Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• I'd like to be able to customize the sign outside my market stall and add a message that customers see when they type WARES - e.g. "Welcome to X, today lace blouses are on sale!"

• I'd love the option to just spend a customization token at a shop and purchase a pre-existing design for my artifact weapon.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I'd like to see some kind of "test" command to see stuff like balance times in a different statpack. Like if I wielded the weapon I want to test and did TEST <MOVE> AS <STATPACK> and it'd show me the balance times. 

There should be other situations where this would be nice to have too, like damage with different stats; TEST <MOVE> AS <STATPACK> <TARGET> or simply TEST <MOVE> WITH <AMOUNT> STR/INT <TARGET>.

Optionally have a special "arena" where you can switch professions, statpacks, grab artifacts and whatnot just to test things out. I'm sure that kind of thing would make people want to buy certain artifacts after trying them out in there ;)
  • You can rent artifacts in the Coliseum (and any city arena that bought it) for 1 credit each (but only during duels).
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'd like to see a better placement of room numbers showing up easier when a room's name appears. Not talking about it just showing up clientside either, having it show up easily in game, that way novices have a better idea where they need to path find to when we tell them certain places to go.
  • Oh right! I totally forgot about the artifact renting, that is really nice. I'd still love to see being able to switch profession and statpacks etc in the same way though. Sometimes you're just thinking about going something else but you're not sure because you haven't tried it out live yet and it's a big investment to switch. 
    Akumu said:
    Oh right! I totally forgot about the artifact renting, that is really nice. I'd still love to see being able to switch profession and statpacks etc in the same way though. Sometimes you're just thinking about going something else but you're not sure because you haven't tried it out live yet and it's a big investment to switch. 
    Go change aspect! Help us out!
  • Switched to Life the other day to buy some perks and switching back to Change as soon as I got the gold ;)
  • Akumu said:
    Oh right! I totally forgot about the artifact renting, that is really nice. I'd still love to see being able to switch profession and statpacks etc in the same way though. Sometimes you're just thinking about going something else but you're not sure because you haven't tried it out live yet and it's a big investment to switch. 
    For statpacks, attack timing is easy to figure out (10% increase/decrease per level of racial balance), which just leaves damage. The damage formulas are less straight-forward, but it isn't too difficult to approximate them.

That isn't to say that trying them out isn't helpful, just that it isn't strictly necessary.
  • Would it be possible to allow the 'junk monsters' (humgiis, Nils, etc.,) to devour multiple items of the same type at once? Something like GIVE 50 STONE TO NILS, which could read like 'Nils slowly chomps his way through a pile of items, finishing his meal with a hearty belch.' In order to prevent accidents, there could be a prompt that asks the player if they are sure if they want to give that many (more than one) items to the junk monster. 

• Custom Grouping:

I'm not sure if this is possible - but it is possible to create custom groups of items and assign an alias to them?

As an example: If I have 50 vials with a dragon design - can I create an alias to refer to them say 'dragonvial'.

Alternatively: If I have a suit of armor I wear as a knight and frequently change into a monk.. can I have a custom alias for 'knightarmor' to put on/ take off all knight armor?

• On the topic of artifact renting, I'd love a rent to own option -- there are some artifacts I want but will likely never get because it is hard to save up the 1000 credits for them. It would be cool if I could pay 1/5th of the price to rent it for a few days, and after doing that five times I'd get to keep it permanently.
  • If it was only inside the arena maybe. But outside, it would mean you would use the artifact, even if just for a few days, not paying the full cost.
  • We don't need a rent to own program. There's a built in mechanism called 'self control.'  Every month your iron elite ticks, don't spend it. Wait until 1000. Profit.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    I can see the Imperian repo truck sitting out front of a few homes now...
  • Lionas said:
    Since player crafted items had the length limit of the appearance increased, can the same be done with artifacts?

In fact, removing character limits entirely would make me happy - I'm paying to customize it, after all.
    Still this.
  • SHELF <shelf> DESIGNS is great.

I'd love to see it for Libations bars!
  • This is a pretty minor thing, but I'd like to see fullplate treated as artifact armor for resmithing purposes, or be just be able to reforge it in order to put the ingots towards a new suit.

It's really annoying when switching circles to be unable to resmith AM effects off my fullplate, but at the same time not be able reforge fullplate because it's fullplate.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I'd like to see the exits list start on its own line in the room description. The way it is now, where the exits only get their own line if there an object or NPC in the room makes the list jump back and forth so never really know where exactly to look for it.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited August 2013

A workaround I have been using is config roomdesc brief and a look alias (#alias blah #if {%1 {look %1} {ql}}). Now, there are still a handful of exceptions where the exit line still breaks but eh, generally works for now.
  • Azefel said:

A workaround I have been using is config roomdesc brief and a look alias (#alias blah #if {%1 {look %1} {ql}}). Now, there are still a handful of exceptions where the exit line still breaks but eh, generally works for now.
    Eh, I appreciate the response, but that handful of exceptions seems to be rooms that show weather, which is to say that the exit line is often printed after the weather, even with CONFIG ROOMDESC BRIEF.

Besides, giving the room exit line its own starting line eliminates the major problems with BRIEF and VERBOSE.  I say this, because I've been exploring new areas lately, and with VERBOSE on, I get a little bit more information to help me remember where I'm at.  With BRIEF on, I have to keep my own point of reference, which means remembering the path I took into an area more or less exactly.
  • Can we have these messages -

There are polls that you have not yet voted in.
    Type POLLS to see the list of polls that you may participate in.

- and the others like them moved to where the announcements show up?

My autocuring putting up defenses pushes it off my screen quickly and I don't always remember to scroll up to check. Especially if I am in a hurry.

Or have it show up at the bottom of CWHO or GWHO as well, as applicable.
  • Could we get a separator for target fields?

Something like : qjab orc''goblin''troll''ogre
  • target horde
    Dyrren said:
    Could we get a separator for target fields?

Something like : qjab orc''goblin''troll''ogre
    I would like this too for Iaat so I'm not having a big block of spam everytime we're multi-targeting.
  • Target creature for Iaat, though it can hit the poor non aggressive mutant rather then the craze equine
  • It targets based on order in IH.

I wouldn't mind multi targetting, provided it doesn't take time from something else.
  • Can we have quickdraw draw weapons even if we don't have both items in inventory?

Current quickdraw is like QUICKDRAW SABRE TOWER, so if you have sabre but no tower, it won't withdraw anything. Instead of that, can we have it withdraw the sabre and not the tower? Just a quality of life change so I can rely on quickdraw more rather then the usual unwield/wield