Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    Broadswords babeh.

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited February 2014
    Can we please get the help customization file updated? It does not list everything that is free for customizations. Also the rule seems to be arbitrary and I have become frustrated with several rejections lately that follow the only rule listed. (The appearance length is also 45 characters now instead of the 35 listed.)

From Help Customizations:
    What other rules are there?
    When describing your item, it must still be the same item. A longsword must still be a longsword. It cannot be a broom or anything else. If your descriptions do not follow this rule, they will be rejected.

A three-headed hound is still a hound (and was rejected) while a five-legged hound is still a hound. (and was accepted)

If there are other hidden rules, it would be nice to know so that I don't waste my time designing things that will not be accepted. If someone could take the time to update the help file or even explain the reasoning to me. I would appreciate it.

Edit: I also think Summoners should have something to customize. :(
  • Sorry for the confusion regarding customisations. I edited the help file to indicate the new appearance length of 45 characters in one location, but neglected to adjust it in the other. That has been fixed, and I've also added to the rule on appropriate descriptions.

Slight mutations to naturally occurring beasts are acceptable (as in the case of a five-legged hound), but a three-headed cerberus (and the hound in question was specifically described as "cerberus") just went a little bit too far.

As I exclusively handle all customisation approvals and rejections, if you have any questions regarding specific acceptability on any of your proposed customisations, please feel free to ask me in-game by sending me a message or e-mailing me at jesse@imperian.com. I'll be happy to discuss any of your ideas with you.
  • edited February 2014
    You still didn't update the list of items that can be customized. This is the full list. (I believe. If I have forgotten any someone feel free to correct it.) Most new players are surprised and excited when they find out they can customize their companion and I think it is a good plus for the game.

Druid - Golem
    Bard - Songbird
    Hunter - Basilisk
    Runeguard - Fullplate, kestrel
    Renegade - Cobra
    Mage - Crystal

Monk - None
    Predator - Wolf, Hawk, Bear, Spider
    Priest - Seraph
    Templar - Fullplate, Falcon
    Outrider - Wyrm
    Amazon - None
    Ranger - None
    Wardancer -None

Assassin - Cobra
    Summoner - None
    Wytch - None
    Deathknight - Fullplate, Hound
    Defiler - Treant, Hound
    Diabolist - Ouroboros

I'll be sure to send a message in the future if people request things that are slightly different. In a world full of magick, demons and powerful entities, everyone wants something special, after all.

Edit: Thanks @Aleutia
  • After the last round of classleads, ouroboros are customizable.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Summoner pathfinder should be customizable.
    We were talking about giving Wytches hellcats.
  • edited February 2014
    Crystalbinding crystals are not customizable at this time. Otherwise, your list looks complete.

Help customization should now contain the complete list.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    Crystalbinding crystals are not customizable at this time. Otherwise, your list looks complete.

Are you sure? Because Argentum has his customized to be amethyst. @Eoghan
  • Aulani said:
    Eoghan said:

Are you sure? Because Argentum has his customized to be amethyst. @Eoghan
    I should have been more specific. It is possible to customize crystalbinding crystals, but it is not free to do so; it currently carries the standard customization cost of 50 credits.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Aulani said;
    Edit: I also think Summoners should have something to customize. :(
    You can customize your doppleganger!

Syntax: DESCRIBE SELF <examined description>

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• target nothing::displace left arm
    That action is too complex for your poor little brain to handle, and you decide to just stare vacantly 
    instead.
    You will now displace toward your target's left arm.

This shouldn't happen or what I would rather see is limb targetting becoming inline, like toxins

• Stupidity has already been nerfed to the point of being basically irrelevant.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    You know that meteor item you guys sold;
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.240]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.243]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.246]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.249]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.252]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.255]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.257]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.260]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.263]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.266]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.268]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.271]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.274]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.277]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.280]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.283]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.285]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.288]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    [24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.291]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    That's just one person.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Stupidity essentially became a proc amnesia. I messaged as much to Garryn in the beta. I know it didn't make for fun combat, but all I can say is that as a newbie, hitting stupidity made me go, "Whoa, wth, this game is awesome. These afflictions do something." The only proc I 100% did not like was it doing 'Unenemy all'
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I remember the old days of it forcing city enemying and shutting off channels

• Iniar said:
    You know that meteor item you guys sold;

[24/02/2014 - 11:26:42.291]: In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming meteor streaking towards the ground.
    That's just one person.
    I am all for excess and mental images of bathing the world in fire while laughing maniacally - Why throw one star/meteor when I can throw 19 ? Why are we even having this discussion?!
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • It's fun when it's a group of people with call meteor spamming it all the time.

• Star scales off int, iirc. The artifact doesn't.

Stupidity wasn't a big deal until some dipshit put retarded commands in there like 'remove armor', 'remove pants' (I have a feeling this was mouth breather Kialae), touch shield. The emotes weren't too bad, but the rest of that could actually cost you a fight to a random proc you had 0 control over. 
  • Keep the Der.... thing though, I always feel smart when someone sends that to me in a tell.  

I never saw the remove pants thing as a problem, who actually wears pants?

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2014
    I liked it. :( Right now it's just amnesia-ish. Was always fun watching someone yell out stupid things. That's right, that is a manifestation of, you guessed it, 'stupidity'. :(

E: Gonna start yelling 'Uh doi!' in fights now, just for giggles.
  • We could always just make a new affliction called Tourettes. 

• What I see happening is Iniar pking as Ron Weasely. Next up, Iniar yells "uh doi" and spends the next 3 days spitting frogs into a bucket.

• Ahkan said:
    Star scales off int, iirc. The artifact doesn't.

Stupidity wasn't a big deal until some dipshit put retarded commands in there like 'remove armor', 'remove pants' (I have a feeling this was mouth breather Kialae), touch shield. The emotes weren't too bad, but the rest of that could actually cost you a fight to a random proc you had 0 control over. 

Removing armor and pants weren't bad at all because they were utterly trivial to handle. The message was always the same and you could handle it with a straight linear trigger. "You remove a set of totally awesome chainmail" -> "wear chainmail | wear chainmail | wear chainmail | wear chainmail | wear chainmail". Bam. This should have cost you maybe one fight, after which you should have said "Oh, I should write a standard linear trigger to almost completely nullify that effect." Pants were exactly the same except for the part where it was a 100% cosmetic effect(that I didn't mind much; Aulani removing her pants while bashing always amused me).

The emotes were the awful part, because they made it so that it was possible to check for masked stupidity, but you had to trigger every emote in the game and then you had to set the system up so that you could authorize certain emotes as legitimate emotes as opposed to "oh crap I'm stupid" messages so blinking wouldn't eat orphine. It was easy to do and relatively trivial, because each trigger was basically just "if (!authorized_emote) {stupidity = 1}", but it was a colossal pain in the ass to do it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    It's happening.

^You are afflicted with (.*)\.$

if matches[2] == "stupidity" then send("yell uh doi") end
  • Don't think this buys you a built-in excuse the next time you do something facepalm-worthy in battle!
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2014
    Please for the love of god.

Your right arm becomes functional again, no longer a mere stump.

Can this happen when I change away from Defiler, please? Not: You cannot do that while your right arm is a branch. while I'm a Summoner.

e: Also, because we had 6 Change Monos... 'warp', 'You cannot do that while your right arm is a branch.' Lol @ arm.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    peer in spyglass distant
    You cannot do that while your right arm is a branch.

Worst. Affliction. Ever.
  • Haha, it's one of those things, I totally understand the limitation of a tree arm. But, ffs, there are so many qol mechanics that having a branched arm knocks you out of. It's pretty retarded. I can understand a lot of the pvp applicable stuff, but the rest of it...get out.

It's been a complaint since the change dropped. It's probably on the same priority list as:
    The soulstorm classlead (Classlead 124)
    Outrider pets losing balance steal
    Hecate classlead

Them's the bricks.