Skip to content

Improving Imperian

1235»

Comments

• Naruj said:

This might or might not be true, but several people have told me that a lot of those all-time records were set when the system was still buggy and aren't achievable anymore.
    How dare you imply that there might be bugs!
  • Naruj said:
    Rokas said:
    Naruj said:
    Also related, would it be possible to reset the leaderboard? Even once a RL year or so, to give plenty of time for bragging rights and crowing about how great you are at bashing.
    I think of-all-time should remain, if not for the express purpose that some people are competing to beat them.
    This might or might not be true, but several people have told me that a lot of those all-time records were set when the system was still buggy and aren't achievable anymore.
    It's true, at least for mob kills.
  • Rokas said:
    Naruj said:
    Rokas said:
    Naruj said:
    Also related, would it be possible to reset the leaderboard? Even once a RL year or so, to give plenty of time for bragging rights and crowing about how great you are at bashing.
    I think of-all-time should remain, if not for the express purpose that some people are competing to beat them.
    It's true, at least for mob kills.
    I'm chasing that topmobkill the old fashion way!
  • So... out of curiosity... when are classleads being implemented?
  • They'll be posting their decisions 2 months ago.
  • Astarael said:

Lately it seems there's just been a lot of tension in the world. And I've been thinking recently about the raids. I think we all agree that some of the raid mehchanics don't work the best i.e. taking a city's tutors thereby affecting new players etc. I don't feel there's too much RP around the events from I'm from Magick or AM or Demonic and we're opposed to you so let's do this thing. So I have a suggestion I'd like to throw out there.

Current the raids work with having objectives taken from the city, and from the recent post the results are the guards attack you with less power the more objectives you have. What if each city was in charge of protecting a special orb or something i.e. a magick orb that helps strengthen magick in the world (I'm going to use magick examples to make it easier for me to explain) and similar ones for AM and Demonic. Now in some areas where you hunt you can get the line "(Affinity): Your Magick affinity is 93%. It is affected by In a Demonic area." If I were to lose protection of my orb magick affinity would say decrease by 5% in the world, anad if I were to have stolen someone elses ord and add it's power to mine, increase 5% in the world.

I'm hoping by making a subtle difference in understanding the purpose of raiding might help people not take things too personally?

I'm like the worst person at understanding coding in the world, but most of the stuff is there already so could it be done with a little tweaking? What do you guys think of this idea?

Delete leylines as well. They are dumb.
  • Leylines could be improved if they both took much longer to change and if players of the current controlling circle were informed of the attempt to change at the -beginning- of the action rather than when it was done.

That way there could actually be a fight over it.
  • Leylines are a shard sink designed to make you care about going to shardfalls. No leylines would ever change if you got warning, though, because of the hill (I've trolled this way while camping leylines).

IMO I'd drop affinity penalties to below 90% and look at the flares. I also wish there was a cosmetic effect on the area.
  • Astarael said:

Lately it seems there's just been a lot of tension in the world. And I've been thinking recently about the raids. I think we all agree that some of the raid mehchanics don't work the best i.e. taking a city's tutors thereby affecting new players etc. I don't feel there's too much RP around the events from I'm from Magick or AM or Demonic and we're opposed to you so let's do this thing. So I have a suggestion I'd like to throw out there.

Current the raids work with having objectives taken from the city, and from the recent post the results are the guards attack you with less power the more objectives you have. What if each city was in charge of protecting a special orb or something i.e. a magick orb that helps strengthen magick in the world (I'm going to use magick examples to make it easier for me to explain) and similar ones for AM and Demonic. Now in some areas where you hunt you can get the line "(Affinity): Your Magick affinity is 93%. It is affected by In a Demonic area." If I were to lose protection of my orb magick affinity would say decrease by 5% in the world, anad if I were to have stolen someone elses ord and add it's power to mine, increase 5% in the world.

I'm hoping by making a subtle difference in understanding the purpose of raiding might help people not take things too personally?

I'm like the worst person at understanding coding in the world, but most of the stuff is there already so could it be done with a little tweaking? What do you guys think of this idea?

Hi Astarael!

i like the idea, and I’d want to make a subtle change to the mechanics. 

Flip around the benefits/penalties so the hostaging city suffers the penalty, as they now possess a great artifact of (magick/null/demonic) power that warps their familiar surroundings. A city must diminish in power the more items they steal from raiding, and a city possessing ALL opposing items/objectives should be precariously perched on the edge of defeat as conflicting artifacts, political prisoners, and statues of opposing beliefs reside in the city. 

Thematically, imagine if WW2 Australia stole Hitler’s spokesperson, and a giant Nazi statue, then proudly paraded them about Sydney as a giant “neener neener” to Germany. The spokesperson would secretly cause trouble and unrest, the statue would make locals uncomfortable, and the whole display would feel WRONG despite the damage to German morale. 

Mechanically, you must avoid the positive feedback loop of “the powerful get more power” that @septus mentions quite a bit, and encourage cities to actually get their stuff back. The victorious city with the most successful raids already receives money and credits for the high score, so there’s no other reason to provide additional reward. 

In fact...I bet we could flip around the current system of raiding used today and see more positive engagement. Kinsarmar hostages Lyria from Khandava? Then Kinsarmar guards are troubled by the political manipulations of Lyria, making them attack slower while she’s in Kinsarmar. Kinsarmar then steals Khandava’s standard and statue? The distraction is such that guards in Kinsarmar won’t even react to invaders...the city riots, the guards are corrupt and paid off, enemies easily enter and harass citizens with the confusion and conflict. Kinsarmar is akin to Rome, drunk on their own success and growing sloppy...until the Tundra Savages and Blighted Demoners reclaim their people and possessions, thus renewing the resolve of Kinsarmar. 

• Gjarrus said:
    Leylines are a shard sink designed to make you care about going to shardfalls. No leylines would ever change if you got warning, though, because of the hill (I've trolled this way while camping leylines).

IMO I'd drop affinity penalties to below 90% and look at the flares. I also wish there was a cosmetic effect on the area.
    I would also consider making it harder to actually flip leylines. Someone being able to take a beating while flipping one is kind of dumb. Maybe even add a cooldown on how often you can flip one since SOME PEOPLE like to hoard shards and run around flipping ALL of the leylines to a specific circle when no one is around to actually contest them. Would also make it take longer to do so.
  • edited May 2019
    Get rid of the ransom mechanic. You murder the mobs or trash the items. The city has to rebuild the items or revive the slain which takes X time, gold and resources.

• Eochaid said:
    Get rid of the ransom mechanic. You murder the mobs or trash the items. The city has to rebuild the items or revive the slain which takes X time, gold and resources.

Or make it so they can't be killed so that people can't just off the hostage they have if they are being raided. (and same thing for defending against tutor being stolen btw)
  • edited May 2019
    Treyden said:
    Eochaid said:

Or make it so they can't be killed so that people can't just off the hostage they have if they are being raided. (and same thing for defending against tutor being stolen btw)
    The fact that this is a thing is dumb. It should be changed. You shouldn't be able to totally dismantle a raid by killing the objective or using avalanche to block the exit in the last 5 minutes - mind you, I've never encountered that before, so maybe it was never looked at because no one ever did things like that.
  • Hasn't been a race stone promo in ages.

Any chance of making the race stones as standard credit buy ins?
  • @Eochaid never! Nyah, hahahaa
  • So about that token change.
  • @Jeremy Saunders
    @Eoghan
    @Dec

How much do we need to raise to get a day to smash out some bugs and issues? 
    I have had three months go by with my Iron Elite giving me Tokens that I can't even really use now.

One way or another, there won't be a fourth.
  • Tokens are periodically converted to credits until we completely remove them from the system. Anything that gives tokens right now is effectively giving 33 credits.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • If it isn't a tremendous overhaul, would it be possible to have keywords appear on mobs when probed? Or add it as a secondary function of some other skill like DISCERN if you want to keep probe more RP focused.

I am starting to realize that nothing is actually an animal in this game, at least not in the bashing areas that I regularly frequent.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • ARTIFACTS LIST to list all of the player's artifacts in a column. Maybe make it so that with MXP on, the player could click the number or name to effectively WP or P the artifact.

• @Edon wants click to probe. Got it.  B)
  • Ryse said:
    @Edon wants click to probe. Got it.  B)
    I mean, it would be nifty, but mostly I just wanna be able to ARTIFACT LIST to find them easier and see what's going on. Also, something like ARTIFACT SEARCH GLAIVE, as an example, so artifacts are easier to locate based on keywords that may be attached to them, like health, weapon, balance, instant level 100, stuff like that.

(that instant level thing was a joke)

Just stopping by here to mention we still have this token mess.  It's been almost a year with no further action taken to correct this situation.
  • edited July 2020
    I was wondering why I got Tokens of the Creator with my elite, when they're apparently useless now.
    Eoghan said:
    Tokens are periodically converted to credits until we completely remove them from the system. Anything that gives tokens right now is effectively giving 33 credits.
    Should have gotten 166 credits from elite if this was the case!

• Syna said:
    I was wondering why I got Tokens of the Creator with my elite, when they're apparently useless now.
    Eoghan said:
    Tokens are periodically converted to credits until we completely remove them from the system. Anything that gives tokens right now is effectively giving 33 credits.
    Should have gotten 166 credits from elite if this was the case!

They're not 100% useless.  They never moved all of the TOKEN WARES.  But they may as well be, as far as I am I concerned, and there's been no further action to correct this that we've seen from them.