Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    You swing a nacreous Scepter of Protection and it flares with sudden power.
    Pellerin, riding a belligerent cinereal stallion, is suddenly dragged away into a distance.
    He is followed by a black kestrel with blue markings named Beldyn.
    Devim is suddenly dragged away into a distance.
    Cassius, riding a brilliant white Aorian stallion, is suddenly dragged away into a distance.
    He is followed by a noble kestrel.
    Icsellom is suddenly dragged away into a distance. He is followed by a green songbird with black wings, a sketch of a Bard, a sketch of a Hunter, and a sketch of a Runeguard.
    Mathiaus, riding a sturdy Dardanic mare, is suddenly dragged away into a distance. He is followed by a massive kestrel.

:D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Mage spoilers
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited May 2013
    starting and finishing a 60-page report in 2 days :D

@Azefel, I'm super jealous because I'm struggling through summer months on my thesis.
    Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited June 2013

Chelicrixkel makes a clumsy attempt to shadow you, but you spot him and force him back into the light.

Rookie mistakes.

• H:441/472 M:326/336 <e- db> T:19:17 D:100 X:93.02 -- Victor
    Damage Taken: 24 magickal (raw damage: 30)
    Justice is dealt out and Seraphyne's attack rebounds onto her.
    You have slain Seraphyne.

+++ TARGET IS DEAD +++

Having my life back on track.

The promotional chains. They stop twist ring!
  • Mathiaus said:
    The promotional chains. They stop twist ring!

"Alright, we created a dumb six billion credit artifact that lets people escape forever, and now we'll put in a neat single use item that counters it. JUST BUY AS MANY AS YOU FEEL YOU NEED. NOT MANDATORY AT ALL."

Although, in reality, I'm sure it's more an oversight than anything nefarious.

‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited June 2013

I'm going to be pushing for ring nerfs come the next classlead round. I got nerfs to Track, so I've got high hopes for this one, too. 

Specifically, my goal is to put a ~5 minute cooldown on the ring when it's used within ~1 minute of you taking a PvP attack. This will keep it as a get out of death free card, but it will cripple the ability to "twist out. heal. track back in. twist out. heal. track back in. repeat indefinitely."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited June 2013
    Man. I'd like the cool down to be longer. 5m is pretty much the cooldown between shard fall scrums (deaths, resets). Being able to dodge a death once every shard fall/team fight is amazing. No need to be able to dodge a death every 5m.

At the end of the day, it's a game built around PVP conflict. Artifacts, regardless of price, that allow people to escape combat without allowing their opponent a chance to deny them is bad. 
  • I am balancing my wants against my what-I-believe-I-can-gets when I say ~5 minutes. 

It's an expensive auction-only artifact purchase to avoid deaths, and so it's going to be a bit unbalanced and I very much doubt that I can get that changed.

What I think I can get changed, though, is Septus' "combo combo twist repeat" and Juran's "twist out heal up track in" shenanigans. A 5 minute cooldown should handle those fairly well without being a major nerf to the overall utility of the ring. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

I am balancing my wants against my what-I-believe-I-can-gets when I say ~5 minutes. 

It's an expensive auction-only artifact purchase to avoid deaths, and so it's going to be a bit unbalanced and I very much doubt that I can get that changed.

What I think I can get changed, though, is Septus' "combo combo twist repeat" and Juran's "twist out heal up track in" shenanigans. A 5 minute cooldown should handle those fairly well without being a major nerf to the overall utility of the ring. 

You take it back. They buy these things because they want to fight. Escaping combat = Fighting.

They shelled out entirely too much money for an overpowered artifact. They've gotten at least 365 days (or 3,4,5x that) of use out of their stupid toy. I don't really feel any kind of pity or remorse when people start suggesting legitimate nerfs to a broken toy. Back in the day when you could actually throw useful afflictions to inhibit people from moving, things weren't so bad. (Is anyone shocked at the origination of the nerf to ciguatoxin at this point?) Now, you can't stick affliction or metrazol long enough to stop the ring from working. The only way to lock it down now is to force 2-3 people to commit to ccing one target.

At this point, people have already realized how game changing the twist ring is. They've already laid down a balancing factor for something this game changing, so the precedent has been established(See: announce 2360 where it talks about scepters). The only thing we/they have to do is admit that the you can use the ring once, twice, three times a day and still get every penny out of your investment (Especially when our time scale is in terms of years). Pick the way you want to handle it. x number of twists per days. X number of minutes cooldown (higher than 5). There's honestly no easy way to stop it, so it's a guaranteed no death. That right there is return on investment. No need for it to be on tap 288 times a day.
  • Twist ring is overpowered, that's why its such a good credit generating artefact. Personally I'd not really mind limitations being put upon it (I'm sure it'll still retain its use in some capacity). I'd prefer a cooldown, just because I probably wouldn't have bought it if it was x per day, but that might just be me (and I am clearly biased  in this instance). My main objection to twist rings is its impossible to jump someone solo with one who isn't inclined to stick around to fight, but I'm likely in the minority there.

Idk where the disparaging (? maybe not, text tone is hard)comments about people with twist rings not wanting to fight comes from. Personally I got it because (as per the above), its a ridiculously huge advantage and drastically increases survivability in teams. Anyway, this should probably be in quotes, but since we're on the subject of chains:

The etheral chain glows and tugs, as it prevents your quarry from escaping.
    512/512h 484/543m 0e 0w bals:eb status:db arms: pp Kai: 0
    Autocuring disabled.
    512/512h 478/543m 0e 0w bals:eb status:db arms: pp Kai: 0
    You must dismount from what you are currently riding before you can mount anything else.
    Autocuring disabled.
    512/512h 489/543m 0e 0w bals:eb status:db arms: pp Kai: 0
    Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You spur your mount in a wide circle, building up momentum for a charge to the east.
    Balance Taken: 1.80s
    512/512h 489/543m 0e 0w bals:e- status:db arms: pp Kai: 0

Balance!
    You begin to swing a blackened steel sabre around your head in a wide circle as you prepare to charge to the east.
    Swinging a blackened steel sabre above your head, you lead your mount in a charge to the east.
    The shifting form of Kalon, Aspect of Moradeim enters from the east.
    He is followed by a mighty earth golem, an animated apple root, an animated birch root, and an animated willow root.
    Your foreboding stone glows, warning you that Kalon is nearby.
    Kalon, Aspect of Moradeim leaves to the southwest, a feeling of confusion leaving with him.
    He is followed by a mighty earth golem, an animated apple root, an animated birch root, and an animated willow root.
    Path nearing foothills. (road).
    A pile of rubble lies along the roadside. An animated birch root is curled here, swaying slightly. An animated apple root is curled here, swaying slightly. An animated willow root is curled here, swaying slightly. A mighty earth golem stands guard here. Kalon Shaolar is here, giving off a truly ghastly stench. He wields a sharpened quarterstaff in his hands.
    You see exits leading northeast, west, and northwest.
    Charging in, you give an exultant shout as you drive a blackened steel sabre through Kalon's neck, shearing through skin, tendon, artery, and bone, completely separating his head from his body.
    You have slain Kalon.
    The soul of Kalon Shaolar says, "Wait... what."

I did snigger.

• Septus said:

You spur your mount in a wide circle, building up momentum for a charge to the east.
    Balance Taken: 1.80s
    512/512h 489/543m 0e 0w bals:e- status:db arms: pp Kai: 0

Kalon, Aspect of Moradeim leaves to the southwest, a feeling of confusion leaving with him.

Charging in, you give an exultant shout as you drive a blackened steel sabre through Kalon's neck, shearing through skin, tendon, artery, and bone, completely separating his head from his body.
    You have slain Kalon.

The soul of Kalon Shaolar says, "Wait... what."

This is why I was so confused. Because of the way the kill messages are phrased, I always assumed that it was dependent on your target being in the same room that they were in when the kill started. Even logically, if the flavor is that you're charging faster and faster towards them, if you suddenly did a 180 you should either lose a good chunk of your momentum or your horse would crash to the ground. Mechanically, if the target manages to leave the room they started in, then you/your team has failed to adequately hold them even if they only moved two rooms out of the brawl.
  • edited June 2013
    Kalon said:
    Septus said:

This is why I was so confused. Because of the way the kill messages are phrased, I always assumed that it was dependent on your target being in the same room that they were in when the kill started. Even logically, if the flavor is that you're charging faster and faster towards them, if you suddenly did a 180 you should either lose a good chunk of your momentum or your horse would crash to the ground. Mechanically, if the target manages to leave the room they started in, then you/your team has failed to adequately hold them even if they only moved two rooms out of the brawl.
    The logic clearly is that you are riding around in a large circle.

Horse riders do this an awful lot in training, in fact when you are learning to ride you generally start in a sand arena (it's called a school). Horses are very used to changing direction as long as they aren't at full gallop, but at anything other than this you can generally change the direction of a horse in probably a horse length or two, depending on the size of your horse.

Horses are surprisingly dexterous when it comes to changing direction, which I suppose comes from being a flight animal.

Source: Competition winner and horse owner for 18 years.

Edit: Quote failer for atleast 10 years.
  • At this point, this is hilariously Kalon's fault.

@Kalon You failed to hit the guy who was insta killing you at all (common pvp practice). You were in his room, knowing he was doing an adjacent insta kill...so you obliged him by walking into an adjacent room.
  • Like I said, I thought I had responded in a way that would stop the kill. I found out I did not. I'm not even upset about it, just saying that it did not work as I expected.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited June 2013
    @Aulani for giving me stuff to code :D

Finally finished labeling all my system's variables, aliases, triggers and keys properly in groups.

• ANNOUNCE NEWS #2372
    Date: 6/7/2013 at 16:12
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Khandava Wings and Change Aspect Room

The exits from the Orphanim Angel wings and Change Aspect portal rooms have been changed so that they are not directly in line with Khandava's cannons.

Sorry about your conspiracy theory. :(
  • After ages of hardly writing anything, I just crapped out seven designs to tinker with to my heart's desire later. Getting past some hard-core writer's block feels amazing.
  • Going to Friday Night Magic and drafting/playing Magic for the first time in two and a half years, and going 2-1. The one match I lost was close, too, the bastard only beat me because he somehow drafted two mythic rares! >=(

I don't heart that I got zero actually good cards from it. Boo. Still, fun to nerd out again.
  • edited June 2013
    Gurn said:
    Going to Friday Night Magic and drafting/playing Magic for the first time in two and a half years, and going 2-1. The one match I lost was close, too, the bastard only beat me because he somehow drafted two mythic rares! >=(

I don't heart that I got zero actually good cards from it. Boo. Still, fun to nerd out again.
    DGM/GTC/RTR draft is quite a blast, I agree.

As an aside: you can blame any amount of things for an opponent having 2 mythic rares (statistical outliers considered, it is possible to open a sealed pool of 6 mythic rares instead of 6 normal rares, not counting potential foils) - it is likely your opponent sat next to an idiot (or possibly a very good player who picked a powerful uncommon over his mythic in a pack) at the drafting table and was passed two of them. As much as WotC claims mythic rares exist to push sales and keep powerful cards out of limited formats as often as rares, they are often low impact on draft environments - good uncommons are much more dangerous.

EDIT: Most mythics are low impact. Some, like planeswalkers or very efficient creatures (Voice of Resurgence is just a 2/2 until he dies or your opponent decides to play reactively - which 3 of 5 colors do primarily), are much more dangerous than your average pick.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>