Skip to content

Combat Questions

13»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Khizan said:

Druids do have groves. They're just not combat relevant.

/nitpick

They're not combat staples, is really what I mean. They do have some of the old goodies, though - like Gate, which I miss for random, awfully telegraphed ganks. :(

Also:

Chlorr said:
    I'd love to start and dive right in if it didn't cost $70 to get started on class skills, maybe at the end of summer break. Thanks for all the info though, and I will probably continue to ask questions anyway.

Sarrius: I did look at Serpents, and was told that their doublestab is roughly 2.7/2.8 seconds, and they can't use illusions off balance, of which have a 2.8 second eq time anyway, and with rebounding coming up every 6 seconds that makes it horrible to fight as one, or so I thought at a first glance.
    A lot of classes are absolutely different in Imperian. It's why a lot of people are going to tell you that you know pretty much nothing. We tried the 'Assassin have illusions' schtick for a long while and it 'worked' (and that is a very loose use of the word), but the removal of illusions allowed us to introduce server-side curing. Moreover, Illusions were kind of antiquated and relied on tricking systems in awkward ways (or very abusable ways, in the case of aeon or writhe illusions in Whyte's) - something that rewards you for research outside of combat, for sure, but restricts the power and flexibility or potential changes to the class. The way Spatium is set up, along with the new toys Hypnosis has as compared to Serpents in Achaea (double suggest, mostly), absolute obviates the need for illusions and makes the class more interesting by a long shot anyways.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Assassin is a very strong class. Whilst illusions can not be used in combos, that doesn't matter - illusions play no part in their offense anymore. You might think doublestab is slow however when used in conjunction with spatium skills such as shadowplant one very quickly overwhelms all healing balances whilst sticking the important afflictions. This is further emphasized by the power of hypnosis. I played Assassin when they could only implant a single suggestion at a time (they can now implant two) and I still found it to be very strong 1v1 and also useful in teams. The power of garrote combined with worm choke is nothing something to scoff it nor is the utility the class brings with their amazing and diverse skillsets.

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Dear god they can xfix and do massive prone+hinder damage as asphyx... as to why our assassins don't track prone and paralyse and focus on an xfix for some adorable little dk to impale+dsb with, no one will ever know
  • If you remember, you had a certain Sab rolling transfixed all day, and this was back when xfix blocked outrifting. Plus, if you choose to do something other than garrote/choke, you can attach volcano and keep the target engulfed so DK isn't dealing with aura, or you can blizzard(piety) for extra holding goodness. When people start targetting you early because you can xfix so fast, start going in phased and starting with a backstab(ignores aura and shield).
  • Engulf delivering fire damage to the DK isn't funny though.
  • In my opinion, infirmities feel fine to me. They're not too hard to get nor too easy.