Skip to content

Bina and Osilpe trying to set me up at the Shuk

So we were just minding our own business at the Shuk when Osilpe decided to attack me. I killed her after giving warnings but hey, I've got mixed feelings about this mostly because I am being contested right now. A part of me feels like issuing because this is looks so much like a setup and some f-ed up metagaming ish may be going on here, a part of me just wants to leave Antioch. What are your thoughts on this?

Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden snarls angrily at you and moves in for the kill.

Antioch Shuk.

You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, and northwest.

You narrow your eyes at Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden in an unnerving manner.

Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden withdraws a sharply curved shell from the folds of her robe and sweeps it across your mid-section, slicing your gut open.

You say to Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden, "What is wrong with you?"

In a flash of annoyance, Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden runs the edge of a sharpened shell across your face, blinding you with your own blood.

This young lamiran maiden has a noble bearing and proud features. Her skin is tinged with blues of every shade, from aqua to rich sapphire that deepens to a lush purple around her limbs. Her head is ridged with pearlescent scales that glisten pink and gold. She wears a simple robe of white, belted at her waist with a rope of pearls. Her features bear the freshness of her youth, but they show more strength than beauty.

Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden seems strong and confident.

It weighs about 150 pounds.

You see nothing in it.

Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden removes the rope of pearls from her waist and wraps it around your neck to choke you.

You say to Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden, "This is your last warning."

In a flash of annoyance, Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden runs the edge of a sharpened shell across your face, blinding you with your own blood.

You step in quickly with a slash across Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden's torso.

You have scored a surprisingly effective hit!

Damage dealt: 159 Remaining: 0.00%

The final blow is too much, you have slain Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden.

You pick up the corpse.

You quickly flow into the Ein-Fasit stance.

Balance Taken: 2.00s

You shake your head sadly.

Bina, the blind narrows her eyes at you in an unnerving manner.

Bina, the blind says to you, "I hope you didn't just do what I think you did..."

You say to Bina, the blind, "She attacked me first. I simply defended myself."

Bina, the blind turns to look in the direction where Osilpe once was, her face turned up in disgust, as if she can sense the maiden's absence.

Bina, the blind says to you, "How noble of you."

You give the corpse of Osilpe, the Lamiran maiden to Bina, the blind.

Bina, the blind spits in your face.

Bina, the blind returns to her position nearby in the Shuk, scowling miserably.

You shrug helplessly.

You mutter, "The blind hag must o. ..nt crazy wh.. .hey kidnapped he.."

Kamaylie's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon smiles and says, "Hello!"

You flash Kamaylie a joyous smile.

Bina, the blind says to you, "I'm sorry, boy, please speak up."

Bina, the blind says to you, "I'm not sure everyone here heard you call me a hag."

You say to Bina, the blind, "As I am sure everyone saw you spit in my face."

Bina, the blind exclaims to you, "You murdered her!"

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon asks you, "Did you really call her a hag?"

Kamaylie blinks.

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says, "What just happened?"

You say to Bina, the blind, "She attacked me?"

Bina, the blind exclaims to Kamaylie, "This crazy fool murdered Osilpe, right here in the city!"

Kamaylie creases her brow in a frown.

You say, "I have witnesses. I gave Osilpe three warnings before I did so."

Mehmed nods his head in agreement.

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says to you, "You should know by now that we do not attack our own."

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says to Bina, the blind, "Do you know why she attacked him?"

You say to Kamaylie, "Our own shouldn't attack us either."

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says to you, "Violence doesn't solve anything."

Bina, the blind says to Kamaylie, "I'm sure he provoked her somehow! Obviously I didn't -see- it. I just heard the boy shouting some crazy warnings to her."

Bina, the blind exclaims to you, "You can't just do as you please here! We have laws!"

You say to Kamaylie, "Tell that to Osilpe."

Sir Mehmed Ashtear, the Brave says, "Maybe she was sharpening her shell on his Stone body."

You say to Bina, the blind, "Of course we do. Have I ever laid my hands on you? Was I not present when we rescued you from Kinsarmar?"

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says to you, "There must have been a reason. I'll need to speak to her."

You nod your head.

You say, "Please do."

You say, "She just walked in here and decided to attack me."

Bina, the blind exclaims to you, "That's preposterous!"

You say, "I gave her three warnings and then, well... she perished."

Mehmed points accusingly at a bucket.

You say, "She kicked the bucket."

You nod your acknowledgement of Mehmed.

Bina, the blind exclaims to Kamaylie, "He must have done something to her, I know it!"

You give a pained sigh.

Bina, the blind exclaims to you, "This isn't a joke, you CHILD!"

You say to Bina, the blind, "It isn't."

You say to Bina, the blind, "I am not joking."

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says, "Are you sure it isn't that...you walked in and...Osilpe is always here, she's not one who likes to leave Bina on her own and I think he prefers the Shuk to most places..."

You say to Bina, the blind, "Just because we both live within the confines of these walls does notmean that I will hesitate to slit anyone's throat if I am attacked. We should all have the right to self defense."

Kamaylie blinks.

An elite Justicar of the Shah says to Kamaylie, "My apologies, Farah, but my men and I did not observe this attack. Our attention was drawn elsewhere at the time."

Bina, the blind says, "Oh, just wonderful! The only witness alive is blind. Poor Osilpe..."

Bina, the blind wrings her hands in nervous anxiety.

You say to Kamaylie, "And for some reason, after a while, she just decided to attack me."

You say to Bina, the blind, "Actually, you are forgetting about Mehmed and Verrex."

You say to Bina, the blind, "They have been present the entire time."

Verrex says, "I've been standing here the whole time."

You say to Bina, the blind, "And they are not blind."

Bina, the blind says to Verrex, "And so what did you see?"

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says to you, "That's not how we do things here. We don't attack our own. When issues arise, better leave if you want to use force to retaliate, tell us and we deal with it."

You purse your lips in contemplation, examining Kamaylie with intent.

Verrex says to Bina, the blind, "Dhali standing here with Mehmed and myself. Out of no where She attacked him. He gave his warnings. Then defended himself."

You say to Kamaylie, "I gave warnings. Please let's not exaggerate on this. What is this madness?"

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says, "Looks like Osilpe needs to explain herself upon her return from Dis."

Kamaylie gives you a nod of acknowledgement.

Bina, the blind exclaims, "IF she returns! You never know! That might have been her last breath!"

Sir Mehmed Ashtear, the Brave says to Bina, the blind, "She started beating him with her shell and choking him with her pearls out of nowhere. he gave his warnings, but she didn?t listen."

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says to Bina, the blind, "It's not the first time...do not be worried Bina, she will return to us safe and sound I am sure. Probably upset though..."

Verrex says to Kamaylie, "Please I do not mean to sound rude but we are not allowed to defend ourselves from an attack from one of our own?"

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says to Verrex, "Because that usually only escalate things further."

Bina, the blind exclaims to Kamaylie, "She wouldn't have just started attacking him for no reason! She wouldn't!"

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says, "Citizens are not to bring harm to each other, it is part of our tenets and laws."

You say, "I am starting to be concerned."

Verrex says, "Yeah this is almost looking like a setup here."

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says to Verrex, "Does that mean I would bring charges on someone defending themself...highly doubt it. From what we currently know, it appears proper warnings were given, and something just went awfully wrong."

Bina, the blind snorts arrogantly at Verrex.

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says, "Let's not speculate."

Bina, the blind says, "A setup? Yes, the blind old woman and the young maiden are working together to set up a boy for murder."

Bina, the blind throws her hands up in frustration, muttering and murmuring something vulgar under her breath.

Verrex says to Bina, the blind, "Why not? With how you are acting right now? Getting hostile on a witness?"

Bina, the blind whirls around, somehow fixating her glass eyes directly upon the spot where something stands.

You say, "A boy."

You say, "Perhaps not."

Verrex says to Bina, the blind, "She did just attack a man who just standing here minding his own business."

You say, "But a Grand Master who is currently in the middle of an election."

You look about yourself, rubbing your chin thoughtfully.

Bina, the blind says to Bina, the blind, "I don't care who you are! I have -socks- older than you."

Kamaylie Pyralis, Radiant Beacon says to you, "Well hm...when we consider your age, compared to mine or Bina's..."

Bina, the blind exclaims to Bina, the blind, "If anything, such a -man- shouldn't be guilty of murdering other people on the streets!"

Bina, the blind exclaims to you, "It doesn't speak to the nature of the Axioun that a Grand Master would do such a thing in the first place!"

You say, "What? Defend himself?"

Bina, the blind says to you, "Can't you restrain yourself? Walk away? Allow time for things to cool down?"

Bina, the blind exclaims to you, "Do you kill -everything- that upsets you?!"

Verrex says to Bina, the blind, "There is a difference between something upsetting him and something ATTACKING him."

You shake your head at Verrex.

You say to Verrex, "I am starting to believe there's no point."

Bina, the blind exclaims to Verrex, "Yes. A young woman attacked the Grand Master and his only possible recourse was violence. Can you imagine if she had scratched his face? The HORROR!"

You say to Bina, the blind, "Does it matter whether it was a woman or a man?"

Bina, the blind says to you, "You just don't have any morals at all, do you?"

You say to Bina, the blind, "I evidently do. I haven't touched you, have I?"

You say to Bina, the blind, "Does it matter whether it was a woman or a man?"

Bina, the blind gathers her things hastily, some items spilling from her arms. She turns to face the east, pursing her lips in careful contemplation.

Bina, the blind says, "I'm sorry, I just -cannot-."

Bina leave east to collect some more fava beans.

Comments

• [  Joining Bina in her hiding place moments later... ]

You say to Bina, the blind, "Are you alright?"

Bina, the blind sits in the gardens, weeping softly into her hands.

Kamaylie sits on the ground next to be Bina.

Bina, the blind exclaims to you, "Not at all, Farah. Not at all!"

You say to Bina, the blind, "I understand, this must have been horrible to hear."

Bina, the blind exclaims to you, "He is so rude! So spiteful!"

Bina, the blind says to you, "And I'm sure she must have had a reason to attack him..."

Bina, the blind says, "The things I've witnessed... the horrors of being trapped in a prison cell, hearing how others are tortured..."

Bina, the blind shakes and quivers, clearly disturbed.

You say to Bina, the blind, "Dhali...has his own issues, and does not seem to deal well with confrontation. It wasn't right of him to kill her, but at least he did ask her to stop many times..it doesn't excuse what he did..but I wonder why Osilpe couldn't help herself..."

You say, "It is so unlike her."

You laughingly say, "I mean...I felt her pearls around my neck before...she does have a nice grip."

You say, "But...it was my fault, I had something on me that just made her lose control of herself. I never blamed her for that..."

Bina, the blind nods her head slowly.

Bina, the blind says, "You could -control- yourself. You weren't just a MONSTER."

You say, "Not everyone seems to know how to deal with these circumstances...it appears we still have a lot of teaching to do."

Bina, the blind says to you, "I'm just so tired, Farah..."

Bina, the blind sniffles softly.

You wrap a comforting arm around Bina, the blind.

Bina, the blind says, "Every morning I wake up, wondering if I will be captured again."

Bina, the blind exclaims, "I'm too old to feel so paranoid all the time!"

You say to Bina, the blind, "You know we won't let that happen, right? You know we will always do our best to protect you, and so will our guards."

Bina, the blind exclaims to Bina, the blind, "Do you think a person like Dhali makes me feel -safe-?!"

Bina, the blind says, "A person like that... so uncaring, so cold."

You say, "After what just happened, I understand why he wouldn't make you feel so...but if I may...if he can deal in such a way toward a non-enemy, imagine what he could do to an actual enemy..."

You say, "Knowing him though...not sure he will be quick on his toes to protect you now that you spat to his face... it will take him some time to get over it, if he does."

Bina, the blind nods slowly.

Bina, the blind says, "I'm sure you're right."

Bina, the blind says, "I just need some time alone, I think. To cool down..."

Bina, the blind wipes her nose with her sleeve, sniffling softly.

You say to Bina, the blind, "Alright...I will let you be. If you need anything, please let me know?"

You say, "And...do you want me to post one or two guards at the entrance just in case?"

Bina, the blind says, "I suppose you should..."

Bina, the blind gives a pained sigh.

You say to Bina, the blind, "I just want you to feel safe...if you do, there is no need for it."

Bina, the blind says, "No, I just wish I didn't need the protection at all."

You say, "I understand...Perhaps we should make you some bullet-like beans and...a bean thrower straw type of thing."

Bina, the blind smirks.

Bina, the blind says, "I might have trouble with my aim, though."

You say, "You could hide them in your basket among the others...and...right...that was silly of me...sound is one thing, but probably not enough unless they are far from stealthy..."

Bina, the blind grins and nods.

You say, "I'd give you a sabre that you could just swing around but then...you could mistakenly hurt people you care for..."

You say, "I'll do some digging....do you remember how you lost your eyes?"

Bina, the blind says, "I'd rather not talk about that."

Bina, the blind shudders violently.

Bina, the blind says, "Especially not on a day like this one."

You say, "No worries, and sorry for bringing it up...I should have been more sensible about it."

Bina, the blind waves her hand airily in a gesture of dismissal.

You say, "I'll discuss with my tribe's healer... perhaps...perhaps there is some way the spirits could help you."

You say, "Ok...I best get going and respect your wish. I'll send two guards to the entrance until you are ready to join us again at the Shuk."
  • Is this real life?
  • I don't want to be the one that yells: "they're out to get me" but I really think that this type of RP should not occur during an election as it could potentially influence it or allow the opponents to raise their finger at me and tell everyone that I've made Bina cry, oh, what a bad Antiochian I've been. It just portrays Dhali as a monster, especially if Bina - someone with such heritage, does this. 
  • edited July 2019
    Dhali said:

So we were just minding our own business at the Shuk when Osilpe decided to attack me. I killed her after giving warnings but hey, I've got mixed feelings about this mostly because I am being contested right now. A part of me feels like issuing because this is looks so much like a setup and some f-ed up metagaming ish may be going on here, a part of me just wants to leave Antioch. What are your thoughts on this?

I think it's just a bit of rp really and it has nothing to do with you being contested as far as I can tell. Not sure why Osilpe attacked or anything, that point I just haven't figured out since well...you killed her and she hasn't returned yet to play her part in the story.

It looks weird that she attacked out of the blue, I grant you that...but the whole Bina snapping, considering her background and story, makes total sense. Antioch is supposed to be a safe haven and that threatened that feeling of safety. Usually, people will just leave the room for a bit and return when things have cooled off. At least the guards were too distracted to defend her (do not defend non-loyals) so you weren't killed in the process? :sweat_smile:
  • edited July 2019
    Osilpe is not loyal to Antioch so the guards wouldn't have reasons to defend her. Also, there was a guardstack present there. If this is sound rp then there is no reason why they should not heard/seen the altercation. It makes sense, I mean, you can justify her reaction somewhat but still... 
  • What if @Dhali is secretly @Kamaylie in disguise?
  • On this episode of Days of Our Lives - Antioch Edition...
  • Wow Arach I made almost the same comment OOC in game!
  • Verrex said:
    Wow Arach I made almost the same comment OOC in game!
    It's the only thing I thought of reading those logs from Kamaylie and Dhali. It felt like I was reading some bad soap opera.
  • @Arach discovers his Antiochian heritage and that he is next in line for the throne. @Kamaylie knows this and tries to prevent it by hiring an assassin named @Iabella who turns out to be the wife of @Rhyse, the only sane member of the Antiochian council. In the meantime, @Bix discovers that he is the son of @Ruga and not in line for the throne, because why would he be? But this doesn't stop the nefarious @Asmund from weaving political intrigues by crafting a fake family tree stating that @Bix is indeed the true heir.
  • Lartus said:
    @Arach discovers his Antiochian heritage and that he is next in line for the throne. @Kamaylie knows this and tries to prevent it by hiring an assassin named @Iabella who turns out to be the wife of @Rhyse, the only sane member of the Antiochian council. In the meantime, @Bix discovers that he is the son of @Ruga and not in line for the throne, because why would he be? But this doesn't stop the nefarious @Asmund from weaving political intrigues by crafting a fake family tree stating that @Bix is indeed the true heir.
    Oddly enough, Arach actually is from Antioch.
  • Don't forget, she is blind! She should've felt the vibrations or senses that Osilpe was the aggressor hehehe
  • Not going to say too much right now, but I can say that Osilpe was not controlled by a volunteer or made to attack Dhali.  Of that I am positive.  There are various methods that a mob can be made hostile through no action of your own (e.g. amulet of warding random flare), but I have only eliminated certain possibilities at this point. 

As for the reaction from Bina, it may have gone too far, but from the perspective of someone that thought Dhali had just up and killed someone else for no reason, they may have been upset.  I don't think there was any intent to harm Dhali's election, but was more of an honest attempt to RP outrage.  That outrage may have been misplaced, but RP is hard, and mistakes can be made.  Although we want to strive to ensure that volunteers learn from mistakes, do keep in mind that it's generally good to at least attempt to get your facts straight before going on a public shaming mission.  I'm not saying you can't, but remember that it is very hard to encourage volunteers to do spontaneous RP if it's met with knee-jerk posts about how horrible their motivations are as a person if they don't do it perfectly.  
  • I get your point and I'm happy to hear that. Although it is a bit unexplainable how that happened since we have idled at the Shuk for 10-15 minutes before Osilpe actually decided to attack. There was no provocation and nothing triggered her. As soon as she died, Bina had that reaction. That's why, you know, it kind of seemed like it was staged. I completely understand that RP mistakes can be made and I do enjoy engaging into RP with volunteers, however, there's also the side where we try to build our character's reputation since the day we create them and if such events occur during an election, well... it may impact the character's image, especially if you have a trustworthy denizen such as Bina. And we spend money and time on that character. Now, I do want to encourage volunteers to RP but I also feel that if the RP is aggressive and it can impact my character's reputation, I should also be allowed to bring it up without being judged for bringing it up. It was not a knee-jerk reaction. I simply thought that it could be staged and I should make it public in order to get it checked. If that was the case, I also thought that other players should be aware of this. I'm glad it's been looked into! Thanks.
  • Another wonderful day in what else is jacked up in Imperian
  • Jack fruit.
  • Well...
     For me at least it was pretty fun Rp, though some thought it was too dramatic. Some people overreact, so why should RP  characters be any different? 
     Also, I think you should take an account that she is  Blind so her perception will be  different .this is speaking as a  person with terrible eyesight, so I can sort of understand her reaction 
     I’m trying to say this in the nicest way possible, but I really don’t think there is a giant evil conspiracy against you and you are just overreacting. Just because  It is RP that you do not like, does not mean that it is bad RP. There would be no suspense if there was no risk of your characters losing reputation or whatever else it is and no one should be exempt, no matter how much they decide to spend 
  • I've seen Osilpe attack people on two other accounts, I once removed @Meredyth from the Shuk after watching her be attacked for a period of time, and then Isayana left the room after being randomly attacked as well.