Skip to content

What made you come back?

In the spirit of the similarly titled thread "What made you stay?" I thought I'd make this, purely because I've 'quit' from the game several times, only to return. In fact, I've just recently started playing again and I am having a great time in Stavenn.

I don't know whether it was a stubborn refusal to let my monetary investment go to waste, or seeing old faces come back and bring a fountain of memories with them, but I like to think it was the latter.

So for those of you who have left Imperian only to return: What made you come back?

Comments

• I got bored of Lusternia.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • PK, Coding, RP, People, Memories ;)
  • My playing is seasonal these days.  Whenever it is too hot or the biting, sucking, stinging insects get too numerous, or when it is too cold for fishing or backpacking, i'm pounding away on the keyboard, mindlessly bashing away all my time in Imperian...
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited July 2013
    I logged in and the org of the place that introduced me to high fantasy RP was dead. I had the time.

Elaboration Edit: My first experiences were being tricked into licking someone who was a fantastic RP'er (and at the time badass combatant) by my character's uncle, then getting the vivisection message and experiencing RP racism. I was just so impressed, and even though in reality racism is of course vile, in a fictional setting it showed me -exactly- how unique and diverse one can be in writing. I would say that Imperian helped me become a better writer, in a creative sense. The follow up RP of atonement for my transgression and all that followed was just marvelous, and captivating. I saw that for whatever reasons, that wasn't happening anymore in this place, and I am glad that there are so many people willing to log in regularly and play with me in this place, to bring that feeling back. It'll never be the same as back then of course, (c'est la vie), because of the most profound and awesome thing about Imperian, which is that the dynamic player driven storyline is ever in a state of flux, and as to where we all go with one another over this next decade, no one can say.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I've dedicated a lot of work into Mathiaus and feel out of place when I don't use the character I've dumped time and money into a great deal. Plus there's just a certain rush with PK I get here that I don't in any other game.
  • Needed something free(or cheap) to occupy massive amounts of time while I was unemployed. Imperian eats time like [Olanre joke here].

Also, I missed coding stuff.
  • This about sums up why I come back to Imperian:

‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Well, I have not played for a very long time, probably around 2007. In fact I had forgotten most of my characters and ended up making an alt until one day I recalled one of them. Kind of odd to wake up almost 200 years old. So much has changed, not even sure if I can pick up where I left off. It's all a strange new world now but curiosity brought me back.
  • Luthyr endlessly bugging my husband. That and my kids being a little older and less needy.