Skip to content

How to Return to Imperian

2»

Comments

• I have a couple of little characters on the go as I try things out, and I really appreciate the advice I've gotten here.

My friend is giving some thought to where she might want to end up as well, though, and is concerned about the fact that she likely won't be able to afford credits any time soon.

I recognise this is a bit of a difficult question, but are there any particular classes that function better than others (in terms of PvP, PvE or both) with a lower credit investment?
  • Xarion said:
    I have a couple of little characters on the go as I try things out, and I really appreciate the advice I've gotten here.

My friend is giving some thought to where she might want to end up as well, though, and is concerned about the fact that she likely won't be able to afford credits any time soon.

I recognise this is a bit of a difficult question, but are there any particular classes that function better than others (in terms of PvP, PvE or both) with a lower credit investment?
    Knight professions are at the moment the best professions for minimal investment to gain both PvP and PvE ability. All three Knight professions work similarly well, allowing you to select which best fits your roleplay ideas.
  • Priest should also be a fairly good PvE class for a low investment, as I believe smite hits fairly hard while bashing with just inspiration and heresy.
  • Cadeyrn said:
    Knight professions are at the moment the best professions for minimal investment to gain both PvP and PvE ability. All three Knight professions work similarly well, allowing you to select which best fits your roleplay ideas.
    Don't knights still require transing both Chivalry and Weaponry to be able to hit reliably, before you really start on your secondary skill?
  • No, it was changed way back to rely in the higher of either Weaponry and your corresponding primary skill (Chivalry, Warding, etc, etc) and then get a bonus of 10% of the other one.

More recently, these changes ocurred as well.
    - Physical attacks now have the same accuracy against mobiles regardless of skill rank; this changes nothing if you are already Transcendent, but will help those who are not - please note that weapon to-hit is still taken into account, and you can still miss if the to-hit is too low (100% accuracy is achieved at 150 to-hit).
    - Mobiles can no longer dodge attacks