Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Anyone remember how to search shops with weaponprobe up? It gives that little nifty readout of all of an item type that you search for. I cannot, for the life of me, remember or can I find it.
  • Are you thinking of weaponlist?

WEAPONLIST <thing> SHOP

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Yes. Thank you <3
  • What's it like to play Imperian without stupid amounts of latency?

Also, in this day and age, why don't basic level routers for big name companies work consistently? I can't imagine that it's that hard to put together a $50 router that doesn't need powercycled every other hour.

sigh
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    my computer IS my router :(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can a thread be stickied?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:

Can a thread be stickied?

Not exactly, in the traditional sense. We can make it an Announcement, which is sorta the same except probably different in some way that will make me look silly.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Thanks
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited June 2013
    After coming from a long time in Achaea, I always think 'WTF' when I read the forums, because the 'Agree' face resembles the Achaean forum 'Disagree' face... x:

I'm blind, I know. :<
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited July 2013

With a lightning-quick motion, Septus slashes you with a blackened steel sabre.
    Damage Taken: 39 cutting, physical (raw damage: 63)
    The idea of eating or drinking is repulsive to you.
    You are afflicted with anorexia.
    Terror takes hold, as a numb sensation overcomes your body.
    You flex your muscles and drive off the effects of paralysis.
    H:267 M:454 XP:97.95 <eb b> [Iluv] HP:63 MP:81 [Not-Healing]
    A living daegger comes racing in towards Iluv, stopping unnaturally quickly to land in his grasp.
    Septus takes a drink from a Vial of Perpetuity.
    You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Septus.
    Your wounds cause you to bleed 8 health.
    H:259 M:454 XP:97.95 <eb b> [Iluv] HP:61 MP:81 [Not-Healing]
    The paralysis of your muscles prevents you from doing that.

So I'm confused, was I supposed to have paralysis after that message?

• Mathiaus said:

The idea of eating or drinking is repulsive to you.
    You are afflicted with anorexia.
    Terror takes hold, as a numb sensation overcomes your body.
    You flex your muscles and drive off the effects of paralysis.
    A living daegger comes racing in towards Iluv, stopping unnaturally quickly to land in his grasp.
    Septus takes a drink from a Vial of Perpetuity.
    You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Septus.
    Your wounds cause you to bleed 8 health.
    H:259 M:454 XP:97.95 <eb b> [Iluv] HP:61 MP:81 [Not-Healing]
    The paralysis of your muscles prevents you from doing that.

So I'm confused, was I supposed to have paralysis after that message?

You had it before and the immunity message triggered anyways on an overlap.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited July 2013
    I recently got a Galaxy S4(yay, first smartphone ever!), and want to be able to play Imperian on it. Would it be possible to somehow import my AL Client or Cmud stuff, or will I be having to do something else?
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    I haven't yet found an app I ever did more than bash with, and the most stable one I last used was Blowtorch.
  • Same here. Have Blowtorch on my S3 and it's about all I expect on a phone. It did surprise me when I was able to keep up with a 10-10 obelisk fight once over 3G. It lagged less than my laptop does running Cmud. =( Regardless, I was able to code a simple basher on Blowtorch that would clear a single room of a single target. Had some hiccups, and I paid attention to it expecting to die to stupid things a lot, but it worked well enough, which surprised me.
  • Able to import code that I write on my computer somehow, or will I be writing it on the phone?
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Excellent question, I just wrote mine in the phone because it was pretty simple.
  • Why'd @Azefel get forum jailed?

Lol. (Didn't just realise, just never bothered to find out >.>)
  • probably because the forums can't handle 'foul language'.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited July 2013
    It wasn't simply foul language, it was player abuse. The player in question is irrelevant, it doesn't belong on the forums.

Edit: It was perceived as player abuse, at any rate.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited July 2013
    I love Azefel, he's the best. That being said, Azefel uses profanity like Jackson Pollock uses paint. Sadly, some people on this forum are both easily buttheart and out of control hypocritical. On one hand they're eff bomb your mother and your dog and on the other they'll complain that you used potty words at recess like a bad boy.

Player abuse is sort of a grey area, also prone to the aforementioned hypocrisy. Case in point: see above. I'm pretty sure Azefel is guilty as charged, because I've seen Mr. Mango fly off the handle. The forums will be a less bright place (and vastly less informative) than they were before. I miss u bb, @Azefel.

I think it's important to mention that being called on your:
    -Bad information
    -Fallacious anecdotal evidence
    -Bad behavior
    -Terrible logic
    -Whining

Is not player abuse. (It may be unrelated to the situation at hand, this just needed clearing up.)
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited July 2013
    Clarification of a problem is -always- off topic. Guilty party off the port bow.
  • So, I've tried playing Imperian on and off multiple times before. For the longest time, I've been a fan of the rogue classes here (while Assassin and Renegade were fairly stock for IRE, I really dug Predators). And with the introduction of Spatium and less reliance on Illusions for the prior two,I find them to be more interesting and unique as well.

Allow me to say I dig the idea that choosing a class in the tutorial auto-guilds and citizens you, but I'm kind of wondering why in the hell choosing Assassin puts you in the Noctusari and Stavenn, when the Saboteur guild is strictly for Assassin class and located in Khandava. Are there big plans to revamp the general theme and whatnot of the Saboteurs, or are they being deleted altogether? I'm just kind of curious as to the reasoning behind it.

If this post is a bit incoherent, I apologise. I'm kind of far out in the left field of tired.
  • @Baalath, it picks a guild with your class choice then puts you in the city that guild belongs to. There is no plans to delete the Sabs. 
  • edited July 2013
    The intro currently throws you in a random guild that houses the profession.

Edit:
    Beaten by Svorai :<
  • Until I get my computer, I'm sort of relegated to Imperian by phone. Anyone have any recommendations on a good app I can least use to bash and socialize?
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I think Mathiaus uses blowtorch or something like that.
  • Blowtorch definitely. Its a great app and easy to use, plus doesn't lag
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    It uses java class patterns for everything, so it's easy to code, like:

Trigger: (.+) eats a cake.

Ack:.target $1;st t $1
    Toast:$1 ate a cake!

Alias:(they are the variables of blowtorch for some reason)target=something

Then it just finds the word target and uses it wherever, like kill target;trip target etc.

I even have a healer where it looks something likelike:

Hp:([5,4,3,2,1[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0]]) (or something like that, can't remember at the moment)

Given, you can't do if statements, but there are always ways to work around that, especially with the command:

.variable string_word
  • edited July 2013
    Another good question to ask: When is @Menoch going to learn the definition of 'Off-topic' ?

probably when he learns to not rage IG, but figured I'd ask anyway.