Skip to content

How to renew the spark?

Hey folks!

I’m kind of in a slump with regards to Imperian, and wanted to see how you each handle that inevitable waning of interest. Should I roll a new profession? Change Ryse to another class (in light of the painful Defiler nerfs)? 

What do you guys do?

Comments

• Well, personally for me regarding radiance-its not something that'll prevent me from playing the class as there's such versatility in it, even though radiance had two major drawbacks that it didn't need a change into something grossly useless as was the purpose of the report given the options that had obvious red flags and screamed "delete radiance".  You can still make Defiler work imo as the class really isn't meant for PvE at all having been on the receiving end of it myself. It's more of having to redo your strategies, in essence of adapting to it. So I wouldn't suggest that the class be completely dropped. In doing so, you're not doing the profession any justice that's why there are class leads.  There's also absolutely nothing wrong with picking up another class and learning it as long as you keep in mind that it could be the same thing with the next. Stay positively you, squidworth!
  • I have taken breaks from imperian when I don't feel like playing. You are not obligated to do anything there. I like making new acquaintances in other games outside IRE and will play with them, time permitting. You could try berserker or hunter, they seem very neat.
  • Burnout is a real thing, and sometimes a break is the only answer. Changing class or circle or some dynamic can sometimes help with that, but it doesn't always and sometimes you wind up out credits/time/whatever and feel the same or worse.  

re: radiance. it might not be a channeled insta anymore but it's extremely strong as is, possibly overpowered. If you can't figure out why, then you aren't looking at it correctly. 
  • Jalaras said:
    Well, personally for me regarding radiance-its not something that'll prevent me from playing the class as there's such versatility in it, even though radiance had two major drawbacks that it didn't need a change into something grossly useless as was the purpose of the report given the options that had obvious red flags and screamed "delete radiance".
    That was option three. I don't want to derail the post discussing radiance though, so feel free to move your bitterness to another thread.

For me personally, I've changed circles, changed classes, and started major projects over the years as ways to rekindle drive. I've also just taken long breaks from Imperian during periods after I've either achieved all of my goals or run out of interest. Something eventually always happens to bring me back.

I wouldn't take Classlead changes personally though. Class balance is very complicated, and it's easy to accidentally push too hard in one direction or the other. Defiler in particular is very hard to balance because it's designed to be a timebomb. That class saw a lot of changes this round, and will take some time to figure out again. If they've gone too far, I'm sure that most people will support dialing some of them back.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • Naruj said:
    Jalaras said:
    Well, personally for me regarding radiance-its not something that'll prevent me from playing the class as there's such versatility in it, even though radiance had two major drawbacks that it didn't need a change into something grossly useless as was the purpose of the report given the options that had obvious red flags and screamed "delete radiance".
    That was option three. I don't want to derail the post discussing radiance though, so feel free to move your bitterness to another thread.

For me personally, I've changed circles, changed classes, and started major projects over the years as ways to rekindle drive. I've also just taken long breaks from Imperian during periods after I've either achieved all of my goals or run out of interest. Something eventually always happens to bring me back.

I wouldn't take Classlead changes personally though. Class balance is very complicated, and it's easy to accidentally push too hard in one direction or the other. Defiler in particular is very hard to balance because it's designed to be a timebomb. That class saw a lot of changes this round, and will take some time to figure out again. If they've gone too far, I'm sure that most people will support dialing some of them back.
    The comment I made in reflection of radiance had nothing to do with bitterness about it, thus you are interpreting what I stated about it in the wrong view.
  • edited June 2019
    Ryc said:
    Burnout is a real thing, and sometimes a break is the only answer. Changing class or circle or some dynamic can sometimes help with that, but it doesn't always and sometimes you wind up out credits/time/whatever and feel the same or worse.  

re: radiance. it might not be a channeled insta anymore but it's extremely strong as is, possibly overpowered. If you can't figure out why, then you aren't looking at it correctly. 
    Hmm.. I can't dispute this statement, but nonetheless I am still trying to see what I am not seeing about it when I put it up in when there are pk situations that I jump into apart from what the ab file says about it-like if there's more to it than what is stated. That's about all, as I'm curious nonetheless of the change that I found so far to be a delete option.