Skip to content

ToA Feedback

2»

Comments

• Dec said:
    Also for less bot-able, what are people's thoughts on a maze runner?  Random generated paths with the goal of getting to the opposing portal the fastest? 
    As long as you disable GMCP. Imperian did a tumble maze one year, but the 'path' used sequential GMCP room numbers so I finished the race in under a minute.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • Dec said:
    Also for less bot-able, what are people's thoughts on a maze runner?  Random generated paths with the goal of getting to the opposing portal the fastest? 

Trivia is fun, but the cost-to-expense ratio is awful.  It also tends to turn into help file / news searching more than trivia.  I have considered putting in an OOC trivia question generator as an AFK tool. But then people would complain when they get booted for not knowing the name of the Queen's second corgi.  (Eoghan tells me it was Jane).

Other suggestions would be good, but scavenger hunts, treasure hunts, etc take several times the length of the event to put together.  

I am thinking of having some more frequent recurring games for prizes.  No where near the level of ToA, but a few games a week to give people to look forward to.  Nothing concrete yet, though.
    Maze runner sounds fun! If you really want to freak people out, make the mazes unmappable! I’d be bouncing off the walls and running in circles without my Nexus map, which could be fun. 

Trivia seems like a lot of work for something used once. Time probably better spent on something procedural so you can “set it and forget it”. 

More frequent, automated games would be great! A gemhunt or race game or bash race a few times a week would break up the spawnwave bashing. I think the key component is something admins don’t need to be present and actively doing. It’ll probably be pretty obvious if someone is cheating, so I wouldn’t worry about abuse. 
  • Wyll has a trivia script for Mudlet. Maybe he'd send it so you can do ad hoc ones if you feel like pestering the people.

Oh, desert poker games would be nice. Not something you can script (well, you could but)

• edited May 2019
    An idea for the duel events where people run away too much would be to make the arena constantly shrink the longer the duel goes on for. This could even be with some deadly environment hazard that makes leaving the combat area risky. Eventually both fighters would end up forced into the same room near the end.

Overall I like the way the events were set up, the variety of events and the rewards.
    Those without scepters were pretty screwed in the bashing events but I suppose that's to be expected.
  • I don't have much to say but I just wanted to thank you! It was my first ToA and it was very enjoyable. Being able to earn gold and unbound credits was very much appreciated as it is my main source of being able to get artis as a mostly free to play player. Thank you for all the hard work!