With ToA wrapping up in the next few days, I wanted to get some feedback on what people thought. ToA was a very large undertaking for the (very few and very unpaid) remaining Imperian staff and it took a lot of time to put together. The ultimate question is going to be: was it worth it?
A few tidbits about this ToA
- Most of ToA was put together by myself and two other volunteers (Jeremy and Eoghan provided some drive-by support from time to time too)
- Putting everything together took approximately eight weeks of time wherein we did very little else on Imperian. Planning took even longer.
- Issues and approvals suffered as a result, and Jeremy stepped in to help where possible on those. Eoghan rode up on his alpaca towards the end too.
- We introduced some new games such as the hide game and the race game as well as a new dueling format (and worked out a lot of bugs)
- We pushed to have unbound credits awarded rather than the typical bound credits after hearing comments about the lack of options to buy on promo market
- We introduced a number of behind the scenes mechanics (and shamelessly stole others) to try to make it so the events could be as automated as possible to allow our off-hours players a chance to participate in events.
- We've been pushing to include more flavor where possible to add some better event feel.
- We had some things planned that couldn't ultimately be done because we just didn't have the bandwidth to support them. These will hopefully turn into mini-events in the future.
- It's not yet done and hopefully you can all be there for the ending ceremony.
So please, let us know what you think with as many examples as you can give!
NOTE: Do not talk about the actions of individuals in this thread. This is for a discussion of the event, the event mechanics, and to get feedback. This includes thinly or thickly veiled references to individuals. If a game was taken advantage of, tell me how to fix the game not how someone ruined it.