Skip to content

The Early Signs and Symptoms of Imperian Addiction

IniarIniar Australia
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Recently discovered a few.

1) Nearly signing my character name at work.
2) Everytime I write 'sc' at work, I think 'swiftcurse!' :(
3) Waking up at 0400h to play with the American crowd.
4) Being excited sleeping early to wake up at 0400h for reason 3.

E: Do share, so I know what to look out for :P
wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

Comments

• I've been guilty of walking into a shop in real life and thinking, WHO DO I ASK FOR WARES?

:<
    Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"
  • Finding problems in real life and thinking "I should bug this, this should be fixed" 
  • Having an "Imperian" folder on your hard drive with every file sorted and labeled like so:

Antioch - Constitution
    Antioch - Shops and Homes
    Designs - Metalworking

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania

There's a church thing with the name Antioch on their sign outside in the city I live by and I went in one time, found a group of people, told them they were dirty anti-magickers, received very dirty and confused looks, and walked away saying long live magick.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm a very, very odd person.

• Committing to memory any part of Imperian's history and lore and comparing it to real life situations. 

• When you dream you are bashing and wake up seriously pissed off because you just died.
  • When you finally get a smartphone and the very first thing you're asking about and trying to figure out is not a protective case, not a new background, not how the internet works, not the camera, not the GPS, but how you can finally play Imperian any damn place you want to.

I hope my grades don't go down because of this.
  • Two shameful words: Imperian fanfiction.
  • Guys, come on. It's not a thread about fan fiction until we talk about how Khandava MURDERED MY WHOLE FAMILY AUUGGGGH
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • You're terrible at haggling. I was going to start at glittery high fives, but you're already offering glittery hugs. DONE AND DONE.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    When explaining to other people the most annoying thing about crawlers, it's not the nigh permanent blackout, the room throwing, the teaming, or the double masked affs, not even the 400 raw blunt prone attack...

It's having to re-order your hound to rat after disloyalty sticks for more than a few seconds :[
  • Gurn said:
    Having Imperian files being the only thing that you care so much about that you've backed up onto three separate hard drives, two different computers, two different USB drives, plus online backups.

Honestly it's all I care about on my computer. All my imperian files. You just reminded me I need to back all of mine up before something horrible happens. 

I have an entire playable system on my droid razr m through blowtorch that can hunt, track rebounding and shield, set variables accordingly for pk, and maintain an efficient line of toast messages and notifications to show what is going on during hunting and combat. Might be a sign.
  • CHAPTER 14, page 214:

"What supple hands, Taqja, please, go lower."

• Bathan said:
    CHAPTER 14, page 214:

"What supple hands, Taqja, please, go lower."

Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"
  • I promise you it's an old Raptor Jesus reference, and not something malicious!

• CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    Lalitana said:
    Having an "Imperian" folder on your hard drive with every file sorted and labeled like so:

Antioch - Constitution
    Antioch - Shops and Homes
    Designs - Metalworking

Oh my god. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I'm more like a Child-Pugh C now but recently;

a) Making my idler check for:-
    Khandava: - strokes a bloody woodling absentmindedly with his free hand as he scrawls a symbol of Arctar at his feet.
    vs. Stavenn: - grabs a street urchin running past him by the jacket with spindly, long fingers. Snarling, he lifts the boy up and rips out his jugular, blood spraying in all directions and onto Iniar's shoes.

Then wondering if I should do a check for 'Urban' vs. not urban environments

b) Using chopsticks and thinking 'I wonder what Azefel uses for splinters'.

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    At this point if Dropbox, Google drive and my computer decide to die at once, at least half the PK playerbase has a copy of my system I can get :(
  • Phylacteries. Too many phylacteries.

• When you dream a dream about Imperian and it is entirely in text within mudlet's client.
  • When you wish you could SHADOWBIND ME WITH PROJECTION to the front of the line in the store >.<
    I dreamt about touching a weapon and being afflicted with asthma and cyanide while green and red text floated before my eyes.
  • This doesn't sound like an Imperian dream. Sounds like an unconscious suggestion to go to a doctor.
  • VivianneVivianne Atlanta, GA
    edited March 2014
    Dreaming in text, typing qw and score at work or just about anywhere for that matter. Thinking if I could just give some people the evileye...