Skip to content

www.logsty.com (Game logs site).

Greetings, all.

This is to announce the second stage of the release of logsty.com.

We're currently in beta stage, although as I am sure you can see, the features and options currently available are
sufficient for such a service.

The service boasts comprehensive support for user login and access with all associated features utilising the Ruby on Rails framework: http://www.rubyonrails.org

The site supports both HTML4 and HTML5 logging, so should your logging scripts utilise the latter, just upload as usual.

Please do take the time to check out the site and offer feedback along with any feature requests you may have.

Kind regards.

http://www.logsty.com

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Why should we use logsty over nogfx? What features does it have that improve over what we already use?
  • A very valid question, and to this I will state a response from the developer:

It's on a faster server for one. It's constantly being added to and improved, and feedback is listened to. It has an option to upload private, unlisted logs, which NoGFX doesn't have (and password-protected logs are incoming as soon as I can add them). However, I really don't care which you use, to be honest. Use what you prefer - this is just another tool for the job. :)

Overall, there is now an option...
  • Out of curiousity, are you a part of the community of one of the IRE games or just some random person?
  • I have been playing Iron Realms games since 2002, yes. Most recently, I was involved heavily in Lusternia.
  • edited February 2013
    One thing I noticed.  Everything seems a bit cut off near the top

http://i.imgur.com/k27pDUj.png

Currently using Win 7 64 bit, Firefox 18.0.2
  • Great, thanks. It will be resolved shortly.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited February 2013
    Can't delete/edit logs.

no ANSI logging (not that this matters much, html logging is fine).

edit: not a fan of the forced line breaks between every newline.

• edited February 2013
    @Selthis: Fixed.

@Azefel: Log deletion will be in soon. As for the newline issue... 30 mins.
  • Ansi logging is important. Ansi log files are much smaller than html logs, and are also the default color log exported by cmud.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • @Lionas: ANSI logging will be available over the next day or so.

@Azefel: Fixed. (Delete being added now).
  • edited February 2013
    The fact that my custom color and font scheme works on this site alone makes it fantastic. The space between lines is excessively large, though, and the quotation marks " are showing up as " . http://www.logsty.com/logs/Gjq2O
  • edited February 2013
    Another thing I noticed: 
    Cassius tells you, "Didn't realize they were available."

Seems like it is parsing quotation marks oddly?

Where you type in the comments, the font color inside of it is very
    light and hard to read against the white textbox. Could you make
    it darker?

Appreciate your super fast response time on adding suggestions/fixes!
  • edited February 2013
    Insert religious objection to Ruby on Rails here. (I also hate php. Honestly, if I had my way, the web would still run on perl cgi, or be entirely html5)
    EDIT: I hope you're updated, too. Massive security holes plugged in the last month.
  • edited February 2013
    Quote:

@Lionas: I'm 99% sure I'm patched, but I'll doublecheck again. I've been watching the backlash of the security holes, yeah.
      Deletion is in and -should- be working. It's accessible through your profile.

@Abigail: Line spacing is going to be fixed next CSS push. Takes a bit longer than a quick edit, since I have to precompile the CSS and minify it to make speed times this quick.

@Selthis: Quotation marks fixed. Small oversight when setting up my html filter. I'll go through the mysql db and update the stuff already in manually. I'll change the font colour in the comment box in a few minutes - Catching up on some other stuff now. It'll likely get done around the time I remove the mod comment checkbox you guys aren't supposed to be seeing.

Thanks again for all the feedback. It's all helpful and I'm loving fixing this up.
  • I've just never liked Ruby, in any incarnation. I was forced to use jRuby for a while on a project, with disastrous results to those around me.

tl;dr: Lionas is an opinionated ass, news at 11.
  • I'm personally desperately in need of learning it. I actually really like how it works.. Certainly so far the multiple paradigmatic nature of it goes. Sure, there are alternatives, but RoR is not as popular as it is for no reason ;)
  • " fixed, line spacing fixed, textarea text colour changed to black.
  • Spacing is much better now, thank you.
  • I think once you get the ansi log stuff added, you'll have something that will take over nogfx.  Especially if it stays responsive. 

If I might ask, how do you plan on underwriting the cost of hosting etc?  Can we expect ads soon or something like that? (If they are unobtrusive text ads, I'll whitelist you on adblock)
  • I don't have to wait 10 minutes for a page to load, anymore. What?
    I'm gonna post a test log in a little while just to see if it likes the logs Cmud and Mudlet are giving me.
  • @Dicene: If the CMud logs are HTML, it'll like them. Working on plaintext and ansi as we speak.

@Selthis: I despise ads with a passion. The server costs 20 a month, so I can handle it for the most part, but if you look at the footer, there is a disabled donate link where people will (once I set it up) be able to contribute if they wish. That's the most that there will ever be.
  • @fetaera Just noticed that on the submit pages, all the boxes have that same light grey font color that was in the comment box. 
  • You know, if you happened to use perl instead of ruby, ansi support would be done by now!
    Ok, Ok, I'm done.
  • edited February 2013
    Eusto said:
    Lionas said:
    You know, if you happened to use perl instead of ruby, ansi support would be done by now!
    Ok, Ok, I'm done.

<Posted Image>
  • I applaud your creativity, but I cannot up vote an image macro of any kind on principle.
  • As per requested by a few people here, ANSI logs will now work, and the colour tags will be converted to HTML (this does include backgrounds).

@Selthis: Changed the colouring on the input, textarea, and select boxes site-wide. Should be fixed now.

Also, I am aware of the issue with certain logs getting extra linebreaks. Working to figure out how to fix this, and I know what causes it, but I'm at a loss on how to fix it, so I'll sleep on it tonight and hit it fresh in the morning.
  • So I put up a test at http://logsty.com/logs/l7KUZ of me testing just colors and stuff. That's using Cmud with Log ANSI Color and Log MXP/HTML on. Everything is fine except for it reading both CRLF's and <br />. My "Mana Gain:" and "Mana Lost" are showing as black, but I looked in the log and they're saved as "color: black" so that's a problem with Cmud it looks like. I also tried out a Mudlet log using HTML and it looked great. I would also look into adding Copy Paste log submission so you can just copy something straight from your client, but that's not anything major. Website looks/works great and I might donate when I've got some spare change. Keep up the good work!
  • News Item:

The Logsty blog is now up, and there's a new announcement post for Logsty (which includes a lot of interesting statistics) for those who care to read it.

Post: http://blog.logsty.com/blog/2013/three-months-whole-lot-fish/
    Blog: http://blog.logsty.com/