Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• edited January 2016

The token wriststrap that does the name-displaying thing for weapons doesn't actually function as a wriststrap for the purposes of preventing it from getting unwielded and such.

Could my artifact wriststrap please have wriststrap functionality? 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Could I get the ability to collar my kestrel, or maybe my guardian/golem?

Also, why can't I summon golem instead of guardian, or visa versa?

I submitted a bug on the kestrel, but I haven't done anything for the golem yet.

Thanks!

• SalikSalik Da Burgh
    I've got a simple QoL thing for us Wytchen people. Could we get the ability to SMUDGE RUNESTONE [Slot 1-4] like we can do on totems? That is all. Thank you!
  • I was trying to make a small system to parse the LOOK info from Seer's Eye and Dopple Look into a list of people in a room. It's significantly more difficult than it should be. Any chance we could have those sorts of skills send a gmcp.Room block like using the actual LOOK command does? Wouldn't really grant any additional information, would just make it 100x easier to access.
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited January 2016
    Dicene said:
    I was trying to make a small system to parse the LOOK info from Seer's Eye and Dopple Look into a list of people in a room. It's significantly more difficult than it should be. Any chance we could have those sorts of skills send a gmcp.Room block like using the actual LOOK command does? Wouldn't really grant any additional information, would just make it 100x easier to access.
    The large drawback to this is that GMCP Room.Info includes vnums/onums, and that information cannot be gained from range without parsing through GMCP. The general idea around balancing subnegotiated packets has always been not to force people into coding, it should all be information otherwise transparent to the client.
  • A "transcribe" command or something to copy the contents of text A (be it in a library, inventory,  or on the ground) into a word container of your choice, assuming the size matches up.
  • Kabaal said:
    A "transcribe" command or something to copy the contents of text A (be it in a library, inventory,  or on the ground) into a word container of your choice, assuming the size matches up.
    If I remember right, that's a skill in artistry for bards.
  • Juran said:
    Dicene said:
    I was trying to make a small system to parse the LOOK info from Seer's Eye and Dopple Look into a list of people in a room. It's significantly more difficult than it should be. Any chance we could have those sorts of skills send a gmcp.Room block like using the actual LOOK command does? Wouldn't really grant any additional information, would just make it 100x easier to access.
    The large drawback to this is that GMCP Room.Info includes vnums/onums, and that information cannot be gained from range without parsing through GMCP. The general idea around balancing subnegotiated packets has always been not to force people into coding, it should all be information otherwise transparent to the client.
    Valid point. Alternatively, just send gmcp.Room.Players with those commands. Then it's truly not granting additional information.
  • @Garryn Any chance you could allow us to change our own classleads to public after submission. Since the public/anonymous tag should have 0 impact on your decision to approval/reject classleads, I don't see where this would cause any problems.
  • Can we modify the Templar novice intro to do Devotion up to hands, Chivalry to weathering, and everything else in Weaponmastery?  That is what my circle considers optimum to start with.  Right now they are learning more Chivalry than our guys would recommend.  
  • Dicene said:
    Juran said:
    Dicene said:
    Valid point. Alternatively, just send gmcp.Room.Players with those commands. Then it's truly not granting additional information.
    Possibly, I couldn't tell you without research how much information GMCP gives over LOOK by default. Hidden players? Bypassing mimicry?
  • In my experience, it basically reflects the same info you see in WHO HERE. Hidden people are only shown if you have lifevision, etc.
  • Can artifact list owned be only artifacts with an actual value with perhaps the exception of auction artifacts?

Can there just be a 'promotion list owned' which doesn't include familiars since there is already a "familiar list" command?

• Similar GMCP question though, would it be possible to have "Room.Players" populate on WHO HERE? I expect a lot of people are already doing string processing to capture player names with that command over LOOK, as it's less spammy.
  • Juran said:
    Similar GMCP question though, would it be possible to have "Room.Players" populate on WHO HERE? I expect a lot of people are already doing string processing to capture player names with that command over LOOK, as it's less spammy.
    I thought gmcp.Room.Players already updated on WHO HERE? You just don't see people on WHO HERE  / 
    gmcp.Room.Players that you can't otherwise see (hidden, etc.).

Also it is pretty easy to iterate over the list that WHO HERE outputs and gag it so you only return names in a single line or whatever.
  • artifact power extract whitesight from goggles18773
    You cannot remove the powers from that item.

artifact power extract keeneye from goggles10014
    You cannot remove the powers from that item.
    Because of this, I am currently wearing one pair of spectacles and two pairs of goggles and this really bothers me more than it should. Could I please extract powers from these artifacts? I can understand not being able to BUY the powers from token artifacts via the artifact power system, but I'd really like to be REMOVE them from the artifacts once I've purchased them.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• The problem is non-trivial to fix because token wares and purchasable artifacts existing in separate databases.  It could happen at some point, but it's not nearly as easy as other things.  

The other problem is you can sell your artifact powers item for credits.  Token wares break the credit calculation because of their non-credit value. 
  • I dunno if this has come up yet, but I'd like to say that you shouldn't be able to hide the Champion bone yards and shrines inside cities since it's kinda antithetical to the conflict based nature of those items.
  • Boneyards cannot be built in cities or org-owned areas.  There's a lot of places that boneyards can't be built actually.  

• Dec said:
    Boneyards cannot be built in cities or org-owned areas.  There's a lot of places that boneyards can't be built actually.  
    Erm, i meant the room outside of the city that siege still covers, that just seems kinda lame to cover it with siege.
  • One thing that I would love to see, and I may be missing where I can do this in game, would be the option to config colour balance and config colour elixirbalance, rather than having them both be the same color.
  • Dec said:
    The problem is non-trivial to fix because token wares and purchasable artifacts existing in separate databases.  It could happen at some point, but it's not nearly as easy as other things.  

The other problem is you can sell your artifact powers item for credits.  Token wares break the credit calculation because of their non-credit value. 
    Could you make those things into necklaces or rings or amulets or something, then? My problem with goggles is just that today I was wearing a monocle, two pairs of glasses, and two pairs of goggles, and that's sort of ridiculous. I consolidated powers down to one pair of glasses and two pairs of goggles, but that's still sort of ridiculous.

• Khizan said:
    Dec said:
    The problem is non-trivial to fix because token wares and purchasable artifacts existing in separate databases.  It could happen at some point, but it's not nearly as easy as other things.  

Could you make those things into necklaces or rings or amulets or something, then? My problem with goggles is just that today I was wearing a monocle, two pairs of glasses, and two pairs of goggles, and that's sort of ridiculous. I consolidated powers down to one pair of glasses and two pairs of goggles, but that's still sort of ridiculous.
    Have an option to combine token wares powers separate from artifact powers? A bit redundant, but should bypass the database problem between tokens and artifacts?

• Please let me as trade minister (and preferably the trade ministry aides too) be able to do the Barnack farm figurine quest for each town! Considering the fact that our population can be pretty sparse already and a lot of people don't join towns because they view them as pointless, it's sometimes not even possible to find someone on who is also a member of that particular town to get the figurine. This means I usually have to resort to harassing people to do it, which I frankly dislike doing, or just go without, which isn't efficient. Let me be efficient! Pretty please?

I take art commissions on request! Visit my website for commission info and more art!
  • Caelbrook said:
    Please let me as trade minister (and preferably the trade ministry aides too) be able to do the Barnack farm figurine quest for each town! Considering the fact that our population can be pretty sparse already and a lot of people don't join towns because they view them as pointless, it's sometimes not even possible to find someone on who is also a member of that particular town to get the figurine. This means I usually have to resort to harassing people to do it, which I frankly dislike doing, or just go without, which isn't efficient. Let me be efficient! Pretty please?

I'll look into this. I might not have time to look today, but I'll try to get in on it tomorrow. 
  • Honestly, can we just scrap the whole trade/towne system? 

There just are not enough players to make townes work. We're averaging 50ish players online lately, and that's not even two citizens per towne. Turn them into combat objectives or something.

• Khizan said:

Honestly, can we just scrap the whole trade/towne system? 

There just are not enough players to make townes work. We're averaging 50ish players online lately, and that's not even two citizens per towne. Turn them into combat objectives or something.

Maybe something like making the townes give citizens of the city they belong to minor (probably -very- minor) bonuses, like marginally increased healing, damage, resistances, or a good amount of free xp, or free blood/virtue/spirit Drops or other comms, for in game months that you keep the towne secured from the other circles or when you fortify existing defenses or some such. The bonuses would probably have to be citywide (or even circlewide), or else people would just join the towne with the best bonus and they others would be neglected. Townes still have player housing, and unless the number of city houses is bolstered, I doubt that portion of the playerbase would want their townes to be a permanent battlefield, but something that was a daily one off could be neat.

There's certainly far better ideas than mine, but I'm curious too if there could be changes to make townes relevant again.
  • I was in a towne that was relevant when its Governor cared. **

If you want a revamp then go revamp something.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • We've been trying to turn townes into combat objectives, but nobody wants to come play with us.