Skip to content

Daily Credit Discussion

edited November 2019 in New Ideas
Hello, all! I'm making this thread as a general discussion of Daily Credit generation.

The sort of feedback I'm looking for here includes comments on the current methods of generation (do they work? are they broken? are some too easy? some too hard?) as well as suggestions for new methods of generation. Keep in mind when suggesting new methods that the goal here is still for the full generation of all 20 credits to take somewhere between 1 and 2 hours (closer to the 2 hour side than the 1 hour side) for all players.

With that laid out, let's hear some feedback!

The current methods of gaining Daily Credits as of the time of this post (or edit)  (2019-11-12 0334EST):
  • Killing bosses
  • Summoning a Plague
  • Controlling a Monolith
  • Being a Champion
  • Killing mobiles (bashing)
  • Harvesting Shards in a Shardfall (reportedly broken since release)
  • Winning a Fight Club match
  • Losing a Fight Club match
  • Capturing a Leyline
  • Plundering a Caravan
  • Getting 90% or better toward a Fishing Record
  • Participating in a Maze Game
  • Participating in a Memory Game
  • Completing certain quests
  • Throwing a Chargebomb (to attack an Obelisk)
  • Capturing an Obelisk Node
  • Winning certain scheduled Arena Events
  • Completing spawnwave areas.
  • Participation in certain ToA games.
  • Receiving any new QHONORS (that you didn't previously have).
Added 2019-11-19
  • Being RECOGNISEd by another player
  • Having a design approved (can only be earned once per day)

Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote

Comments

• Shards have never worked. Suggestion: award credit for every x shards harvested and ignore whether or not it was from a shardfall.

Something for harvesting might be worthwhile. Maybe harvesting the maximum amount of plants so that it's at least somewhat fair to people who don't have terrarium and gloves.

It would also be nice if the spawnwaves that always give a certain amount of credits instead always gave a certain amount of additional credits. For example, doing Demon's Pass nets you 5 credits regardless if you do it first (which is always worth 5 credits) or last (which is normally worth 1 credit). If it were additional, the optimization wouldn't matter as much.

It would be nice if spawnwave credit for dailies was based on % experience instead of damage or kills. If I take people bashing with me, they aren't going to reach the threshhold at all.

• Chance of credits when catching butterflies. 1-5 depending on rarity/difficulty.
    Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
  • Harvesting herbs is a bit of a tough spot. For some folks it takes seconds to hit your max, for others upwards of 20 minutes. Because it varies just SO widely, it's tough for me to justify making it a dailycredit activity.

Butterflies is interesting, I'll see how easy that is to hook. I may have it handled at turnin instead of catch.

Shards: I'll look into how this currently works and see if it's a bug that I can track down. I definitely see some issues with the code right off the bat.

Spawnwave: We want people actually contributing to get the credits, but I also don't want to make it unduly hard on lower leveled players. I'll think about it, but I don't want to make it any easier to be "carried" to your daily credits without putting in effort. (Bosses already sort of work against that goal, though)
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Some ideas submitted to me via message or from discord folks too lazy to log into the forums, added here for discussion:

• Credit ticks for champion kills, with a per-target cooldown.
    • Design approval (once per RL day)
  • Eoghan said:
    [...]
    [...]
    Are the champions doing the killing, or are the champions being killed? Assuming the latter but wanted to make sure.
  • Valence said:
    Eoghan said:
    [...]
    [...]
    Are the champions doing the killing, or are the champions being killed? Assuming the latter but wanted to make sure.
    Yes. It would be for champion-on-champion violence.
  • Some way of rewarding roleplay would be a nice edition.
  • Eoghan said:

Yes. It would be for champion-on-champion violence.

Closest point of comparison on rewarding (daily) credits for PK would be the Fight Club. Perhaps daily credits for Champion-on-Champion violence can be tied to the CHALLENGE function, and given to the winner (and perhaps the loser as well) when it ends?
  • Eoghan said:
    Spawnwave: We want people actually contributing to get the credits, but I also don't want to make it unduly hard on lower leveled players. I'll think about it, but I don't want to make it any easier to be "carried" to your daily credits without putting in effort. (Bosses already sort of work against that goal, though)

Heavily artifact players with scepters, cards, etc will prevent others from contributing. I am happy to take people bashing with me, but I usually discourage them because the only thing they'll gain is experience. They will not, unless they're basically similarly equipped, manage to do enough or get enough kills to get full credit despite being present for the entire spawnwave and doing their best to contribute. Really, most players that come bashing with me are like lion cards, but worse; they normally won't get a chance to attack, let alone get a kill, but sometimes they finish something I almost killed, except without resetting my law card.

I understand not wanting people to be carried, but it simply sucks when there are people that mutually want to spend time with me, but then feel obligated to tell them that the best use of their time is to go off on their own if they want to earn dailies.
  • Rokas said:
    Eoghan said:

Heavily artifact players with scepters, cards, etc will prevent others from contributing. I am happy to take people bashing with me, but I usually discourage them because the only thing they'll gain is experience. They will not, unless they're basically similarly equipped, manage to do enough or get enough kills to get full credit despite being present for the entire spawnwave and doing their best to contribute. Really, most players that come bashing with me are like lion cards, but worse; they normally won't get a chance to attack, let alone get a kill, but sometimes they finish something I almost killed, except without resetting my law card.

I understand not wanting people to be carried, but it simply sucks when there are people that mutually want to spend time with me, but then feel obligated to tell them that the best use of their time is to go off on their own if they want to earn dailies.
    All of this: discouraging interaction in a game with 20-30 people playing at any given time is not promoting healthy good fun times. Unsure if there's a way to limit the credit payout if you're there and don't get the participatory mark, so there's SOME benefit outside of experience.
  • Hello, Imperian!

In the interest of stirring more personal interaction and RP between characters, we are introducing RP Recognition.

You may now RECOGNISE <player> <reason> to give recognition of roleplaying with daily credits! This will give one daily credit tick to the target. A few things that are important to note here:

- The recognition is purely OOC. You should feel open (and encouraged) to award this to members of other circles, not just your own.
    - The target must be online when you wish to recognise them. Try to be timely.
    - You may recognise up to five people per RL day (resetting at 000 GMT)
    - Any given player may only be recognised once per day, per circle, currently. This means that you can be recognised up to three times per day.
    - The reason for recognition is logged. If this feature is abused, then those abusing it will be punished.
    - This punishment will include being permanently banned from using the feature, as well as a fairly harsh secondary punishment. Don't abuse this.
    - Quid pro quo counts as abuse and you will find yourself banned.

Go forth, and cause more roleplay!
  • You may now earn daily credits for having a design approved. You can only earn this once per day.