Skip to content

February Forum Town Hall

As I mentioned in our 2020 prospective, one of the things I'm going to be doing each month is a "town hall" of sorts here on the forums. You're able to post questions you'd like answers on, and in a week or two, I'll close the thread and start posting responses!

You can post about just about any subject impacting the game, like roleplay, lore, combat, and mechanics, but please be sure to keep your questions constructive!

Please do NOT use this thread to attack (or even reply to) other players - if your post isn't a question to the administration, it will be edited or removed.

I look forward to reading and answering your questions!

NOTE: I've been hella sick so I haven't recorded answers to January's town hall yet, so I'm going to roll January and February together!
Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Jeremy Saunders said: (from post about going free)

Characters may gain BOUND credits for the following activities.

• Spawnwave Rewards: Up to 10 per day at diminishing returns per wave done
    • Achievements: We will be changing many achievements to credit rewards
    • Major Quests: 1 to 10 credits for completing major quests in the game
    • Major Bosses: Reward credits when killing major bosses in the game
    • Building and Guide Volunteers: We will be increasing payout here.
    • Crafting Approvals: We will review the amounts.
    • Help File Bounties: Credits for improving help files.
    • No-Brainer Lesson and Credits: These will exist at a gold cost.

Characters may gain normal credits for the following activities.

• In-game Prizes: Admin will reward for gem hunts, events, arena contests, etc.
    • Credit Auction: The game will periodically sell credits for gold.
    • Credit Market: Will continue as currently designed.
    • Organizations: These will generate credits in some way.
    Most of these items have been reviewed and/or implemented, except the No-Brainer Lesson and Credits, and Credit Auctions, both at a gold cost. Are these still in the plans and if so, awesome! Do you think it could fit this year's planning by any chance?

Also, I'd like to know if it would be possible to buy the elite membership and packages with gold or doubloons someday. That way everyone would really have access to the same things, they simply have to choose if they want to spend time, or money. It could be paid through bank autopay like taxes.

Finally, some achievements have very small rewards for the amount of effort required to complete them. After a while, there is also very few achievements left to work on except those needing to be spread on a very long period of time, if tried at all. 

Are there plans to expand the list of achievements and perhaps review some rewards? For example, being transcendant all tradeskills could give the dwarven toolbox (167cr value) as reward, rather than a 24h xp bonus. If you forge 10000 items, I think you've earned your hammer (100cr value), rather than 25 credits but that's all just food for thoughts.

Thank you!
  • Kinda just curious for curiosity sake, what language is imperian written in? I would assume since the initial code was handed off from Achaea that it is written in an older language such as C.
  • The answers for January and February are up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y_tU6K-JHw

I didn't answer these in advance or write a script, and it shows, but hopefully the answers are what you're looking for.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
This discussion has been closed.