Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paying credits shouldnt be a solution to a balance problem.

EochaidEochaid Member Posts: 154 ✭✭
edited April 7 in General Discussion
  • classlead 965 -- Approve, but disapprove. Escapes are good, hinders are good. We're going to try something different for this one. There is now a new single use inexpensive artifact (diachaim glue) that will disable the flip boots for a short period. We'll reconsider this further after we see how this works out.

As the title says we should not be bringing in more things that are pay to use.

The entire point of switching Imp to free to play was to allow people to build up without having to constantly pay in.

If a skill is deemed unbalanced then rebalance it. If a skill is deemed acceptable leave it as it is.

This half way house of giving solutions that require paying into with disposable credits is just not the right way to treat the game.

If flip boots are really a problem and you want a consumeable to stop them then make it an in game item with a cooldown not a pay to win feature.

Ryse

Comments

• EochaidEochaid Member Posts: 154 ✭✭
    I'm adding in the side note that people are already pissed off with how many pay in extras the game already has. Want to avoid detection you can pay for that. Want to turn off flip boots you can pay for that now, We already have people leaving the game due to stupid pay for temp artifacts. Stop adding more in. No one has asked for them. None of the solutions in the report ever asked for more pay in artifacts.

Even ignoring the balance arguement of flip boots being good or bad the solution is terrible for the game.
  • DeklanDeklan Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Coming back here just to say this:

Hello, Veil of the Otenebrate. Back so soon?

• GlijijeGlijije Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    I think the glue is a bad idea too. What does the veil have to do with it?
  • RyseRyse Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    Glijije said:
    I think the glue is a bad idea too. What does the veil have to do with it?
    I agree with Eo and Glij. A credit item is a bad idea. Make it an engineering item to be bought in stores or made by crafters. Perhaps offer an engineering item that requires shards, and a credit item that doesn’t. Now the glue is like a desublimator - pay for frost bracers and avoid using shards, or use shards and avoid paying credits. Call it a “glue mixer” or something.

i believe Deklan is referring to the Veil because it was a credit item that negated all manner of scrying, essentially allowing players to “pay to avoid detection” and thereby nullify many critical class features. The glue is similar - “don’t like boots/berserkers? Pay to stop flipping!”
    Ifreann