Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

Comments

• I currently have seven invites for DotA 2. I imagine there are people that still want these. I will let go of them for absolutely nothing besides a loose obligation to join in on the second era of Imperian inhouse games.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Rift. Now that it's going F2P noone has an excuse not to check it out. Graphics are great...community is (slightly) better than WoW's, and the skill system is excellent.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Yeah I'm waiting on Rift to go F2P then I can get my girlfriend to play that with me. Last time I played it was like... the month it came out, though.

Also speaking of Dota 2 invites... I have like 36 copies left to give away, if you guys want (*insert lolno emote*).

• I played this game called Prison Architect for a few days. It is still in development, but it is pretty fun.

I love games like this, as they give me ideas for Imperian.

• Jeremy said:
    I played this game called Prison Architect for a few days. It is still in development, but it is pretty fun.

I'm interested in this, but holding out for for it to be just a bit  further in development.  Also, here is a link to a Giant Bomb quicklook for anyone interested.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-prison-architect/2300-7367/

I personally am not playing much currently.  Next on my radar is The Last of Us which comes out in like 3 weeks and I'm super hype for.  And then the new Civ 5 expansion comes out in July. 
  • edited May 2013
    Jeremy said:
    I played this game called Prison Architect for a few days. It is still in development, but it is pretty fun.

Imperian's influenced by a prison-building game? I knew it.

Also, I've been playing Sorcery! for the iPhone lately. One playthrough is pretty short, but there's a ton of choices to be made, and the combat system is surprisingly fun.

• Pretty sure the Garden itself was fashioned solely as the product of a long session of Prison Architect. :O

I've been playing Bioshock Infinite lately, and DC Universe Online. Both have been pretty fun!
    Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"
  • Can't wait for my Bioshock season pass to get me some sweet DLC action.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Selthis said:

Jeremy said:

I'm interested in this, but holding out for for it to be just a bit  further in development.  Also, here is a link to a Giant Bomb quicklook for anyone interested.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-prison-architect/2300-7367/

I personally am not playing much currently.  Next on my radar is The Last of Us which comes out in like 3 weeks and I'm super hype for.  And then the new Civ 5 expansion comes out in July. 
    Brave New World's gonna be tiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited May 2013

Jeremy
    said:

Any chance of getting some Imperian mechanics based on Papers, Please? I totally want to drown a few peoples' passports in red ink.
  • I recently got addicted to LoL.

Sleep > LoL.

• Dragon's Dogma.
  • I played 3 games of DotA. 

After the last one, I altF4-ed it, deleted it, and went to update LoL.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I still can't hang with League of Legends. The mechanics are just terrible, and Heroes of Newerth remains more advanced. I wanted to love League of Legends, I really did. I just could not. Related to the topic, while I continue to play and enjoy World of Warcraft, I have also started going through Torchlight II and Terraria again just for a change of pace.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Torchlight II is awesome.
  • Any other Starcraft HotS players here?
  • Gurn said:
    Any other Starcraft HotS players here?
    Way to live up to the stereotypes. :(
  • I ain't Korean. >=(
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Gurn said:
    I ain't Korean. >=(

I'm half and still don't.
  • I played the game Reus recently. Another cool game that gave me some ideas for Imperian with the way they do resources.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Witcher 2 again now that they released a semi-official overhaul. It's awesome.
  • Batman has sucked me back in as I try to wait for October :( . I'm sure if I re-downloaded Steam I would be in Civ 5 almost always. - I'm sure boss won't want me to download Steam now.
  • How much of an overhaul? Witcher 2 was totally unplayable when I tried it. Everything about it was just awful.
  • Svorai said:
    Batman has sucked me back in as I try to wait for October :( . I'm sure if I re-downloaded Steam I would be in Civ 5 almost always. - I'm sure boss won't want me to download Steam now.
    Come play Civ 5 with me! I'll build Stonehenge in Amsterdam just as God intended!

• edited June 2013
    Anyone else play Allods Online? I've just recently started to give it another try (lured by space-faring dirigibles and the chance to own my own floating island - it sounds seductively similar to Lusternia's Aetherspace in graphical form), and I'm really, really enjoying it. 

It has the best Druid spell animations I've seen in an MMO, and the quirky Russian score is delightful.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Zarim said:
    How much of an overhaul?
    It's a massive combat rebalance. Everything's so much smoother, less clumsy.

Sword animations are sooooo much more fluid.

Armour actually matters now.

There are also less skill points – Geralt starts with all the basic skills already trained (so you start off already able to focus into swordsmanship/magic/alchemy).

Consequently you only get XP for finishing quests, not killing stuff, i.e. you don't have to do quests the 'kill-everything-you-see' way just so you get more XP.

Among many other things.
  • Don't Starve. In my defense I have never starved, but have died in probably every other way imaginable.

WoW when I've the money to fuel the addiction. L5R when I have the money to spend on CCGs. Saving up for Monster Hunter right now, though... on either 3DS or WiiU. Open for suggestions as to which would be better!
  • If you already own both consoles, go for the Wii U version of Monster Hunter. The 3DS version doesn't feature true online play (though they did release a workaround that allows you to connect online by connecting through the Wii U's internet connection), and the Wii U's graphics are supposedly a bit more refined. Otherwise, they're literally the same game and even offer character transfer between consoles.
  • I'm on a fighter kick lately. Picked up UMVC3 and it's amazing. I'm also enjoying watching videos of tournaments because watching amazing people play games is fun. Combofiend's Spencer game is scary stuff.
  • Dicene said:
    I'm on a fighter kick lately. Picked up UMVC3 and it's amazing. I'm also enjoying watching videos of tournaments because watching amazing people play games is fun. Combofiend's Spencer game is scary stuff.
    Peter Nguyen's ANYTHING (especially Dante/Zero/Vergil) is pretty horrific too.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>