Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Should have submitted an idea that weapon health be taken out completely....Just saying.

• Newbies have been asking for this, and I can't think of another place to put it. Here's a link to the world map jpg on the old website; it's out of date, but it shows general geography.

http://old.imperian.com/images/imperian.jpg

I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I can see my house from here!
  • Haven't seen that in so many years. I'd love to have an updated, well-illustrated version of this. Might would buy one to go with Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim maps that came in with the game. Always thought they were pretty cool. Any chance an old map of all of the rooms and areas is still floating around? Basically an entirely zoomed out Whyte's map.
  • Individual area maps can be viewed at http://www.imperian.com/game/maps/imperian. No up-to-date global map.
  • So, I don't know if I'm doing this wrong and I probably am. But I am wondering if there were changes made to Kaido in the last several months? I have to admit I haven't paid much attention to any classleads for a while since I've mostly been inactive (or inactive in PvP). I just picked up Monk again and was messing around with it, but I couldn't seem to generate any kai whatsoever. I haven't toyed with Monk in real life years, so perhaps I'm missing something. I thought it might by my prompt, so I switched to HTML5 and used the custom prompt in-game to track kai to see if the number would go up at all (it didn't).

What are the parameters that have to be met for kai to be generated?

• Alesud said:
    So, I don't know if I'm doing this wrong and I probably am. But I am wondering if there were changes made to Kaido in the last several months? I have to admit I haven't paid much attention to any classleads for a while since I've mostly been inactive (or inactive in PvP). I just picked up Monk again and was messing around with it, but I couldn't seem to generate any kai whatsoever. I haven't toyed with Monk in real life years, so perhaps I'm missing something. I thought it might by my prompt, so I switched to HTML5 and used the custom prompt in-game to track kai to see if the number would go up at all (it didn't).

What are the parameters that have to be met for kai to be generated?
    Are you actually in Kai Trance? I know this sounds obvious, but..

If you are, do you have the player enemied?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • That would be it, so no, it wasn't obvious to me (fail). I thought I recalled being able to gain kai from allies in a fight/before a fight started when I first played Monk. That you just had to be around "violence" to start generating it. I'll mess with it tomorrow when I don't have to be awake for work in less than five hours. Muchas gracias.
  • That was changed.

It used to be that you gained Kai whenever any enemy of yours in the room performed an offensive action while you were in Trance. However, this just led to monks enemying their allies and gaining a neverending torrent of Kai. Now, you only gain kai from offensive actions that your enemies direct against YOU.

Kai Net can be used to gain Kai at a much faster rate than normal, but the mana drain on is absolutely punishing and most people cannot maintain it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Why is it that my shield doesnt seem to give me the full benefit the wp says it does when I do resists or resists check
  • Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong and/or give more information about it, but resists, I believe, is a culmination of everything and a percentage of that. Otherwise, it'd be rather easy for everybody to get 100% resists (or a rather high amount) with shield, armour, etc.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Resists are multiplicative. 
  • Qentin said:
    Why is it that my shield doesnt seem to give me the full benefit the wp says it does when I do resists or resists check
    The actual armor protection is 2/3 of the listed value, and it only applies to a portion of the damage (which is different for each attack).
  • Why do we do that, actually? Could we get the display numbers changed to display actual armor protection?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• It's far more impressive that way, and it makes incremental differences in armor stats look more important than they are.
  • Khizan said:
    Why do we do that, actually? Could we get the display numbers changed to display actual armor protection?
    I'm not really sure, honestly. Historical reasons, I guess!
  • edited May 2013
    More like: because it has always been done that way, and nobody could think of any reason to point out how dumb it was because we got used to the numbers not really being honest. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • I'd legitimately rather have my 85%/85% fullplate than have it display "56% cutting resist against only the portion of the attack's damage affected by armor" on every weapon probe.

The RESISTS command covers for the ambiguity just fine.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Question: Since Gruarg won a 200 year conquest in Transk...is it safe to assume that Hastati isn't the goody two shoes some of the derps are toting her to be? The timing of it all is suspicious. Hastati shows up. BAM. Gruarg wins.
  • edited May 2013
    @Hastati works in mysterious ways*.

*and inexplicably ends up on the winning side in Transk
    Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    If that was related to the little discussion I stumbled into at the Shuk, then it's awesome :D
  • Is there a way to search through news posts, either on the website or IG? I'd like to dig and read some old announces like when Vodun was taken out. Could also give me some insight on some of these random areas like Lord DeHayden's place.
  • Dicene said:

Is there a way to search through news posts, either on the website or IG? I'd like to dig and read some old announces like when Vodun was taken out. Could also give me some insight on some of these random areas like Lord DeHayden's place.

No. I download the posts from the website, grab the div corresponding to the actual post, and save them. Then I grep them later.
  • I just store them manually in a txt file and find through it when needed.
  • You can do NSUM # but it only lists 20 at a time with author/subject listed.
  • Yeah, too much work for a feature that I'm surprised isn't already implemented. I'll just ask Google to look through imperian.com/game/news/imperian/announce for me.
  • Dicene said:
    Yeah, too much work for a feature that I'm surprised isn't already implemented. I'll just ask Google to look through imperian.com/game/news/imperian/announce for me.
    It's a limitation with how posts are stored on the server.
  • edited May 2013
    Lionas said:
    Dicene said:
    Yeah, too much work for a feature that I'm surprised isn't already implemented. I'll just ask Google to look through imperian.com/game/news/imperian/announce for me.
    It's a limitation with how posts are stored on the server.
    Then it's a limitation that other IRE games have overcome.  
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited May 2013