Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• We do have engineering...it's bound to happen.
  • You can have jetpacks if I can use silk faille in a design.
  • Everything you make out of silk is fail, though. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

Everything you make out of silk is fail, though. :(

Eldreth loves my silk garments.
  • Oolala

• Just a question out of the blue-Approx how big do we figure a "room" in Imperian is? Maybe 100x100 feet? Something in that area? Workin on my house and I wanna do a couple things, and this information would be useful to me.
  • I think a room is as big as it needs to be.

• I always understood a "room" to be a given expanse within an area. Say, as far as they eye/senses can see in an outdoor location, if a particular feature didn't draw someone's attention (the difference between a meandering path through the woods and an altar in the woods). When it comes to writing house descriptions, the same thing fits, but more akin to the various parts of a house or building. IE an atrium, library, hallway leading to the great abyss etc.
  • Veratyr said:
    Just a question out of the blue-Approx how big do we figure a "room" in Imperian is? Maybe 100x100 feet? Something in that area? Workin on my house and I wanna do a couple things, and this information would be useful to me.
    When it comes to houses I have a personal preference for making the description suit the setting outside of the house - for example, not having "ancient ruins" or a jungle in the middle of a city. But other than that I'd agree that a room in a house is really whatever size it needs to be.
  • Well, thats actually what I was going for-A little front yard before you came into the structure itself. Thats why I was wondering what kind of size I had availible without really screwin things up.
  • Rooms are subjective. There is no set size. The size is whatever fits the description of the room.

• Is there a way to read or learn more of the existing cults - as shown on CULT LIST? Other than going up to the current leader and speak with him/her.
  • Draekor said:
    Is there a way to read or learn more of the existing cults - as shown on CULT LIST? Other than going up to the current leader and speak with him/her.
    While they're charters, you can see their description, but that goes away after they're approved. Garryn assures me there will be a way to view this in the future, but there isn't one now.

I just keep a clanhelp in a circle-wide clan, for now.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Thank you for the quick answer.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2012

With a lightning-quick motion, you slash yourself with a massive halberd.
    Damage Taken: 13 cutting, physical (raw damage: 32)
    You slash viciously into yourself with a massive halberd.
    Damage Taken: 13 cutting, physical (raw damage: 32)
    Halberd damage is 177.

With a lightning-quick motion, you slash yourself with a Souledge Sabre.
    Damage Taken: 23 cutting, physical (raw damage: 59)
    You swing a Souledge Sabre at yourself with a powerful strike.
    Damage Taken: 23 cutting, physical (raw damage: 59)
    Sabre damage is 90

Anyone else having this problem too? Yes. I have the proficiency.

• It is a two-handed weapon.
    Damage: 169  To-hit: 140  Speed: 125

You slash viciously into yourself with a bardiche.
    Damage Taken: 22 cutting, physical (raw damage: 29)
    You swing a bardiche at yourself with a powerful strike.
    Damage Taken: 22 cutting, physical (raw damage: 29)
    Balance Taken: 4.63s

It is a one-handed weapon.
    Damage: 86  To-hit: 172  Speed: 185

You swing a sea-worn sabre carved with runes at yourself with a powerful strike.
    Damage Taken: 38 cutting, physical (raw damage: 51)
    You slash viciously into yourself with a sea-worn sabre carved with runes.
    Damage Taken: 38 cutting, physical (raw damage: 51)
    Balance Taken: 3.43s

This is with my crappy bardiche and a cool looking sabre. I'm proficient in both.

• If I'd combat focus person A, would I then see if person B attempts to "instant kill" person X in my group or is that hidden from me since I combat focus on person A?
  • Combat focus allows you to see what you do, what your target does, and what other people attacking you do (as long as it's attack-related). The last time I used it, I'm fairly sure it blocked out -everything- else, including other characters entering and exiting and giving things to you, never mind characters killing other characters. As far as I know, no one really uses combat focus, probably because it's more trouble than it's worth. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

• I dunno if anyone else uses it but I certainly never would. Better to get used to becoming aware of everything happening around you then to block it all out.

• I am terrible at remembering to log, so I recognize this might be difficult to answer, but do runeguards have anything that allows them to bypass cutting resistance of some kind? During the last shardfall, Caelya was slashing me for something like 56 damage (around 85 raw iirc), then Risca up and hits me for 102 (109 raw) out of nowhere.

My first thought was sensitivity, as I had been hit with oxalis, but looking at it again I had cured sensitivity just prior to the dsl, and he re-afflicted me on the second slash of that particular dsl.
  • Knife etching allows a weapon to penetrate armour better.

• So, I could have sworn I read or was told but quite possibly I imagined that a mount trained to swim, when mounted, acts to give waterwalking.

Well, I have a horse, fully trained, and no dice. Mounted or following me, nada. Just get the "You must swim etc" message.

Was I wrong in the first place or do I need to do something else with the damn filly?
  • I've been told that you actually have to know how to teach them to swim in order for that effect to activate.

• Caelya said:
    I've been told that you actually have to know how to teach them to swim in order for that effect to activate.
    The swim skill is only 75% novice, though, so it's a very small investment to get the waterwalking benefit.
  • You have to have the MOUNT skill in Taming, so it requires more.
  • It's 300 lessons to learn to mount in taming, and that's the only way to get the waterwalking benefit from horses. Tho, if you're outside of magickland, the affinity hit for waterwalking boots is so small that it doesn't hit anything.
  • It's 300 lessons to learn to mount in taming, and that's the only way to get the waterwalking benefit from horses. Tho, if you're outside of magickland, the affinity hit for waterwalking boots is so small that it doesn't hit anything.
    Unless of course it is, oh, against the law to use waterwalking shoes.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited January 2013
    Sir, please step away from the horse and drop the bat. If you can't find ways to work around glorified puddles, you should probably not be leaving Antioch.

Edit: At least they didn't give your circle water-walk and then make it crappy profession specific. Trolololol.
  • Ahkan said:
    Sir, please step away from the horse and drop the bat. If you can't find ways to work around glorified puddles, you should probably not be leaving Antioch.

Edit: At least they didn't give your circle water-walk and then make it crappy profession specific. Trolololol.
    Yeah, I actually feel for you guys.

At least we get Waterwalking in Mobility!
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • So not really worth it for a newbie, betterbplaces to spend the levelling credits.

Since I'll have to stick in some pathing triggers anyway, anyone know what the speed bonus for using roadways is while I'm at it?