Skip to content

Event Feedback, 2.0

12346»

Comments

• Abigail said:

And yes, I do believe that when you type something that's going to be broadcast to over a hundred people, and you're (presumably) paid to do it, you should take the one or two seconds it requires to look over your typing and ensure it's free of error. Why is it such a bad thing to encourage quality?
    I am the master of all typos. Every volunteer in Imperian will attest to that single fact.

• Just for your personal information. Three people are paid on Imperian, two of them (me and tomas) have a lot of work we do for IRE as a whole. Jesse actually does some IRE work as well. He deals with rapture problems and help with stat code.

</off-topic>

• Katarsh said:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Vindicator

To justify or prove the worth of (the Arcane)
    To defend, maintain, or insist on the recognition of (the Arcane)

Makes perfect sense.
    Synonyms:

Apologist, Justifier
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • Jorachim said:
    Katarsh said:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Vindicator

To justify or prove the worth of (the Arcane)
    To defend, maintain, or insist on the recognition of (the Arcane)

Makes perfect sense.
    Synonyms:

Apologist, Justifier
    Sadly, Apologists of the Arcane didn't sound badass enough.
  • Considering the path Kinsarmar seems to be taking regarding their stance on releasing demon lords, we should probably just rename the Vindicators to that anyways.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • I wouldn't say it was fair to call it spawn camping. We were re-grouping at the Spring, and we had a lot of people in and out of Dis. (Lol @earthquake).

However, Abigail did actually raise an objection when we killed Shou there because he had not done anything aggressive.

Personally, at such a time, I didn't feel particularly guilty about it. It was happening on both sides.

Personally, I am somewhat pleased that Kinsarmar took a stand on something and duked it out alone. Somewhat unique, in my memory. Normally one of the whipping boys, so it presented a different dynamic for a change.
  • Sarrius said:
    Considering the path Kinsarmar seems to be taking regarding their stance on releasing demon lords, we should probably just rename the Vindicators to that anyways.
    Katarsh is the only one who's spoken up to point out Kinsarmar's role in that, to my knowledge. And he has pointed out to those who blamed Kinsarmar in the ceasefire that Kinsarmarians were not the only ones present, and that it wasn't even city leaders who lead the charge.

And though you seem to think he's putting Kinsarmar up on a cross or somesuch, he's actually simply pointing out that the city was instrumental in unleashing the demons, and thus now bears at least partial responsibility for fixing its mistake.

The Council voted to stop continued pushes into that demon stronghold. That's why Lemuela was telling people to stop, but people ignored that and pushed on anyways. Katarsh voted against it and had nothing to do with it. So, he's not blaming the city as a whole, since that includes him, but trying to get the city to actually step up and move forward to do what can be done to fix the mistake (though even he isn't quite sure what that entails. Ya can't just resurrect dead Gods, ya know? This ain't real life, and Janus ain't Jesus.).

Long story short: who else is taking this stance Kat's held to? Considering Kat's pretty much the only one in Kinsarmar who actually stood for the ceasefire 'til the end, and no one else is 'blaming' Kinsarmar from inside the city, at least not vocally.
  • If the Council voted on it, why did they never actually tell anyone? It's hard to say it was ignoring orders when the order was never actually given (and an Erege was present at all the fights (and Pellerin said he'd never said anything of the sort, effectively throwing Lemuela under the bus)).
  • I get why the alliance happened and the event ended during primetime. It was impossible to get a straight answer regarding the alliance - We were told "We're in the alliance, but I'm not sure", "Stavenn and Khandava are being removed", "Now we're one foot in, one foot out", then when the final demon lord died/ran away to come back later, we were told "Alliance over. Do what you want!". 

As for Lemuela, that's happened more than once. She'll claim to be speaking on behalf of someone, usually the Duke, or Ereges, then when they're asked, they have no idea what she's talking about. That doesn't help clarify the confusion, at all. 

I was hoping for something (slightly) more spectacular than one army getting blown up and the others retreating when the hammer was set off, though I guess most of the weapon-blast got sent through the rift. It'll be interesting to see if this actually impacts demon-related skills - Would seem odd if it didn't.

And - one thing seems to have tapered off randomly - Shortly before the main event, Roudimus was recruiting for a corrupt treant army, or something? Did that go anywhere?

• Katarsh said:
    The Council voted to stop continued pushes into that demon stronghold. That's why Lemuela was telling people to stop, but people ignored that and pushed on anyways. Katarsh voted against it and had nothing to do with it. So, he's not blaming the city as a whole, since that includes him, but trying to get the city to actually step up and move forward to do what can be done to fix the mistake (though even he isn't quite sure what that entails. Ya can't just resurrect dead Gods, ya know? This ain't real life, and Janus ain't Jesus.).
    If this is the case, the Council threw Lemuela in front of a bus and then drove it over her themselves. I mean, Lalitana had no idea that the Ereges had voted this way and she's in the council clan.
  • We actually had a huge discussion where Arakis brought in (I believe) Risu to discuss misgivings we had about the whole thing. And Caelya put one some awesome roleplay about how she wanted a daughter, and Rishi had promised her a daughter if she'd help him open the portal, and that this undead possessed little girl was her daughter. On the back of that, the Council held a verbal vote, and then it was another one of those communication breakdowns where everyone expected everyone else to do the work of actually officially communicating the decision to the city, and no one did it.
  • That doesn't add up because those who've been asked don't remember said vote every actually occurring - What you and Lemuela have taken as a 'verbal vote' everyone else seems to have taken as a discussion with no clear outcome, if it even occurred at all. 
  • edited October 2012
    Katarsh said:
    We actually had a huge discussion where Arakis brought in (I believe) Risu to discuss misgivings we had about the whole thing. And Caelya put one some awesome roleplay about how she wanted a daughter, and Rishi had promised her a daughter if she'd help him open the portal, and that this undead possessed little girl was her daughter. On the back of that, the Council held a verbal vote, and then it was another one of those communication breakdowns where everyone expected everyone else to do the work of actually officially communicating the decision to the city, and no one did it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This goes directly back to what our point has been all along: Kinsarmar had, effectively, no leadership whatsoever throughout the event because the Council was ineffective to the point of hilarity. You 'took a vote' on a thing, but nobody else in the clan ever realized it was a vote. If you actually did take a vote on it, you never saw anybody post on it and you still never thought "Hey, maybe I should tell the city what we decided." The Ereges and Council sat there and watched us kill the demons, open the gates, and keep the keystones in Kinsarmar for RL days, and you never thought to bring it up with us. 

All these chances, and you did... what exactly?

I mean, we would have ignored you if you'd told us not to do it, but you still had chances to TRY.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• @Khizan You dare ignore me?
  • edited October 2012
    Quite frankly, I'll ignore damn near anybody who says something like "Don't kill the awesome boss monsters and push the Mystery Button". :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• That is one hell of a breakdown in communication if not only did none of the Ereges actually communicate it out to the city, but half of them didn't even remember having the vote.  I mean, yeah Khizan and Sanai would probably have ignored it anyway but that's just an epic breakdown.
  • Ok, so I apparently misinterpreted the discussion to have been a vote. Instead, having now looked back over the log, I see we just threw a bunch of bureacrats at it and hoped the problem would go away because not one of us actually did a damn thing with the discussion. But, for your reference, a link to the log with the entire discussion is presented below:

As to why Kat didn't make any posts during this portion of the event? Read my tell to Doshar which is included in the log. I live in my car, had just had a new baby born, so my daily schedule went like this: wake up, get dressed, contort my body from the backseat to the driver seat of my Saab coupe, pull the car around to the back of the building I work at, get out, walk in, work work work work eat work work work, get in car and drive stickshift through VA rush-hour traffic with a bad left ankle to go home and spend time with wife and (now) two daughters, spend a few hours there, get in car, drive back to work building, park, log in to quickly check on politics, go to sleep, rinse, lather, repeat.
  • I'm reading this and laughing because Celidon's leadership was just as indecisive, even while the final Hammer run neared its completion. Looking at you, Ziat.

• Katarsh said:
    Ok, so I apparently misinterpreted the discussion to have been a vote. Instead, having now looked back over the log, I see we just threw a bunch of bureacrats at it and hoped the problem would go away because not one of us actually did a damn thing with the discussion. But, for your reference, a link to the log with the entire discussion is presented below:

As to why Kat didn't make any posts during this portion of the event? Read my tell to Doshar which is included in the log. I live in my car, had just had a new baby born, so my daily schedule went like this: wake up, get dressed, contort my body from the backseat to the driver seat of my Saab coupe, pull the car around to the back of the building I work at, get out, walk in, work work work work eat work work work, get in car and drive stickshift through VA rush-hour traffic with a bad left ankle to go home and spend time with wife and (now) two daughters, spend a few hours there, get in car, drive back to work building, park, log in to quickly check on politics, go to sleep, rinse, lather, repeat.
    As much as I have avoided this point so as not to seem bitter or angry over an election loss, but if your life is in such a state that you are living in your car, you work constantly, and you have a new child - not to mention injuries - and you also seemed to fail to communicate VERY crucial points (which would have been simple to communicate) during an event.. why are you still an Erege? Why are you willingly putting yourself in that situation when you seem to have shown that you did not know what to do, and you have so much on your plate elsewhere (to the point that you don't need this detracting from your life)? It would have been very easy to simply say 'Don't vote, somebody else please step up and run'. I'm not really even bagging on you, I'm asking you a legitimate question.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Yeah, I don't fault you for living life at all - that's what anyone reasonable would do in that case.

However - it was still a colossal failing in that nobody in power stood up to lead, whether it was because of external influence or not. Those who did stand up didn't have power to lean on, and were completely unsupported. Those who were against pressing on wound up being basically hung out to dry (Risu, Lemuela), those who were for it were stuck looking for some sort of affirmation and unity and finding nothing. Nobody got anything that they wanted in any of it, except a headache.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm still an Erege because Kat believes quite simply that none of those who contested him (oh, and because the city voted for him, small victory though it was), with the possible exception of Mercer, would have been at all a good choice for the future of the city he lives in.

And this is how life works for me, I have to deal with crap everyday. Most days I'm unemployed and dealing with IG stuff while simultaneously running job searches, like today and the entire past week. However, occasionally things jump up on me all at once and I have to take short temporary breaks where I am less active. The whole event with the demon gates just happened to be one of them. It's not an OMG I can't play 'cuz LIFE moment, it's an OMG, let me allow other leaders to step up while I take a day or three to breathe.

I've already accepted, both ICly and OOCly now here, my failings in communication, but I'm still only one of five. The problem isn't that I broke down, it's that the entire leadership broke down in this event.
  • I thought Galt had nothing to do with Kinsarmar this whole event, but the latest posts seem to say otherwise.  I'm confused.  Are we only apart of a city when it is of benefit to us?  But when a person is a complete liability, self-imposed or otherwise, Well I have nothing to do with Kinsarmar.  This guy could run for president.  

• Eh. Galt's a citizen in all but name - he defends the city and hangs out in Kinsarmar most of the time. Each time Kinsarmar kicks him out they generally "let" him continue to defend the place while crying "not a citizen!" and then he's eventually let back in when a new-enough crop of Ereges comes up that either doesn't remember or doesn't care that he made the last group very sad. 
  • Ill keep that in mind next time Kinsarmar is whines about how they have no control over her. 

• Galt's still a guilded Spectre which gives him some rights. At least he was last I checked.
  • Galt said:
    That doesn't add up because those who've been asked don't remember said vote every actually occurring - What you and Lemuela have taken as a 'verbal vote' everyone else seems to have taken as a discussion with no clear outcome, if it even occurred at all. 
    Everything Lem was trying to say didn't come from the Ereges. The job of Emissary is like the Press Secretary. You have meetings with the Duke and find out his stance on things, then you go out and spread the word. Cause you don't wanna be blabbing things at the Crossroads if it's totally opposite of what your leadership wants. Pellerin told her the Ereges were in agreement, but she never heard any votes or discussion on it and she'd never question the Duke on was there really a vote or not.

And yeah, it did kinda suck to be called a liar and manipulator of words when she couldn't prove Pellerin had actually told her those things. So meh.
    With a steady hand, Aosoth batters you with an orb sigil.
    You say, "Ow."
    You say to Aosoth, "Bitch."
    Aosoth blinks.
    You exclaim, "That hurt!"
    Lord Aosoth, of the Thirst says to Caelya, "I bring out the best in people."