Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Abigail said:
    Lionas said:
    Fingers-in-ears syndrome is another reason for the continued negative reaction you receive.
    Yes! How dare I not pay attention to trolls! Shame on me, right?
    You have asked for input, so that you can understand why people react they way they do. When people give it to you, you refuse to listen to it - either you denegrade the people responding, or make emo-posts about how they aren't worth listening.

I'm officially done with you.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited February 2013
    It's one of the best ways to solve it in Imperian, actually.

• edited February 2013
    Abigail said:

Lionas said:
    I'm having a personal conflict with someone! Time to bash this person publicly to get folks who don't know me or the conflict to agree with my one-sided argument to reaffirm my self esteem!

That would carry water, if we had any meaningful interaction outside of the forums.

EDIT: While it isn't explicitly called out in the current version of the forum rules, "Fixed" posts are generally not permitted.
  • edited February 2013
    Selthis said:

It sounds like once Gurn crawled off the "won't someone think of the children" cross,

Was I inaccurate? Once you got over some belief  that everyone had to participate and thus be griefed out of the game and instead you focused on the part you were interested in (fighting other combatants), you sort of found some middle ground and killed Sarrius and I think Septus?

Just because you assume some people aren't made of sterner stuff doesn't mean they are indeed  wilting flowers.

I responded to that. I'm not hurt about it, I'm just pointing out that the way things are stated on the forums assume people have pretty thick skin. Was the way this was stated unnecessary to get its point across? Of course not. All that was needed was, "Once Gurn didn't talk about others being involved", or even a "Once all parties began to agree on point X..." 

The way things are stated on the forums are the way a bunch of really good male friends talk to each other, that is to say, with insults thrown around haphazardly, bringing up people's pasts to laugh about it, which is all in good fun when you're with a group of close friends. The problem is, we're not. I'm not part of Bellatores or Apoloc's clan or any of those things. I don't feel the same way as when my friend calls me a stupid prick as to when a random stranger on the internet does.

I think that's what we're forgetting. I know a lot of you are good friends, and can do this to each other freely, and see this as normal, but to many of us who aren't part of that, it feels like we're being attacked. 
  • Fair enough

• Azefel said:
    No. You don't 'deal with it'.

It is absurd to suggest that lying down and letting people do whatever they feel like to you is a valid solution to any problem.

• Abigail said:

Azefel said:
    No. You don't 'deal with it'.

It is absurd to suggest that lying down and letting people do whatever they feel like to you is a valid solution to any problem.
    Good lord, can you please cut the PC After School Special schtick? It is absolutely beyond impractical. This is the internet, a place of anonymity and bitterness. I'm not even being comedic. Your optimistic view of how Imperian should work is just something that nobody agrees with, nobody wants to agree with, and nobody really wants to hear. Your attitude when arguing with people makes people even less likely to be civil or willing to speak with you besides to point out every fault of the way you think this game should be run or occur.

You are playing a world governed by more viewpoints than your own - move over, get used to it, or get trampled.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    when Victor calls me a prick, I kill him anyway :)
  • edited February 2013
    Sarrius said:
    Maybe nobody wants to hear it. But I don't treat everyone like garbage. I don't blindly dismiss people's opinions as whining or trolling. I don't ignore people unless I have a very good reason to do so.

I make inferences based on the grounds of common sense and reasoning, formulate an opinion based on those inferences, and post it publicly for discussion.

You don't have to like it. I don't like it when it rains on my birthday. It rains anyway. Clouds form and precipitation happens. People have have opinions and thus express them to others. These are simple mechanisms of the universe and they do not respond to our wishes.

• Abigail said:
    Maybe nobody wants to hear it. But I don't treat everyone like garbage. I don't blindly dismiss people's opinions as whining or trolling. I don't ignore people unless I have a very good reason to do so.

I make inferences based on the grounds of common sense and reasoning, formulate an opinion based on those inferences, and post it publicly for discussion.

You don't have to like it. I don't like it when it rains on my birthday. It rains anyway. Clouds form and precipitation happens. People have have opinions and thus express them to others. These are simple mechanisms of the universe and they do not respond to our wishes.
    Er, you've been treating everyone who disagrees with you pretty crappily. You haven't been responding in collected, logical posts, you've been doing things like... Well... Replacing people's arguments with a .gif(can we please stop posting so many gifs so it doesn't take forever to load a page? :( ).

Please. If you want to be respected, treat others with the same respect. You're not doing that right now. Your behaviour is only undermining your attempt to make people be kinder.
  • The way you deliver your opinion is particularly incensing, because you tend to behave like an absolute victim when all you do is antagonize people with your insistence for fairness. If you want to be treated well, maybe you should try not to act like somebody that we all absolutely have no choice but to feel increasing hatred for with your every word. Have you ever read the things you post?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Gurn said:
    Please. If you want to be respected, treat others with the same respect. You're not doing that right now. Your behaviour is only undermining your attempt to make people be kinder.
    I don't respect bandwagons.

• (can we please stop posting so many gifs so it doesn't take forever to load a page? :( ).

You've got to stop trying to view web pages from your toaster friend. :(
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”

• (can we please stop posting so many gifs so it doesn't take forever to load a page? :( ).

You've got to stop trying to view web pages from your toaster oven friend. :(

It's a toaster oven, thank you. >=(
  • Abigail said:
    Gurn said:
    I don't respect bandwagons.

You wonder why people react poorly to your posts, and then you do things like this. Knock it off.
  • Lalaith said:
    You wonder why people react poorly to your posts, and then you do things like this. Knock it off.
    Okay, what else do you call a group of people getting together to target a specific person for harassment?
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    Abigail said:
    Lalaith said:
    Okay, what else do you call a group of people getting together to target a specific person for harassment?
    As far as this situation goes involving you and the world?

Adults.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    inb4 there can be no reconciliation (possibly bold and/or with bigger font)
  • ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Abigail said:
    Lalaith said:
    You are not being harassed on the forums. You behave in an extraordinarily reactive manner and refuse to take even the most sincere, well-intentioned advice. Frankly, you are behaving like an over-emotional twelve year old having a tantrum at their mother. Like Lalaith said: knock it off.
  • I <3 sellall. It is amazing. I <3@Eusto.

@Eusto:
  • Lionas said:
    I <3 sellall. It is amazing. I <3@Eusto.

@Eusto:
    I don't date boys who wear fedoras. But thank you for your praise.
  • Now this is a perfect case of Lionas being a victim. 
  • edited February 2013

Take note, folks: this is what happens when you try and convince people that treating each other with respect is a good idea.

I guess reinforcing forum cliques and bandwagon bullying is more important than common sense and decency.

• Eusto said:
    Lionas said:
    I <3 sellall. It is amazing. I <3@Eusto.

@Eusto:
    I don't date boys who wear fedoras. But thank you for your praise.
    I'm going to go curl up in my hammock-bed and cry myself to sleep. I hope my soaked scarf will keep you up tonight.
  • Lionas said:
    I'm going to go curl up in my hammock-bed and cry myself to sleep. I hope my soaked scarf will keep you up tonight.
    Do you mean your cravat?
  • How am I supposed to get the goddamn honey for Lionas' overly picky stomach IF I CAN'T POKE THE HIVE, EUSTO?

Trying to put me out of business. Always going after the small business owner. Must have stock in Wal-Mart.
  • Xeron said:
    How am I supposed to get the goddamn honey for Lionas' overly picky stomach IF I CAN'T POKE THE HIVE, EUSTO?

Trying to put me out of business. Always going after the small business owner. Must have stock in Wal-Mart.
    Clearly I owe you a refund.