Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Oh god. Gold.

• That is a rather adorable bird.

• Euden has been hacked to death by a hidden trap on a small collections box.

whut?
  • There's a wonderful little collections box in the Church in Stavenn. It wants you to donate, but if you try to open it, it spits out a trap that causes bleeding+damage. It has been killing noobs for forever.

Also, I like to picture that the trap is secretly Cyrax from Mortal Kombat and it's a giant SAWBLADE that it uses to impale people.
  • There's a wonderful little collections box in the Church in Stavenn. It wants you to donate, but if you try to open it, it spits out a trap that causes bleeding+damage. It has been killing noobs for forever.

Also, I like to picture that the trap is secretly Cyrax from Mortal Kombat and it's a giant SAWBLADE that it uses to impale people.
    Never accidentally opened that but managed to stay alive and not embarrass myself over Deathsight? *cough*
  • (Cavalcade): Selthis says, "No, just a long string of emote failures."

And we want this guy to publish a book? He can't even mud sex.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013

A twin-headed festering crane gazes deep into your eyes, and you scream as your mind begins to feel as if it is on fire!
    Damage Taken: 92 psychic (raw damage: 128)

A twin-headed festering crane darts forward with its two heads and pecks at you violently.
    Damage Taken: 35 blunt (raw damage: 100)
    Your concentration ruined, you stop unearthing the shard.
    Equilibrium Taken: 1.05s

What the hell is with this crane? This is just fowl.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    The Kraken enters pk:

With a lightning-quick motion, Selthis slashes Caelya with a Souledge Sabre.
    With a lightning-quick motion, Selthis slashes Caelya with a Souledge Sabre.

Lightning-quick, Selthis jabs Caelya's left leg with a Souledge Sabre.

Caelya's left leg trembles slightly under the blow.

At this point. I stopped hitting Caelya and started hitting princess pindart.
    Important fact: I was using razeslash.

Selthis slashes into Caelya's left leg with a Souledge Sabre.
    The attack rebounds back onto Selthis!

Selthis's left leg trembles slightly under the blow.

You notice several bruises forming on Caelya's left leg.

You notice several bruises forming on Selthis's left leg.

Deciding that razing is for the birds, toxins are for wimps, and pk is hard, Selthis develops a new strategy.

Selthis raises a Souledge Sabre over his head and begins to swing it in a wide circle, gaining speed as he goes.

Selthis ceases the whirling of his weapon over his head. (<--balls)

Then I went back to hitting Caelya. He stopped rebounding. 

• edited February 2013
    Selthis said:
    I am the best around.
    Nothing's ever gonna keep you down! (Because twistring)
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Ahkan said:
    A twin-headed festering crane darts forward with its two heads and pecks at you violently.
    Damage Taken: 35 blunt (raw damage: 100)
    Your concentration ruined, you stop unearthing the shard.
    Equilibrium Taken: 1.05s

What the hell is with this crane? This is just fowl.
    Doduo used Fury Attack!

It's super-effective!
  • (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Ziat."
    20:59 460/460 450/460 1986 1990 db eb 0
    (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Ferriter."
    (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Sumie."
    (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Aulani."
    (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Cassius."
    (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Shaylei."
    (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Zachariah."
    (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Artix."
    (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Macie."
    (Ring): Juran says, "Entered Area: Mathiaus."

‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Quit bringing so many people to our 4v4s and we'll quit bringing so many to the shardfall!
  • Gurn said:
    Quit bringing so many people to our 4v4s and we'll quit bringing so many to the shardfall!
    We had a 2v2 against you and Ziat, when you were beating us it was entirely cool. As soon as we won one, you came back with Mathaius to make it a 3v2. We brought Susser to make it a 3v3 and you brought Sumie to make  it a 4v3.

If anyone is to blame for escalating, it's you. But regardless, I'm having a blast.
  • edited February 2013
    We brought people because we were getting tired of fighting and I needed to go eat lunch.

Now my noodles are soggy and I'm hungry and been fighting for I don't know how many hours, tweaking and changing my system on the fly to compensate for different things.

Best Imperian day for a long time. Thanks for making the day fun!

P.S. Your perma-writhe BBT can go DIAF. >=(

EDIT: We actually brought both Mathiaus and Sumie the first time around in an attempt to drive you off for good. That didn't work.
  • edited February 2013
    Bathan said:
    ringspam

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Ziat has shown me the light that mage isn't as terribly off as Abigal makes it to be.
  • Mathiaus said:
    Ziat has shown me the light that mage isn't as terribly off as Abigal makes it to be.
    Of course it isn't.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Mage remains one of, if not the most powerful PvP support classes in the game, but Imperian is a game where every class has to be good at 1v1 and have unique kill methods or else ohmygod class needs rework before malignist!1111.

‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Well every class does need to be viable in 1v1. Should they have their strengths/weaknesses against other classes? Sure, but they shouldn't be horrible against 80% of the professions out there. That in my mind constitutes a redesign. Which I'm sure you'd agree on.

• Delrayne said:
    Well every class does need to be viable in 1v1. Should they have their strengths/weaknesses against other classes? Sure, but they shouldn't be horrible against 80% of the professions out there. That in my mind constitutes a redesign. Which I'm sure you'd agree on.
    Sure, but the posited defense against claims that the class is still fine in teams and etc is that the user didn't 'like' pushing the button that makes the class very good in teams.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • It's important to remember that combat viability isn't the only metric for weighing a class, either. It also needs to be fun to play. That in itself will motivate at least one future revamp.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Disagree! To quote Shukron, "You must think this game is for your enjoyment."
  • Azefel said:

Disagree!

To quote Shukron, "You must think this game is for your enjoyment."

You just wait, bro. You just wait.
  • Sarrius said:
    Sure, but the posited defense against claims that the class is still fine in teams and etc is that the user didn't 'like' pushing the button that makes the class very good in teams.

Retardation has actually lost a fairly large amount of its effectiveness in teams due to the fact that Magick now has far more combo classes than it used to, each of which requires retardation-specific offensive coding to avoid things like "flaring without DSL constantly".

Combine that with the fact that, against AM, you're competing against teams where virtually everybody has DSL/qjab/twinshot/pummel/kaicripple/etc, and it is VERY VERY easy to end up in a situation where you've limited your team to single claw/staff/voice attacks while your opponents are railing you with damaging double afflictors and heavy CC.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• A few mages have been very effective against team AM in the past few days. "Fun to play" it might not be, but it can apparently still be quite good.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    The better argument is that Anti-magick is quite dumb.

Or better...when retardation eats the trip command, the pindown command and you're left with one standing crescentcut. The wheels on the bus go...crash :(