Skip to content

Anyone have a list of tells triggers?

As the title suggests, I'm genuinely just wanting to get the various trigger lines for all the tells, so I can more easily utilize yatco. That, and that would be nifty to have for funsies.

Thanks!

Comments

• GMCP is your friend.
  • GMCP capturing is definitely infinitely better.
  • I'm not sure what part of GMCP would capture that to be honest.

• gmcp.Comm
    You need to enable it on login.
  • If you don't want to deal with gmcp, you can set your tells to a specific fg/bg color and use a color trigger to capture it. 'Triggering' gmcp involves making a script, setting its name to a function you want to call inside that script (eg if script is named commCap then you want function commCap in the script), then add the specific gmcp you're triggering off of as a user defined event (in this case probably gmcp.Comm.Channel.Text). When that gmcp is updated, the matching function name of the script runs. All that matters is it works, and both ways will.
  • edited August 2020
    Gjarrus said:
    If you don't want to deal with gmcp, you can set your tells to a specific fg/bg color and use a color trigger to capture it.
    I did this to capture Deathsight to my channels mini console, and it worked gloriously. I would definitely second a simple color trigger if you're just looking for a basic unparsed capture. You can set so many colors these days, that it's super easy to trigger off something like Foreground 160 instead of the default red and never worry about it misfiring.

Edit: That said, GMCP is useful for doing things like auto gagging all of Arakis' market tells, without having to set up a trigger for every single one.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • Syna said:
    gmcp.Comm
    You need to enable it on login.
    Where I might just color code it (lol), I am curious. Would I just trigger on the "Welcome to Imperian" line something like gmcp.Comm = true?
    I'm still a...slightly experienced beginner when it comes to using GMCP. I only currently use it to check my location for an alias that calls said location on ring heh. And that requires no enabling, ya know what I mean?

• sendGMCP([[Core.Supports.Add ["Comm.Channel 1"] ]])

Send that through your method of choice after connecting, on the Welcome line works.