Skip to content

We're so addicted to peace

2»

Comments

• oh, I wasn't trying to say that you were successful with assassin because of peace. Just that diablost and peace isn't dangerous.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    You think that because you have passive heals and fitness.

Try playing summoner v diab that knows how to stick peace and confusion.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Templar has it good in almost every aspect of PK.

Offense? DSL + mirror (OP), flares, condemnation, engage, stupid pet to passively raze or knock off balance.

Defense? Healing, revitalization, bliss (OP), fitness, rage, hands and I guess if you really wanted you could count redemption (but personally that's just another death and more herbs to waste if you don't have a Raksha band).

When I was still using Templar I'd just pre-bliss and walk into any fight and have pretty much 0% chance of losing if it was 1v1, discounting being WD'd or druided, which still works if I mirror the root choke and/or wisp poison (eat your own shit). Though WDs who don't have tanky artis still crumble under damage pretty fast, and I suppose I could stand there spamming hands until my devo ran out if I really didn't want to get imminently druided.

And I have lost sight of why I even wrote this but fuck it.
  • Mirror should be restricted to toxin affs, period. I EXPECTED it to be like that. Wassup, mirrored justice.

Mirror is Templar's equivalent of old sketches.
  • The justice aff was an intended part of the mirroring change... if the Templar has no afflictions and the target has three or more, it will give the justice affliction.

Other than that, though, mirroring being able to transpose any aff can get a bit crazy.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    You and I were just talking about that. If you're both playing to your optimum, there is no reason a templar should ever fail to beat a summoner, as we've demonstrated countless times. I can do everything right, every time, and still just get steamrolled. I also lost sight of why I wrote this post but Azefel's just made me remember that conversation. Banishment means my passive damage from ents, even with resistances lowered from demonrays, isn't enough or they will just die, and if I'm using stars+golgotha warps I can straight warp you for the entire 90 second duration and you'll just sit there and laugh with your rite and your perform hands. :[ I would say revit makes enlighten impossible, but diagnose makes enlighten impossible so... yeah

tldr - summoner is sucky v templars :[
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Labil said:

Mathiaus said:

Labil said:

Formaldehyde toxin just deliver toxin affs. Now, things like the bard aff attack, that can give every aff, as I have found the hard way. Not sure off-hand what other attacks are like that.

I just felt the need to remark the difference.

Bard masked affliction only gives a certain list of afflictions. It cannot give addiction or peace.

It can give shivering. Which is kind of weird. Yes, I'm sure it wasn't the sketch.

Yes, that is part of that list.

• edited April 2013
    @menoch at the time I didn't have mirroring and I didn't have to use fitness|rage...just realized there would be banishment rite which knocks out a great deal of diab offense. But, I can see how peace confusion combos would work out vs paralyze/peace combos. Though confusion isn't a sure thing, but 25% of my attacks being eaten up is sure to produce hatred :p

edit: oh, summoner has always sucked against all knights worth a damn.
  • Summoner's always been rough against anybody who can tank their damage and heal aeon.

It's just that, for the vast majority of Imperian's lifetime, that latter group consisted of maybe 2% of the game.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."