Skip to content

Cult/Sect Conflict

124»

Comments

• 1.  To make your idea work it would have to be timed, reset every 3 RL days or something like that at random  times.  No way to restart the timer except by having another sect from a different circle capture it.
    2. There would need to be several, preferably 3 or so.
    3. A sect could only control one at  at a time. No having one sect control all 3 for example.
    4. Control of idol lost upon sufficient desecration of idol from outside using the desecration ritual to weaken the holding sect's control.  This desecration provides a warning to the sect who control the idol akin to the obelisk under attack warnings.  Theoretically, I can go chase them off, but the desecration level remains.  Perhaps have a counterbalance "consecration(obv. need a new word since this isn't devo)" ritual that sects can do to top off  an idol's exterior.  Desecration no longer becomes a   "hurr, gonna stop that cult from becoming a sect" ability.
    5. Once a certain amount of desecration is done (a fair amount) an announce goes out that  "X idol can now be controlled!" and interested parties can enter idol  and begin the control process. 
    6.,  You "enter idol" it puts you in a 3x3 area inside the idol sort of akin to the etherstorm battles except for groups.  You sit in there for 4 to 5 minutes. The people who can enter to contest must be from the same sect. This shouldn't be a super circle effort imho, it should be  an individual sect thing.

• I like the individual sect part of it. The rest would have to be tested before I'd say yay or nay. All in all solid suggestions imo.

• IMO, it should be a circle effort.

Yeah, everything's a circle effort, I know. Thing is, organizations just aren't going to be cool with intra-org conflicts arising from this. It's not going to happen. You're never going to see a time when a city isn't going to have a problem with a conflict system that pits citizen against citizen and the bad blood that brings. And if the intra-circle conflict isn't allowed, you have trouble with newer/smaller cults/sects being pissed that they're partially barred from participation because half the objectives are occupied by their own circle. 

And then, it brings about the problem where people end up going "I'd like to join this sect, but only that sect has enough fighters to really be competitive", and goes directly against the "Everybody can participate" thing that made shardfalls work. It's bad enough that the circles are this unbalanced without further subdividing the circle populations. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."