Skip to content

Client Pics

edited February 2013 in General Discussion
Basically, I'm very curious what other people see when they play. How your channel capture looks. Any status windows. Map capping. Buttons/gauges. Especially what font/size people use. Doesn't matter what client. Doesn't matter how plain or how extravagant and over-the-top, I wanna see it. Here's mine:
http://i47.tinypic.com/34od83c.jpg

Edit: This layout if very much a work in progress, specifically the status window. I'm hoping to have a lot more information contained and will likely be changing the battle log significantly.

Comments

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
  • edited February 2013
    Oh yeah. Fear my amazing interface.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited February 2013
    derp. doublepost.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited February 2013
    To be fair, this is my broken ass dk system, from back when I wasn't intelligent, and I only use it for bashing. When I go back summoner, I'll put my nicer one up.

edited February 2013
    I like how Khizan has LoL open.

E: And how Fazlee redacted Eathi's tells.
  • Man your clients are so pretty. Especially yours @Dicene .

Really makes me want to learn how to code some of those fancy things.

Good job all.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/34rhwfa.jpg - Aeon layout. The has aeon message blinks.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/21eosa1.jpg - Death layout. The white stuff blinks. There is similarly a halfway marker that is white and blinks 3.5 in.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/15qrs78.jpg - Golgotha layout. My status window updates when the effect expires, and when I can resummon, and displays mind or body on whoever I put it on.

Almost everything but target standing blinks, if it is white. I wanted to just post the images right in, but four is a really long post I'm not comfortable making, and spoiler tags aren't working for me.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Menoch said:

E: And how Fazlee redacted Eathi's tells.
    The tells involved some passwords (which by now aren't even valid anymore...)
    I was imagining dirty jokes. I'm sticking with what I thought before.
  • edited February 2013

I use a custom colour scheme that, IMO, makes it way easier to see some of the darker colours, and makes dark yellow actually brown. Also, I'm far too cool to have separate windows.

• Iluv, your map looks like you're summoning a demon through your screen.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Nexus all the way.
  • Stepping up this thread. Also post your battle stations here.

The walls are a bit bare since curtains used to hang there but I've ordered a Blade Runner poster to fill it up.
  • Iluv, your recording equipment makes me jelly.
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    edited March 2013

Three separate miniconsoles on the right - first is chat, obviously, second holds all of my echoes of every kind(clear alot of clutter from the main window), third is a work in progress. Status window of sorts. At the moment, it shows what kai attacks I can do, if numbess is on, it counts down with a visible timer, same with banish(banish is hidden unless it's currently counting), mana drains, how much mana is draining compared to how much I'm regaining, and if kainet is on. Since kainet is a stupid drain and doesn't tick the same as the rest.
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    edited April 2013

Did quite a large update to my tracking and whatnot recently. Thought I'd post an updated picture and gather some thoughts. Most of the stuff in the status window is self-explanatory, aside maybe from the tracking method bit. It has two settings - count and calculate. If it's on calculate, it calculates and sets their break point at the bruises message if I don't know it, and checks to make sure it's counting right if I do know it. If it's on count, it just straight counts. I only really use count against people that break weird.
  • imageNo idea how this is going to format itself so here is hoping for the best. I'm brand new to Imperian so this snip is almost all imported and slightly modified from my Achaea gui. Upper right console is my chat box, not usually much to capture. Underneath is my don't really want to gag it, but don't want it on my main window yet type stuff.  The compass and gauges are cannibalized Vadi scripts from the mudlet forums. My next goal is probably a limbtracker gui and something graphical for what I'm wielding. Also I can't do without the static prompt in the bottom left, it removes half the spam from the screen. 
  • Static prompt isn't a bad idea...I'd still have have it below the main text though...I hate having to look off from a fight to look at something...That's why my clickable gui failed horribly as many people suggested it would.

• Anything that makes you take your hands off of the keyboard or your eyes off of the fight is a bad idea. 

• Khizan said:
    Anything that makes you take your hands off of the keyboard or your eyes off of the fight is a bad idea. 
    Yeah, some lessons just have to be taught the hard way :P

• edited April 2013
    My problem with anything being purely static is that it isn't there in your scrollback when you're trying to figure out why something happened. I want to be able to look back at my health/mana/balance/eq/target/etc at every moment in a fight to figure out why stuff did/didn't work, and make sure that my eyes aren't deceiving me and Juran is rolling 300+ damage combo's on me. Rest of it looks pretty good. As stated by above older people, you'll probably not want to look away from the fight at all, just because of how much spam you'll be trying to parse at once. I've got a new system set up to watch who is targeting who, what class they are, and if they're defending someone, and I've not used it once when the actual fighting was going down. It's just too far out of the way. I think that's part of why people suck so bad at changing targets. They're no good at looking at their chat capping window for a second to figure out what's up.

Best thing I've found to make combat any easier is to just make sure you have important things color coded and expanded to 3-line announcements. Eg.

***Mounted rider approaching!***

***        PIETY!!!        ***

Your spirit writhes in torment under the glare of the seraph.
    Risca picks up the corpse of Pellerin.

Above examples are all pretty hard to miss in combat. Just try and strike a balance when highlighting. Too much makes it just as unreadable as regular combat spam. Too little means you don't know what's important. Also, just looked back over the log of that shardfall. Caelya was stacked enough that had my stacks not been set to Basilisk Probe instead of Basilisk Brainmelt, I'd have microwaved her. =(

Edit: The formatting is a little stupid, but you get the point.
  • Not being able to look over a log of exactly what happened is a huge drawback I'll admit. Truthfully though, I stare at a monitor at work all day and my eyes aren't getting any younger either. I have to do whatever it takes to get that text scrolling by as slow as possible. Especially in group combat where if I don't have allies healing, smoking, the prompt, etc filtered off I would be totally lost in the spam
  • Well, it's still likely being logged if you're actually logging, it's just that it won't be in the scrollback for you to look at on your way to Dis.
  • Cmud apostate since 22 AM. What up, Mudlet.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    This is what I have now

• Ok now I understand why people say the UI is much nicer. If I could port my lua system over to that I'd probably switch.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    if you mean to cmud, it can do Lua too (I only have a handful of lua stuff, so not sure how well/terribly it handle bigger scripts).
    edited August 2013
    I have gauge buttons that dynamically fill and adjust their max totals for dk for limb counting. Pretty fun.

E: