Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Khizan said:
    Septus said:
    That was an awesome shardfall.
    Would have been better if Fearless Leader hadn't run our last charge directly through Khandavan siege. :(
    I said it was my bad already! I was already kind of watching Breaking Bad by the end of it, so I didn't want to pay as much attention. 
  • Dicene said:
    OT: Anyone here have a mechanical keyboard. If yes, are they as awesome as I want them to be?
    Yes
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I can, however, tell you that if you play Starcraft and live in a place with other people, mechanical keyboards are a bad, bad idea.
  • Also if you start nerding out about what color your switches are or whatever, expect everyone to hate you because ain't no one gives a crap about that but you. 
  • Selthis said:
    Also if you start nerding out about what color your switches are or whatever, expect everyone to hate you because ain't no one gives a crap about that but you. 
    Brown switches are clearly superior; they're the perfect mix of buckle resistance with a nicely muted click-audible. Pure joy; when I hit the "J" key, I get notes of saffron, boiled leather, and sassafrass. It's a cheeky switch with pretensions to IBM Model M-class perfection.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Again, the learning changes and the removal of xp loss. <3@Jeremy, @Garryn.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Khizan said:
    Just one. When it comes to lightsabers, I'm a traditionalist.

Didn't want to resurrect the thread for these links, but uhm, @Khizan, I think you'll be able to enjoy your traditionalist approach in real life.
  • That last shardfall and the follow-up battle.

That constant barrage of masked slow-eq can REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED a bowl of  REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED, though.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• They use it to prove its broken!
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited October 2013

Khizan said:

That last shardfall and the follow-up battle.

That constant barrage of masked slow-eq can REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED a bowl of  REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED, though.

that's why I have 

^You feel a faint touch in the farthest recesses of your mind\.\nYou are afflicted with an unknown affliction\.

triggered to do 

#if (%regex(Septus,@tar) || @isenemy(Septus)) {autocuring queue add wormwood\\autocuring queue add laurel}

:(

• Yes, but "blindly add cures to the queue" isn't a great option in group fights where you're also getting other afflictions.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited October 2013
    You can spare the pipe cure, no big deal. (Daze shouldn't be what it is anyways). For the rest of them, stand/concentrate on masked afflictions will filter out paralysis and confusion. The only one left being retarded is stupidity. 

At the end of the day, monks don't need telepathy on taekate combinations because limb damage and kaido, monks are the bard of AM. It's unlikely zerg-o-tron would realize this because a) golden egg and b) don't fight them. The only justification was back in the day when monks weren't nearly as tanky, subject to metrazol/ciguatoxin and didn't have 33% break messages.

(Also, palmstrike and daze in the same profession) That's some mighty fine class lead bait.. AM is the king of 'why do you stall combat?' qqqqqq. And yet, both prominent monk 'fighters' spam palm strike and daze while building towards can't avoid this tri-bbt (<--timebomb)  :)

• I'll use what the class has available. Personally I think its incredibly boring for one v one fights, but its the king of group support so whatever.

Also, generalisations are bad. I don't have a palmstrike alias.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited October 2013
    Someone's really defensive for not having a palm strike alias!

If it makes you feel better, I don't consider you to be a prominent monk fighter. You're just passing through.
  • If you want to take it as being defensive, sure (it wasn't intended to be).

You're right about passing through though, I'm bored and its not even been a week. That said, if I'm being outdone by Ageranu as a prominent monk fighter I'm going to throw a tantrum. :(

• When I was monk, I was bored as crap. In teams I was the utility bot of all utility bots. In 1v1 it was really a foregone conclusion if I would win.
    -Dragon stance is the tank king of monk. Ozreas is just a whiner, ignore him.
    -I can kai banish my way out of trouble.
    -If you can't catharsis me, I'm going to kaido my way out of almost everything.
    -I can take my sweet, sweet time and set up your limbs for ultimate destruction. 
    -Surprisingly, intelligent kick boxer was just dumb. Ninjakicks. Oh you're shielded? Ninja chokes.

Monk is also heinously improved by min/maxing with artifacts. God, I can't imagine monk nowadays with all the buffs it's received (intentional and not)
    -Ciguatoxin nerf (more taekate?)
    -Metrazol nerf (more taekate?)
    -PMP (this was just dumb)
    -Pinch block (dumb with enfeeble)
    -intelligent statpack upgrade. I really can't see a reason not to be intellimonk.

All this being said, WHY DON'T OUR MALIGNISTS CATHARSIS. Like the american congress, you have one job to do. All things are secondary to this. How can you not do it?
  • Pretty much. Its pretty pointless to fight a monk one v one if they're able to count to 3.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited October 2013
    The possibility of runes and such becoming class related only.
  • Mathiaus said:
    You know how wardancers hit you for 300-400 damage? That's with 10-20% flat resist you'd be losing in bard.  Be careful what you wish for.

Instead of only approaching this with "let's tank the world on a class by class basis" why don't we pair this with "Why do this classes do so much damage with little to no setup?" Hit them all case by case.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Texas
    edited October 2013
    Ahkan said:
    Mathiaus said:
    You know how wardancers hit you for 300-400 damage? That's with 10-20% flat resist you'd be losing in bard.  Be careful what you wish for.

Instead of only approaching this with "let's tank the world on a class by class basis" why don't we pair this with "Why do this classes do so much damage with little to no setup?" Hit them all case by case.
    Quoted for truth and great justice. My one thought on this though is it actually makes balancing rune classes and the like much easier in the future because you don't have to consider about runes affecting other classes... which is a good thing. Ie, makes your case by case basis much more manageable. The issue isn't losing the defense of runes, it's why does a artidancer do so much everloving damage AFTER the defensive boot (and that much more before).
  • I'm not against removing runes. It should have been done a long time ago (instead of they have this dumb thing, give me a dumb thing too!). The problem is, in the age of tank, bad class leads were "this class can tank my damage, give me more damage!"

It's the same issue that AM ate 6 years of upgrades like a fat kid. Some classes were balanced around class defs + runes. You take runes out of the equation and they hit like meteors. Imagine druid without eartshield.
  • Oh, I don't disagree, and I think we're saying the same thing in different ways... in some ways, I kind of wish blessings would get hit in the same way as runes. Balancing buffs like that where you have to think about how it affects other classes is an exercise in silliness. Balance classes within themselves for things like that... it's messy enough having to balance each class thinking about the team mechanic... when you start having even more interplay with some of those buffs it gets close to impossible. I think about the days before affinity where some of the Khandavan Wardancers were able to roll around with runes.  @-)
  • All of magick just lost 10% resistance to fire, water, electric and magick (alchemy resistance rings) with no tweaks for our damage mitigation. I highly doubt after taking away runes they're going to give every class the extra str/con, damage resist and health regeneration (not to mention gebu/geboon armour.), which not only affects combat but hunting. I have to have hope that it will be handled well. Though I'm very glad now that I made the decision to learn tattoos instead of runelore.

I do not look forward to this or switching to my squishy Hunter profession, but I'm so bored with Druid.

I heart that my daughter has the most adorable giggle. Just like everything else about her, it makes everything, -everything- worth it.
  • I heart my boss(es).

I heart all the RP ideas I've been getting while at work (even if I don't have time to log on and implement them).

Last of all, I heart whiskey. 

That is all.
  • Basketball pre-season tomorrow.

• Time for Derrick Rose to roll up and break his <anything>.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Man, that's a crazy long prompt.