Skip to content

Khizan's Classlead Repository, mkII

2»

Comments

• The problem is that when the target DOES have focus/purge balance, it blocks that skill and delivers an aff. If not, it does nothing. Considering the benefits, yes, I think it should have some effort involved on knowing when to use it.
  • Yeah. I don't think I'd argue for it to give the stupidify/nausea affliction when the victim is off focus/purge, but I don't think there's any harm in having dose the person with a low priority aff.
  • As a clarification it does not block the skill. If I hit you with disease and you have purge balance, it takes your purge balance (for about the length of half the time if you used purge yourself) and applies nausea. It doesn't lay in wait for you to purge, it doesn't last for an infinite length of time. And after those ~8 seconds you'll be purging every chance you get, if I've done my job properly.

• edited April 2013
    Blocking the skill for 8~ seconds is still blocking the skill.
  • Disease as is is pretty useless. It doesn't actually block purge for the full amount of time, and since it takes up a wyvern claw attack, only blocks for 4 seconds, and doesn't stick a useful affliction, hemotoxin tends to be straight up superior. Seeing as nausea doesn't actually count as a brainmelt thing, I don't see why that, at least, would be an issue.

Also, @Ahkan, because hunter blocks purge/tree and brainmelt is dependent on the number rather than the actual afflictions, useless afflictions are there really only to pad the numbers. With how curing against hunter goes, unless you're planning on spamshield and hoping focus cures heroism, the useless afflictions still kind of just sit there on top of each other. Focus is the only random cure that Hunters really need to worry about if you open with toxicshock hemotoxin.
  • Nausea may not count towards brainmelt but it is a DoT. It's not useless in the slightest, to me anyway.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited April 2013

@gurn: "Useless afflictions are there really only to pad the numbers." Exactly. That's their job. Also, nausea is a pretty great affliction. I can think of two really good reasons off the top of my head. Blocking purge for 8s is still 8s even if your eq/bal is 4s. That's 8s they're not getting an extra cure in. I don't think it's too much to ask for additional functionality being added to deaden/disease, but it shouldn't be front line, effective afflictions, since technically it's a circumstance failure (hello skill requirement).

Honestly, I have trouble finding any sort of pity or 'down side' to Hunter. Their concept is really kind of meh, by virtue of the "you're damned if you do and damned if you don't."  Hey, I'm going to build an entire affliction skillset around punishing you for curing  debilitating afflictions (stupidity, reckless, confusion). If trigger was relegated to mid-tier afflictions that can arguably be bad over time, I can get with that. I can't survive a fight pushing through stupidity, but I doom myself by curing stupidity, which could effectively block the next cure, give me recklessness and some other stacked bs just so I can get stupidity again in 2 more seconds? Yeah, no fun.

If it makes you feel better, I also think that being able to to instill hemotoxin is bullshit.  I think that being able to block paralysis/hemotoxin curing for 2 balances is dumb (flare nairat) which effectively blocks 3 forms of curing for 4s while fighting a blitz-juggernaut affliction class (wytchen, sabre knight).  Actually, I dislike any affliction-overwhelm strategy having access to an ability that has the sole purpose of blocking your curing (that you can't avoid). Throw flick dancers under the bus here, since transfix may as well be hemotoxin the greater.

Also, to make you feel better, I feel your pain. Your class is kind of a one trick pony. If you can't brain melt me, you're probably not going to kill me. If I feel like I'm in danger of getting brain melted, I'm going to turtle like a champion or throw up apathy. In my oh so humble opinion, I think Lartosis (new predator skill) would have been a sweet addition to Hunter or Wytchen (once they lose aeon). I think we really blew it giving it to an over hybridizing garbage can of "meh" skills, as opposed to fixing the fundamental problem with the class (over hybridization). Lartosis basically this gives a DoT based on # of afflictions on target, which fits Hunter/Wytch much better than it fits Predadur (Not an affliction class).  I also applaud anyone who read through the initial lartosis classlead, because it was a mechanical/theoretical/grammatical nightmare.

At the of the day, trigger-stupidity/confusion/reckless, instill-hemo, flared nairat and loshre...these are all un-fun mechanics to fight against. They're unstoppable for the most part and really require no skill on the part of the attacker using them.
  • I'm not looking for pity or 'down side' to hunter, just pointing out flawed arguments against. I think Hunter's in a pretty good place right now, besides maybe slight changes to poisonmind. Nausea ticks very infrequently, and doesn't really contribute to Hunter combat at all. Claw damage is so low that even with masochism and nausea, a single sip/toadstool will bring you back to full health no problem.

Also, purge blocked by disease will only stop purge for 4 seconds instead of 8 for some reason. I don't mean the difference between eq/bal, but rather than if someone purges versus using disease, they will be able to purge a lot faster than if you had made them actually purge. Once again, not a problem, just pointing it out.

I like where Hunter is right now. There can be a couple of things fixed here or there, but they're not big. It's just little things. While it would be nice for deaden and disease to give afflictions, I do still think due to disease's short purge block period and giving nausea, it's a filler skill masquerading as a useful one. Does that need to be changed? Not really, using hemotoxin's a far better bet that uses the same balance time. 

Also, I think something like Lartosis would be too powerful for Hunter. As of now, I can pull off a good brainmelt kill on people if I work at it(especially with the peace change!). While I do somewhat worry about where the balance scales at statuette levels vs non statuette levels, I could still pull off kills against everyone I've tested against. RNG curing of triggered afflictions plays some part in whether or not I'm able to pull off the kill, but hey, that's something everyone has to deal with. All I really really really really really really really want is for the trigger bug to be fixed already. Consistent testing shows there's some weird circumstances in which trigger should fire but doesn't.
  • Haha, the peace change. I only regret one thing about the peace change. I forgot wytchen had peace and that peace is a mental affliction so you can cycle flare nairat-ciguatoxin with flare loshre-peace. I'm 99% sure I'm going to try and  classlead peace out of wytchen or at least replace it with something that's not the peace effect.

See, I guess we like different class mechanics. Hunter doesn't have a lot of versatility and it all hinges on #if brainmelt. I'm not really sure I like the huge, possibly unavoidable, burst damage you could eat from brainmelt. Also, I dislike that the RNG can just crap all over my well planned attack and reset my progress to 0.
  • I was too busy, unfortunately, during the classleads, to propose something for poisonmind/rupture. I want it to work slightly better than inserting autocuring eat ginger and ruin the entire setup. :(
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    AB SUPREMACY BRAINFREEZE - Your icewyrm can now give an opponent a minor headache.
  • Menoch said:
    AB SUPREMACY BRAINFREEZE - Your icewyrm can now give an opponent a minor headache.
    I would not object to getting an icewyrm.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Gurn said:
    Menoch said:
    I would not object to getting an icewyrm.
    I'm bad and I should feel bad.

(sleep is for people who like to make sense)
  • What's scarier than a dragon? A dragon riding a dragon. For real though, I'd love to have a mount and ent that didn't fall to the ground every time I fly to Wyvern View/Spy or Track.
  • Whatever, bro. Juran said my transfix spam classlead was ass. Stop crying and trying to nerf what kills you.

/sarcasm
  • I still just want triggers fixed. No one's even acknowledged that there is a bug in there. :(
  • Gurn said:

I still just want triggers fixed. No one's even acknowledged that there is a bug in there. :(

When you told me about it, I imagined it was something to do with the internal cooldown I thought triggers had. Did you never ask Garryn about that?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Never got a response, I bugged it and sent a message in. I posted up an example on "I hate," if you want to go look for it. It basically boils down to that trigger = 2 second cooldown, herb = 2 second cooldown, but an annoying percent of the time trigger won't fire despite it having the 2 second cooldown via herb, if that makes sense.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Mirror mirror on the ball, who's the bs on the wall? YOU ARE!

It should be a toxin-transfer/justice OR a toxin, but not both. Other that, it's a neat skill.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Khizan said:

Still want to get this changed.

WD-Transfix is dumb
    I tried to cover it in classleads, but it's on the dreaded back burner. 136 was rejected because Selthis put up a necessary 173. The problem is that 173 doesn't actually fix the problem. Any wardancer that is properly cookie cutting this has always blown your tree/purge balance and the oxalis/ciguatoxin combination landed and you can't purge anything away. You're either transfixed...or you eat hyssop and get impaled. In teams this is absurd, in 1v1 it's just a stall tactic that makes it impossible to establish momentum on a wardancer. God forbid these numbs kulls ever exploit spin-slash, which is where the delicious is.

Not gonna lie, the easiest way to fix this is to just remove transfix from wardance. It's not like they -need- it now with overwhelm floating around.