and knows how to play defensively – in half the time it would take to kill him, you could have killed everyone else in his team (mitigating potential casualties on your side).
  • I heart reading the forums these days. It's a lot of negative stuff, but the fact that anything's going on at least mildly tempts me to be around.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
    I don't think anyone but Eldy, and him only the first time, actually hit deliverance in demonic. It was such a clear and concise example of WHY we're happy to have demonic say lol to RP and step into the ring.
  • Haha, Menoch complaining about anyone's bad roleplay. I wasn't aware that the Diavlous were gang bangers.

-Mutual hatred has been enough roleplay to commit Stavenn to a fight (citation: Anything Menoch ever attempted to do, or #butthurt in his case)
    -Khandava, having been raided and given shitty surrender conditions, took the moral high ground and pulled someone else out of the fire.
    -Dudes just wanted to fight a bunch of windbag idiots. Kinsarmar was more than happy to accept aid.

It's happened in real life and in every long running sci-fi/fantasy story line. The enemy of my enemy can temporarily be my frenemy. Pretty sure Menoch accepted aid from Magick/Anti-magick while he was trashing Stavenn the first time, but at the time it was 'good' rp.

Back to your hole.
  • edited December 2013
    The difference is that when Khandava was given shitty surrender conditions, they were actually shitty and unreasonable.

100 diamonds is objectively a drop in the bucket. Their rejection was based entirely on pride (confirmed) and certain benefactors egging them on so they could step in (suspected and expected).

I don't particularly care about the rest, I just couldn't let that one go.

I also heart iced coffee.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
    As per usual, nothing you said makes much sense and no real pieces of truth were apparent, except for stating the obvious. Who's complaining? I'm happy to have more! Killing magick is boring. Getting stripped by roots and doppies, that's a good fun time. I admit, I'm not a paragon of RP like you because I don't pretend being blatantly ooc is being cleverly meta, and I guess I could learn a few things about how to RP in the style of yelling hashtags in random cities.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Menoch said:
    As per usual, nothing you said makes much sense and no real pieces of truth were apparent, except for stating the obvious. Who's complaining? I'm happy to have more! Killing magick is boring. Getting stripped by roots and doppies, that's a good fun time. I admit, I'm not a paragon of RP like you because I don't pretend being blatantly ooc is being cleverly meta, and I guess I could learn a few things about how to RP in the style of yelling hashtags in random cities.
    @Menoch: That's because you can't read and can't interpret what you read.

@Sarrius: Sure there was a bit of pride in there. The big problem was they didn't trust you (for good reason).  Kryss and Menoch would likely never quit raiding/griefing. We're also all aware  that you're unlikely to come down on them for being stupid. Why would Kinsarmar pay a ransom that would likely not stop the raids? Then they're out 2 sets of guards -and- 100 diamonds. We've already covered why your 'ransom demand' was crappy so we'll just leave that alone. 

Look at it this way. You're one gang of organized crime who was extorting the local deli every Monday for money. They could either pay and get the shit kicked out of them next week, or invite the opposing gang to come play interference for free. Sort of an easy choice there. You really could have avoided this if you actually had a 'plan' going into this. Sadly, we know you didn't because you guys were bored and wanted pkpkpkpk.

Late edit: Actually, @Sarrius. If you were in Alvetta's shoes. Would you accept the surrender condition you offered her? Aka: With you as leader and you group of raiders, would you say yes to 100 diamonds?
    edited December 2013
    There's 'The Ahkan' again, disparage, ignore directed questions/contradictions, change subject. You forgot your obligatory hashtag musthavelastword comment though.

ETA: What I -really- heart, in a terrible attempt to stay on subject, is how if you do something really truly horrible, and you have no remorse (pun intended!), over what you have done, you can just make a different character and keep logging in. We can call it the Shukron, but we all know it is also part of the Ahkan.
  • @Ahkan: I didn't have a plan because I logged in and ran with it. When Kinsarmar presented the desire to finish it, I said 'sure, but not emptyhanded'. My demands weren't unreasonable because I would have just ousted the troublemakers.

In your urge to discredit me and base your argument utterly on emotion and insults, you fail to observe my history of getting rid of people who go against my wishes while I am king of the castle. I don't blame you, but it is truly sad that you will stick to the same argument instead of rushing to label AM 'grieftown' because you feel a need to fabricate ethical and moral superiority.
  • Sarrius said:
     I also heart iced coffee.
    Me too! Especially Frappaccinos. From Starbucks. <3
  • Menoch said:
    There's 'The Ahkan' again, disparage, ignore directed questions/contradictions, change subject. You forgot your obligatory hashtag musthavelastword comment though.

ETA: What I -really- heart, in a terrible attempt to stay on subject, is how if you do something really truly horrible, and you have no remorse (pun intended!), over what you have done, you can just make a different character and keep logging in. We can call it the Shukron, but we all know it is also part of the Ahkan.
    That's actually the 'The Menoch." You really haven't raised any logical points of contention or demonstrated the ability to remain reasonable. At least Sarrius, Ambrose, Septus and everyone else (including me) can find mutual ground to agree upon, as we're all willing to admit there's a lot of murky grey area when you get into raiding. You're just rolling with your fingers in your ears , #thuglief, #insults #graffiti #daboss #yolo. To be honest, your demeanor is why people don't trust anti-magick :P
  • Ahkan said:
    Menoch said:

You're just rolling with your fingers in your ears
    How Dem/Magick feels about fingers in ears? :/
    (Only if we keep voting!)