Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    So. I've played Imperian for a year. I have never once thought about drinking iodine. :/
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    So. I've played Imperian for a year. I have never once thought about drinking iodine. :/
    Well I tried a few others lol - that's just the only one without an awkward name I could remember in my inventory! :P /a little lazy
    (Only if we keep voting!)
  • I don't see a particular use for that functionality, since self-harm exists, other than for forced actions. What is your intent behind the request?
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    I don't see a particular use for that functionality, since self-harm exists, other than for forced actions. What is your intent behind the request?
    Not seeing scrolls or anything that lists what each poison does, thought I'd try and buy? >.> Easier probably than asking someone about all of them(Considering Tahirah only knows like 3 people IG at any given time anyways lol) but yea.
  • Tahirah said:
    Eoghan said:
    I don't see a particular use for that functionality, since self-harm exists, other than for forced actions. What is your intent behind the request?
    Not seeing scrolls or anything that lists what each poison does, thought I'd try and buy? >.> Easier probably than asking someone about all of them(Considering Tahirah only knows like 3 people IG at any given time anyways lol) but yea.
    Since you already have the toxin, you can use selfharm (CONFIG SELFHARM ON) and hit yourself with a toxin-using attack. Self-harm allows you to strike yourself as long as you have been out of combat for 60 seconds.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Okey thnx!
  • Tahirah said:
    Sarrius said:
    Tahirah said:
    Drinking poisons should afflict you with whatever the poison is
    It used to, or at least I recall it doing so.
    H:99% M:100% < pp eb> XP:7.91 Time: Early morning drink iodine
    You gulp down the toxin iodine, wetting your palate.
    H:99% M:100% < pp eb> XP:7.91 Time: Early morning
    The best part of waking up is iodine in your cup!
  • I might be remembering the jingle wrong, but I'm pretty sure the best part of waking up was Killer Instinct's Fulgore in your cup.

‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • C-c-c-c-c-combo breaker.

• Tahirah said:
    Drinking poisons should afflict you with whatever the poison is
    The ability to blind yourself with aspartame without consuming a healing balance is the reason that this does not work like you think it should.

• Jeremy said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2566
    Date: 3/10/2014 at 21:35
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: New Artifact Pieces

We are changing up the wand promotion for this month into several new minor artifact items.

You will now receive three artifact pieces every 100 credits you purchase. At the 500 credit mark,
    you will get an additional three.

These artifact pieces can be used to construct several new minor artifacts or traded to other
    players. We have created five new artifact crowns, cloaks, anklets, and horns. They have a variety
    of  cosmetic effects. They are detailed at the bottom of HELP ARTIFACT PIECES.

I have also created a utility command ASSEMBLE LIST that will let you manage the pieces you have.
    This include pieces from the phylacteries.

Penned by my hand on the 11th of Tenebrae, in the year 42 AM.

First, wanna say that I think it's awesome that you guys responded to our feedback so quickly and were willing to change up the promotion mid-month.

However.... is there any chance of us getting something like a PROMO DISASSEMBLE <wand> command to get a random 3 pieces for each wand we own if we bought credits already? After the response the wands got on the forums, I don't think I would ever be able to bring myself to use one, and I'm sitting on a small stack of them that I can only tradein for 1 credit apiece. Something that let us swap them out for this replacement promo would be really great.
  • Kalon said:
    First, wanna say that I think it's awesome that you guys responded to our feedback so quickly and were willing to change up the promotion mid-month.

However.... is there any chance of us getting something like a PROMO DISASSEMBLE <wand> command to get a random 3 pieces for each wand we own if we bought credits already? After the response the wands got on the forums, I don't think I would ever be able to bring myself to use one, and I'm sitting on a small stack of them that I can only tradein for 1 credit apiece. Something that let us swap them out for this replacement promo would be really great.
    Jeremy is on it.
  • Eoghan said:

Jeremy is on it.

Jeremy said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2567
    Date: 3/10/2014 at 23:01
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Wand Turn Ins

For those of you not interested in torturing people with the transformation wands. You can turn them
    in for three artifact pieces.

Just enter - PROMO TRANSFORM <wand>

Penned by my hand on the 12th of Tenebrae, in the year 42 AM.

Pretty awesome turn around time, if I do say so.
  • Juran said:
    The ability to blind yourself with aspartame without consuming a healing balance is the reason that this does not work like you think it should.

Wait, hang on, we have aspartame in the game?

Wait, hang on, this stuff blinds you?

At some point, I seriously question how afflictions and the toxins used to give them are thought up. Do they just go on a random wikipedia page or something?
  • God, it's better than they used to be. Toxins used to be venoms and were based off of flowers. I'm pretty sure someone found a website of 'toxins' and transposed them. It's...wrong. :( I just ignore it.
  • The best thing is that the flower "venoms" were secreted by snakes and milked into vials, just to add another layer of wtf to it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Ahkan said:
    God, it's better than they used to be. Toxins used to be venoms and were based off of flowers. I'm pretty sure someone found a website of 'toxins' and transposed them. It's...wrong. :( I just ignore it.

I had a project once, back a couple years, where I was transcribing the actual effect of the toxin and the Imperian effect. I was going into it expecting interesting revelations on how they came up with these effects. I gave up after doing five because it was clear that no one had even glanced at what anything did. 
  • As I understand it, the names of the Predator toxins were done by Malkav and he picked them out randomly from any wikipedia article that contained the word 'poison' for any reason.
  • Juran said:
    As I understand it, the names of the Predator toxins were done by Malkav and he picked them out randomly from any wikipedia article that contained the word 'poison' for any reason.
    Psilocybin always struck me as a mental toxin name, not a morphing toxin that random changes your chemistry.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    We should get a toxicologist/scientist to write up a proper list. Anyone up to the challenge?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited March 2014
    No.

Edit: Go find a copy of Casarett and Doulls, flip to the index and have a field day. Or, wikipedia's not a terrible start.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    botulinum would be the best toxin
  • How do we synthesize aspartame and can we use it for a low calorie sugar replacement so people will stop calling Gurn fat? :(
  • Just stab them all with regular Imperian aspartame and they won't be able to see your fatness.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Please let me do "AB SKILLNAME RANKS" for every skill in the game. There's no reason to disallow it, and it's frustrating not to be able to just tell a lowbie of another class "Oh, you're going to want to learn to ~Capable 35%" or whatever without having to hope you have access to updated helpfiles.

• Khizan said:
    Please let me do "AB SKILLNAME RANKS" for every skill in the game. There's no reason to disallow it, and it's frustrating not to be able to just tell a lowbie of another class "Oh, you're going to want to learn to ~Capable 35%" or whatever without having to hope you have access to updated helpfiles.
    Done - let us know if any problems occur with this feature.
  • With promos like we currently have, it would be nice if we could get a 'safe' trading feature. I don't know exactly how feasible that is, but it would be pretty amazing if we could do something like "Trade (an artifact corgi) to Ahkan for (a better artifact corgi)".

I would also settle for a trading post, where I could list artifact pieces or tokens for trade and say exactly what I want in return, be it credits, a familiar, another artifact piece, whatever.  That would make it easier to track down pieces you need due to someone being a vastly different timezone than you.
  • I mean, the safety of trading credits for pieces is the time old Token Fraud rule. If you try any funny business, @Jesse will hunt you down and destroy you.

I do agree with the whole post though.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited March 2014
    I'd like to improve my gaming experience by having Aleutia not trade me a lesser corgi for a greater corgi after convincing me my corgi has a flaw in it. :( Totally natural, see.

• edited March 2014
    I would love if AB <skillname> FULL showed how many lessons I need to get the skill next to it. Eg:

AB NEWBLORE FULL
    You possess the following abilities in Newblore:
    Newbie     Inept       0%
    Newbier    Novice     25%
    Nebiest    Virtuoso    5%  (250 lessons)

I know that you can see how many lessons you have to the next skill during learning sessions and you can math it all out, but it would be really nice if that sort of info was easily accessible. Maybe steal the charts the other IREs have for HELP SKILLRANKS as well.