Skip to content

New Artifacts Wishlist

Comments

• I love the crystehl whetstone, but it really is too slow for an artifact. Could the balance on it speed up and/or take less uses to sharpen fully?
  • A Scout/Soulsense artifact for mobiles would be pretty nice as an artifact.

Perhaps granting the track (find the direction to said mobile) skill, too.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    A custom postal delivery.
  • Mathiaus said:
    A custom postal delivery.
    You can already customize post offices - HELP POSTOFFICE CUSTOMISATION
    You just need to own a house.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    The Null Signet
    When you WAVE SIGNET AT <target>, this signet nullifies all the effects and traces of artifacts (excepting vials and pipes) on the person for six seconds. This comes at a cost, however, and all your artifacts are similarly nullified. Each cast of the signet expends one charge, and the signet may only hold three charges. The signet can be charged to capacity once per real life day with a single red shard. 

Avasyu's Blanket
    When you THROW BLANKET OVER <target>, this blanket will remove the mindseye, hypersight, third eye, lifevision and quince defence. 
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Make the blanket cure fire, and pause shyness and sun allergy, too. Just for lulz.
  • That blanket is no more than a minor annoyance... at least the wands, while annoying, have a practical use. this is just like lol burn a usage on a tatt and a couple herbs. I mean sure in combat it could make things slightly easier for the user but still stupid.

Halo of Mind
    Gives owner a 25% bonus to gained exp similar to iron elite bonus so it stacks with other bonuses. Maybe multiple levels 5% 10% 25%

Pickpocket's gloves
    Basically an artifact version of Boon of Change for slight crit improvement and gold drops.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited June 2013
    My original thought for the blanket was:

Cures all freezing ailments, bestows caloric defence, and fills satiation to maximum. If however, the target is an enemy, it also strips quince, insomnia, metawake, puts the target to sleep and causes blackout for 3-5 seconds.

It was (as Zarim mindreads) a lulz idea. (I mean, how can something called Avasyu's blanket not be warm and snuggly?)
    :D
  • ORB OF COMPULSION

BING <target>

This artifact sends that loud BING noise from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life to alert the player in question that you are in fact ready to roleplay and they need to stop being AFK.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Plaques of Bragging - Allows you to mount the head of a mobile you've killed and can attach it to a room.
  • qhonours player
  • Allow us to buy phylacteries for five tokens or some such amount.
  • Five token O_o ummmm... about that im not going to chance getting 5- 100 credit value with 160 credits worth of tokens. No offense intended @Alesud just abit pricey don't you think?
  • Devim said:
    Five token O_o ummmm... about that im not going to chance getting 5- 100 credit value with 160 credits worth of tokens. No offense intended @Alesud just abit pricey don't you think?
    I'll rephrase for her: how about Phylactery 1.0, instead of the cheap cracker jack boxes we got this last time?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Phylacteries didn't change much in overall value.  I've consistently came out ahead.  Giftbags and everything else here suck, but  phylacteries have consistently been good returns.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm not saying phylacteries aren't amazing, I love them, just that the highest ive gotten out of the like 12 that ive had is 100 credit value. I know I've seen someone pull a lvl1 weapon token which is what 350 credit value... just saying from my experience paying 160 credit value for a long shot of increasing value isn't worth it to me... maybe 1-3 tokens i would go for though that is still a reasonable gamble only saying 1 because i am a cheap ass and don't want to shell out my precious tokens...
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA

Devim said:
    I'm not saying phylacteries aren't amazing, I love them, just that the highest ive gotten out of the like 12 that ive had is 100 credit value. I know I've seen someone pull a lvl1 weapon token which is what 350 credit value... just saying from my experience paying 160 credit value for a long shot of increasing value isn't worth it to me... maybe 1-3 tokens i would go for though that is still a reasonable gamble only saying 1 because i am a cheap ass and don't want to shell out my precious tokens...
    Uh, that's the nature of RNG. I pulled a surcoat (spare at that point of course) out of my first phylactery, had a buttload of tokens or 5cr or otherwise worthless things, and then got something else expensive that I can't remember on the very -last- phylactery I ever used.

I just decided to call it quits there because while I am a 'gamblin' man' I am not immune to seeing the obvious sign that those were meant to be my first and last forays into the wonderful world of phylactery.

tldr - random is random
  • Phylacteries, on the whole, are the cheapest way to buy credits. Even discounting the large wins, I've consistently beaten the credits/dollar ratio on every purchase of them I've made.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Man. Where's that Enryk guy when we need him. There's so many posts in here for him to down vote for +1ing phylacteries.

• I say five because people might be less willing to spend 150 credits on an RNG "artifact". But tokens? A fair number of us get two free tokens a month, and if you then wanted to spend your credits to purchase other people's tokens because the risk would be worth it to you -- then you could. But it could also be something for people that have already purchased every token item (Aleutia, maybe?).
  • Alesud said:
    I say five because people might be less willing to spend 150 credits on an RNG "artifact". But tokens? A fair number of us get two free tokens a month, and if you then wanted to spend your credits to purchase other people's tokens because the risk would be worth it to you -- then you could. But it could also be something for people that have already purchased every token item (Aleutia, maybe?).
    I am proud to say I do not have an obnoxious pet training token.
    (Priya the pegasus screams OPULENCE as X enters from the $DIR!)
    Maybe I should rethink my stance...
  • edited June 2013
    Alesud said:
    I say five because people might be less willing to spend 150 credits on an RNG "artifact". But tokens? A fair number of us get two free tokens a month, and if you then wanted to spend your credits to purchase other people's tokens because the risk would be worth it to you -- then you could. But it could also be something for people that have already purchased every token item (Aleutia, maybe?).

A token has a hard value of 32 bound credits(trade for 2x soulstones, trade in soulstones), regardless of what they are selling for. 

So what you are actually suggesting is a cost of 160 credits per phylactery, not 150,

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• 160. My thought still stands.
  • No, it doesn't.

You say that people might not be willing to spend credits, but you don't seem to grasp the idea that a token is just a 32 pack of credits.

• Aleutia said:
    Alesud said:
    I am proud to say I do not have an obnoxious pet training token.
    (Priya the pegasus screams OPULENCE as X enters from the $DIR!)
    Maybe I should rethink my stance...
    I would give you my one token to make this screaming pegasus dream a reality.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited June 2013
    Never mind. You're right, as always, infallible Khizan, about what goes on in Suddy's dumb, dumb, little Asian head.

(I'm in the minority about how I perceive my tokens, apparently, even though I do actually grasp they're worth 32 credits if you want credits and not a token.)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    You're thinking supply and demand.

But this is more accurate for Tokens - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_exchange_rate

• Ahkan said:
    Man. Where's that Enryk guy when we need him. There's so many posts in here for him to down vote for +1ing phylacteries.

I haven't said anything against phylacteries (or even about them). 

You can relax your efforts though. I've already come to the conclusion that I don't think this community is for me, so there's no need to carry on with the bullying. It's not like Imperian needs new people willing to throw down money on the game, amirite?
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited June 2013
    Enryk said:

Ahkan said:
    Man. Where's that Enryk guy when we need him. There's so many posts in here for him to down vote for +1ing phylacteries.

I haven't said anything against phylacteries (or even about them). 

You can relax your efforts though. I've already come to the conclusion that I don't think this community is for me, so there's no need to carry on with the bullying. It's not like Imperian needs new people willing to throw down money on the game, amirite?
    @Enryk. Ah well, them's the ropes.You may want to hold off the expert critique of the game for a few weeks (probably months) wherever you end up. The players there probably won't openly call you out on some of the fallacies within your critique, which I guess makes us bullies. Phylacteries are still the bomb diggity. A part of me is sad to see you go, not for the paying customer bit, we've got that on lock down, but at least you were interested in story line and actually took people to task on it.

Vaya con dios. ( we don't have any more gods :( )