Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Juran said:
    http://www.imperian.com/forum/whyte-ruined-game

This 2006 thread is a goldmine of amazing quotes in retrospect.
    That's a blast from the past. A lot of 'older' names and good memories. On that note. I heart Hursh. 
  • The big problem with Whytebot was that, back in those days, you could legit win a real fight with nothing but tipslash or standing ccuts and the only thing preventing terrible people from doing that was that they couldn't heal their way out of a wet paper sack. When healing went universal and you couldn't lock Lorccan in 3 crappy broadsword DSLs anymore, that stuff got ridiculous very quickly.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• That's not really too dissimilar from the fundamental behind every AM offense.
  • I was more amused at the Chicken Little act than anything, really. It was a much smaller minority when Garryn debuted autocuring as opposed to Whytebot.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited January 2014
    People always assume the worse. Take you. You're like a self-fulfilling chicken little. The end is nigh! Wait, the end isn't nigh? Well damnit, I will make it look like the end is nigh! CRUEL LAMENT, hoooooo.  

Internet populations are pretty resistant to change. Global healing would (and did) shift the 'power' around the game by making l33t sawce healing available to everyone. They're not 'wrong' for wanting to keep generalized healing down, just selfish. A lot of the arguments and predictions weren't too far from the mark either, so at least they were logically thinking things out. The best part is seeing how some people's opinions have changed as they've aged and the game has changed. It's more fun to look at that that snipe people for 7 year old opinions. At least their opinions progressed
  • edited January 2014
    I heart being back and finally having time to breathe. There's something about graduating, having a wedding, and moving cross-country in 3 weeks that tends to drive one a little crazy.

I also feel like I missed a lot, so I guess that belongs more in I Hate, but eh.

Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"

• Nyrohi said:
    I heart my Jackals!
    I heart your avatar.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I heart breaking Kanthari's game with my RP. It's basically like:

‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Ski season
  • I don't think I've raved about this before, but I absolutely love, love, love plogs. They're amazing for tracking our guild's  advancement. No more number tallies and project editing! :D
  • I heart all the GLORY @Iniar, myself, @cassius and others brought demonic in this most recent shardfall.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited January 2014
    I heart @Bathan for leading us to said glory. FOR NARNIA!
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    edited January 2014
    Iniar said:
    Said glory to my first of what will be many @Bathan kills. Thanks for the fun! :)
  • What matters here is I cleaved Bathan randomly in the middle of a melee.

Now I'm only like 6 behind.

• Celestine said:
    Iniar said:
    Said glory to my first of what will be many @Bathan kills. Thanks for the fun! :)
    Yah, you took a surprising amount of punishment. Good game!

Septus said:

What matters here is I cleaved Bathan randomly in the middle of a melee.

Now I'm only like 6 behind.

You'll never catch up to me because you're useful in fights and I'm an outdated cleavebot!

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    @Kanthari update the God damn system
  • As you tentatively open the small box, it bursts into brilliant golden light that blinds you completely. As your vision slowly clears, a weak, quavering voice says, "I may be gone, Ario, but you shall take a piece of me with you..."
    You have been granted ..... and a gleaming phylactery.

Phylactery-ception.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited January 2014
    My Foreboding sub:

[EDEN] [F O R E B O D I N G] Shou

And all the ambience messages I'm now seeing coming through, i.e.;
    Though bereft of a stirring breeze, the branches of the redwoods overhead sway and clatter together in an eerie cacophony of noise. Blinking rapidly, you realize you must have been hallucinating.

Much <3
  • ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

• Home made chili and fresh baked bread in the middle of winter.

Mmm, yum.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    <3@Ladaia, @Ario, @Gireen, @Brishi, @Shou for giving us an entertaining hour - fighting over nothing, fighting really badly, fighting in new classes but fighting nonetheless. +1 to Ladaia for successfully implementing a new strategy mid-fight, Khizan, your protege is doing well.
  • This. Bill Murray AMA.