Skip to content

Can someone explain the counter play here?

Not really sure what I can do to not die to this, note I'm about 20 off of Max Hp. Aside from that the only affliction I have is intoxicating that I got from hitting him.

Health:471 Mana:335 (e-) k
Khalil leaps from the shadows and plunges a sitara into your unsuspecting back!
You are confused as to the effects of the toxin.
Your head stops spinning as the effect of the intoxicating venom wears off.
You are too stunned to be able to do anything.
Health:327 Mana:335 (e-) k
Health:327 Mana:335 (e-)
You are again able to use a warchant.
Health:327 Mana:335 (e-) k
An elusive spider frantically flounders about in the water.
Khalil takes a drink from a chestnut vial.
You have recovered balance.
Health:327 Mana:335 (eb) k
Health:327 Mana:335 (eb) k
Your face feels as though it is on fire, as a rabid ghoul bites your cheek off.
Health:282 Mana:335 (eb) k

A slight chill runs down your spine as Khalil's eyes flash brightly, staring around in an unblinking
gaze. Muscles rippling and quivering, he sinks into a strange stance, knife held out in a gesture of
defiance.
Khalil whips his arm downwards and looses a long dart, piercing your body and pinning you to the
ground.
Khalil's knife leaves a curving vision trail as it speeds into you, cutting a ravaged swath through
your flesh.
A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
Khalil's knife leaves a curving vision trail as it speeds into you, cutting a ravaged swath through
your flesh.
your flesh.
The final blow is too much for you, and you fall to the floor a broken, bloody mess.
You have been slain by Khalil.

Comments

• Predator is in a weird spot right now with asp mode. 

In a nutshell, it depends on their tactics and usage. You’ll need to track parry to protect your legs, you need to diag to keep the hidden affs handled, and you need to avoid going prone with a mangled limb. 

Depending on your profession, you also need to hinder spam when you see that eye flash, as it means blade surge is up and they will attack you four times.

Predators are usually fairly fragile, with lowish HP and minimal means of handling affliction dumps. It’s the initial jump you need to survive, then get situated and retaliate. Shield spam to heal limbs, leave if your limbs are getting weak, avoid the bladesurge, and damage/aff/hinder spam.
  • edited September 2020
    That literally answers nothing of what she asked.

To answer: Backstab is stopped by keeping track of where the Predator is, then SEARCHing if you see them in your room. They have to be hidden to use the ability. There's a small channel on it, so you can also hit them before it completes and force them to cure (or prone them).
  • Thank you both for the responses.