Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Some kind of simple categorical organization for org helpfiles in the index. Player attempts at this have been made, but are not super effective in my experience.

• I love auto-pay for shops and houses. But can we please specify which properties get paid? Lalitana's holding multiple houses as Chancellor and I didn't realize that the system would just withdraw funding from her bank account for any random building in her name, not just the one I set autopay on.
  • Ew. As an once-time Chancellor, I can understand how unpleasant was to learn that.
  • edited February 2013
    Since a lot of ally/enemy movement/action is highlighted by the game-side color coding for 'allies' and 'enemies', would it be possible to make player-made portals coded in the same way? I can see why it might be off-putting for those who use wands while standing on seige, hoping to trick their enemies into entering, so maybe the color coding could just be restricted to allies. I don't know.

To clarify, what I'm wanting to be colored are the messages:
    'Suchandsuch portal starts to form', and 'Suchandsuch portal opens up'.

• edited February 2013
    Mages have the beads (which from my point of view aren't such a great idea).

Just don't enter any portal that no one has announced they have sent to you.

If a car stops in front of you and a door opens inviting you to enter it, will you do it without hesitation?
  • I get it, though people I know usually don't drive anonymous cars with tinted windows and no other identifying features. :|

• Apparently Hollywood has taught me misinterpretations of average livehood in the streets of the USA.

How was I to know better :(
  • I love auto-pay for shops and houses. But can we please specify which properties get paid? Lalitana's holding multiple houses as Chancellor and I didn't realize that the system would just withdraw funding from her bank account for any random building in her name, not just the one I set autopay on.
    Labil said:
    Ew. As an once-time Chancellor, I can understand how unpleasant was to learn that.
    Fortunately I can fix it when I next log on but it's annoying. I'm not even sure whether the system reacted because the former owners of the seized houses had autopay on or whether the system saw "house autopay on" for Lalitana's actual house and just tried to PAY ALL THE TAXES. 

I think I'd actually like Chancellors to have the option of setting up a house or shop as "foreclosed on" or something instead of having to transfer ownership to him/herself while the sale of the property is pending. It would ideally be similar to the system no longer charging the city for shops after they've been closed for a year, and cease costing the city funds to "maintain" that house until it was sold and taken out of "foreclosure" status.
  • Caelya said:
    Since a lot of ally/enemy movement/action is highlighted by the game-side color coding for 'allies' and 'enemies', would it be possible to make player-made portals coded in the same way? I can see why it might be off-putting for those who use wands while standing on seige, hoping to trick their enemies into entering, so maybe the color coding could just be restricted to allies. I don't know.

Someone submitted aspect perks like this! It would be awesome.
  • Caelya said:
    I get it, though people I know usually don't drive anonymous cars with tinted windows and no other identifying features. :|

You haven't met Selthis' candy van?
    :(
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Ahkan said:
    Caelya said:
    Someone submitted aspect perks like this! It would be awesome.
    Stick it with Illusion detection?
  • It was more of a gold/xp upgrade that would let you customize your portal

"The faint tunes of a calliope begin to ring merrily around you."

"The stink of licorice heralds the opening of the Kraken's portal."
  • Ahkan said:
    It was more of a gold/xp upgrade that would let you customize your portal

"The faint tunes of a calliope begin to ring merrily around you."

"The stink of licorice heralds the opening of the Kraken's portal."
    I would not mind one thing taken from Lusternia's Level 100 system, and that would be being able to customize one's Here, Enter, and Exit messages.

The problem is we just sold an artifact that does just this and would likely offend the purchaser to give it away so freely to the people who have Aspect - even for a steep gold/EXP cost. :/
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • I like the ambiguity of portals, because I like people not being able to tell the difference between, say, "Azefel is coming to reinforce me" and "Khizan is coming to kill me."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA

Khizan said:
    I like the ambiguity of portals, because I like people not being able to tell the difference between, say, "Azefel is coming to reinforce me" and "Khizan is coming to kill me."
    I think it's funny you say this, considering the jollies I got off you and the RG train following you a couple months back. I will say this, it only took like 2 or 3 times before you guys got wise to it... now my, "what the hell, let me borrow a wand" boredom is far less entertaining. I tried so hard to snipe a kill on one of you guys from the guards... damned boltthrowers.

• Khizan said:
    I like the ambiguity of portals, because I like people not being able to tell the difference between, say, "Azefel is coming to reinforce me" and "Khizan is coming to kill me."
      Azefel always calls his target though...so if I don't see Azefel's name on ring, I assume threat.

• Delrayne said:

Khizan said:
      Azefel always calls his target though...so if I don't see Azefel's name on ring, I assume threat.
    I think it was Ruga who established that Azefel has taken the fun out of this game for a lot of people.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Khizan said:

Ambiguity is overrated. Ask my tracking steed!
  • Khizan said:
    Considering that your buddies should be informing you prior to portaling in (Portaler tells you, "Incoming portal from me."), I don't see why being able to tell if it's an ALLIED portal, at least, is a problem.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited February 2013
    But I had fun stepping into Azefel's portal without knowing and dying by siege in a comical manner!
  • edited February 2013
    C'mon, even I know not to step into unannounced portals, and I'm the most vapid and witless player in the game.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania

I forgot about that one for Sadey. To be fair, mine was just trying to get out of the room at the time during some type of group combat, and I saw a portal pop up, and took a chance.

• I would love it if the admins would create a way for them to "Summon a shardfall" when they see that there is plenty of people about and mainly standing around waiting on another shardfall to happen. What would be freaking more awesome would be that they add a little twist on it. So here is my idea for "improving Imperian"

* Admin/Entitiy/Whatever notice a ton of PK hungry players sulking around in their cities doing nothing.

* They "create" a shardfall at whatever location they seem fit. "Cannae seems like a good place to watch people die at."

* They are not happy enough about the lack of bloodshed so they add a little twist to the shardfall (as much as it amuses them to watch the players suffer). ANYONE who harvest a shard within the area would soon notice that the energy released from the shard will attract a very special creature: The shard midgets of Dhoom. (No, I don't think they should be named that but it sounded hawt). Why this though? Because it would increase the time of the shardfall because you can't single harvest without the risk of dying to the "shard-guards". (I think it could be similar to the previous event of undead stuff being released in X area). The guards would also drop shards as a reward.

* Combat happens (hopefully), the person starting the shardfall laugh at the deaths and the players are having a blast.

/End
  • edited March 2013
    A shardfall in Caanae would be awful because anyone in a shardfall area is open PK. It's bad enough that areas adjacent to townes (adram valley, modin valley, etc) are shardfall areas, and only people who are outdoors can see them occuring; we don't need people running around ganking newbies hunting spiders because 'lol shardfall'.
  • Abigail said:
    A shardfall in Caanae would be awful because anyone in a shardfall area is open PK. It's bad enough that areas adjacent to townes (adram valley, modin valley, etc) are shardfall areas, and only people who are outdoors can see them occuring; we don't need people running around ganking newbies hunting spiders because 'lol shardfall'.
    That says more about you as a player then about if it would be awesome to have it. If you decide to "gank" a newbie hunting spider because of "lol shardfall" I will make sure that you are dealt with. Clearly, if you read my idea it was an example, it wasn't meant as: They will always start a shardfall with a fun twist in Caanae to make sure people "gank" newbies.
  • edited March 2013

Antrax said:
    That says more about you as a player then about if it would be awesome to have it. If you decide to "gank" a newbie hunting spider because of "lol shardfall" I will make sure that you are dealt with.
    Sadly, I'm speaking from experience. My first shardfall experience was back when I was hunting oysters in Sodiaur Lake as a mage novice. Before I could even leave the area, I ended up nearly getting the piss kicked out of me by Juran and Azefel. I survived by I think 2% health.
  • Caanae shardfalls can and have happened. They are very fun.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited March 2013
    Abigail said:
    Sadly, I'm speaking from experience. My first shardfall experience was back when I was hunting oysters in Sodiaur Lake as a mage novice. Before I could even leave the area, I ended up nearly getting the piss kicked out of me by Juran and Azefel. I survived by I think 2% health.
    I suspect either Juran or Azefel would one shot a mage novice.
  • If you survived it was very likely because they allowed you to.