Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• I know there are some things that we would like to keep "Circle based" or "within townes." But it is mostly a case by case basis right now.
  • I'd like to see some more content in the game that actually provides reasons for a person to stay paying attention. Currently people are either bashing or killing each other while paying attention. Performing duties like talking to novices and city maintenance do require attention, however they largely detract from your options when it comes to interacting to others. Harvesting, shopkeeping, tradeskills, fishing and anything else you care to mention are largely individual activities that again, detract from your ability to interact with other people, either due to being hugely tedious (thus requiring distraction to make bearable) or time consuming and intricate (shopkeeping for example).

So, generally, I'd like to see some more reasons to keep people interested, concentrating and <i>enjoying</i> the game. I'd personally like to see some non-combat games, something like a basic strategy game, a basic management minigame or something that is a stricter RPG. There are many opportunities to add huge diversity into a text game, with hundreds of options available to the designers.

For a strategy game, we could uncover a link to another plane/dimension through which we can send limited instructions/materials but not safely travel ourselves, trading with the mercenary/merchant culture at the other end.

Similarly for a management minigame, there could be commodities that are only good for consumption and trading added to the game, (not affecting the current trade system to begin with (if at all)), these could be used to furnish players with unique items, perhaps starting with one theme and then expanding to others as the system takes off or is ignored.

For an RPG, we could have a turn-based game in which you explore a hidden area.. I'm hazy on why there would be a restriction on using your normal abilities, but we already saw something similar to this back with the Dream/Nightmare event a few years back.
  • We are slowly going through every area and every quest to improve them. Slow going though.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited June 2013
    Sarrius said:
    Probably some obscure quest whose operation is hindered by towne guards, city council siege, etc, because the administration isn't quick about changing these things - nor is there a precedent to do so (though there should be, at least for qhonors quests).
    Khandava is clearly the only organization that has a quest locked behind an enemy status! Conspiracy! Conspiracy!

(It isn't.) 
    -Khandava probably spent more time asking for the quests to be moved than certain people spent crying about it. That in and of itself is pretty impressive. 
  • I never said they were. You really ought to stop putting words in people's mouths. I'm sure Antioch or Kinsarmar have a few nonsense quests hidden in their townes or surrounding territories.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited June 2013
    Sarrius said:
    I never said they were. You really ought to stop putting words in people's mouths. I'm sure Antioch or Kinsarmar have a few nonsense quests hidden in their townes or surrounding territories.
    I didn't have to. Those people who weren't you already said (typed, technically) them. 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Cadeyrn said:
    For a strategy game, we could uncover a link to another plane/dimension through which we can send limited instructions/materials but not safely travel ourselves, trading with the mercenary/merchant culture at the other end.

I call dibs on Sukhder moon base. I'll trade with Sukhder's Minion.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • After I've cornered the market on moon cheese, I'll go after moon wine.
  • Eusto said:
    Ziat said:
    Make gold that you get from credit sale come in a letter like bounties. Putting them up and credits getting sold during a fight and you die.. well you get the point

Done.
    Thanks, nothing I love more then getting 54 letters, because everyone just decided to buy just one credit...and I loved being swarmed by the 54 birds delivering the letters. 
    All reality shudders as the voice of Jeremy thunders across the land, "It was Tadhg."
    All reality shudders as the voice of Jeremy thunders across the land, "I hate that guy."
  • @Cadeyrn We have plans for a very 'large' mini game where you can collect, trade, find, discover, and all of that. I am slowly working on a design document. It is fairly high on the todo list. Once it is nailed down @Eusto will be coding that bad boy.

Of course I am also working on a slew of new histories, adding features to the html client, redoing areas, beating volunteers, and all that stuff. So many cool things to do, so little time.

• Jeremy said:
    @Cadeyrn We have plans for a very 'large' mini game where you can collect, trade, find, discover, and all of that. I am slowly working on a design document. It is fairly high on the todo list. Once it is nailed down @Eusto will be coding that bad boy.
    I choose to believe we're getting pokemon and I'm excited.
  • Aleutia said:
    Jeremy said:
    @Cadeyrn We have plans for a very 'large' mini game where you can collect, trade, find, discover, and all of that. I am slowly working on a design document. It is fairly high on the todo list. Once it is nailed down @Eusto will be coding that bad boy.
    Oh my god ;-;

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Kanthari said:
    Aleutia said:
    Jeremy said:
    Oh my god ;-;
    You're going to be like, "Gotta catch them all." Our entity, pac-woman the fatty is going to be like, "gotta nom them all." Guess who is going to win?

• Ahkan said:
    Kanthari said:
    Aleutia said:
    Jeremy said:
    Oh my god ;-;
    You're going to be like, "Gotta catch them all." Our entity, pac-woman the fatty is going to be like, "gotta nom them all." Guess who is going to win?

Nooooooo. My eevee ;-;
  • Heh heh heh. I would kill myself if we did pokemon.

• edited June 2013
    Jeremy said:
    Heh heh heh. I would kill myself if we did pokemon.
    Those are fighting words, Buddy Jesus.

I'll bring my boys.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Nobody likes Dragonite anymore. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Nobody likes Dragonite anymore. :(
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Some interesting coincidences here.

;)

• I think I might end up broke, homeless and divorced.....
    Bathan said:

EDIT: OH MY GOD I WOULD GIVE YOU SO MUCH MONEY, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. :(

EDIT 2: YOU ALREADY HAVE LIKE 9000 CREATURES IN THE GAME, JUST CODE IN THE ABILITIES AHHHH

All reality shudders as the voice of Jeremy thunders across the land, "It was Tadhg."
    All reality shudders as the voice of Jeremy thunders across the land, "I hate that guy."
  • I already picked out a nice dumpster to live in behind Albertsons should this actually happen. I will be worse than Aleutia about this.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Bathan said:
    I already picked out a nice dumpster to live in behind Albertsons should this actually happen. I will be worse than Aleutia about this.
    THEM THAR'S FIGHT'N WORDS
    (Also Albertsons does some delightful fried chicken. I didn't know they were in business anymore!)
  • Bathan said:
    Honestly, something like Pokemon would be kind of awesome. You could basically make it like a combat system for those of us who did not get our C++ certifications and cannot currently code an offense, have ratings and everything. I'd come back to play that!

And, because you want my money, let me purchase a token that takes a type of Pokemon and let me customize it. I already have a battle pug in World of Warcraft. You can believe I'd drop a hundred bucks to be able to pal around with my battle pug in Imperian that was flagged as a standard 'critter' type.

The combat system would be fairly basic too, something in the vein of Fire Emblem. Axe is good against spear, but sword is better against axe along with some RNG factors so people could still have excuses to break their keyboards. Cherry on top? Yearly Tournament of Ages event. You spend all year training your team of Pokemon, fight on the GREATEST STAGE. Everyone loads up this on Youtube:

EDIT: OH MY GOD I WOULD GIVE YOU SO MUCH MONEY, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. :(

EDIT 2: YOU ALREADY HAVE LIKE 9000 CREATURES IN THE GAME, JUST CODE IN THE ABILITIES AHHHH
    I DO NOT SUPPORT FORCED ANIMAL FIGHTS. THINK OF THE POOR ANIMALS
  • edited June 2013
    My Wishlist:

• Working Ships and Naval Battles
    • Random Dungeons - That appear in random spots and have random level mobs inside that once completed provide a reward and seal off.
    • More Plots that require the use of diplomacy, intelligence and  RP, instead of KILL THIS
    • Raids - Imagine a random Boss appearing during a shardfall, not only is the circles fighting each other they are trying to fight this random boss, that will drop a large shard or something. But the boss fights like a player and you can use other abilities that you class provides. 
    • We got Engineering, I have been waiting since this came out for a Bomb/Flintlock Class!
    • Deal of the Month Artifact, on Token Wares. One Artifact that is like 25% Off the normal price or something, there is nothing on the Token Wares that I care about because if you add up the cost of a token costing about 30 credits, most items worth a damn are silly overpriced, IMO. 
    • Caanae to be worth something more then, just a Market Stall holding place, I mean it been there for at least 305 years, since I showed up there that long ago, I am sure we could create some event to make it worth some strategic value. 
    • Libations, the SHOPBAR help file being cleaned up to make more sense, the drink name to show up first instead of being cut off by what type of liquid it is, also a way to sell drinks in disposable cups like the taverns already do. 
    • The ability to purchase the old Taverns in the city, to run your own Tavern out of. 
    •  A way to set if we want our credits we sell on the market to show up instantly like it use to or a way to have it sent in letters. 
    • This one is kind of crazy, but something like Geocaches, I would want to explore more if I knew there was something like Geocaches. 
    I know some of you will not agree, which is awesome. That is what makes the diversity of the game so much fun. 

• "You can not boil more than 200 refills in one pot."

Alright, then why is my pot a bottomless pit for INPOT-ing purposes? If I can INPOT 1,600 plants into the pot, I should certainly be able to boil them.