Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Asmund said:
    being an outrider lover I'm drooling at the thought of a blood freeze from that bleed. xD (assuming you could get it in before the tick)
    Being a priest I'm sitting here going "I DARE YOU TO CLOT THAT"
    You point your finger at Wyll and pretend to shoot.

• Deklan said:
    @Dec that means sniper is also fixed now?
    Yes, this should have fixed that as well.  
  • How long does it take to be considered active by the game?
    It's keeping me from signing cult charters :c 
  • Question about champion credit generation: From what I understand, being outside of a city or town allows champions to generate credits. Now the question I have is, what happens if you are sitting in a house that is -outside- a city?
  • Player built rooms (houses, shops, etc) do not count towards generating.  In general you should only generate if you are somewhere people can attack you as a champion.
  • Was that bug fixed? Cause I bugged it pretty much right after Champ daily was introduced, and it was still bugged last time I checked.
  • Question about avalanche ritual, does anyone know what "long range travel" means or how to go around something like that? It seems like there should be some obvious way but there isn't as far as I can tell.
  • Is there a reason killing someone in a short timespan doesn't count towards your KILLS stats? Call me petty about my stats (I am petty) but killing a person in a shardfall four times and only dying once when its just us and the person keeps coming back repeatedly should net me 1 kill in the stats. Espcially win I died once so I didn't make progress to having more kills than deaths. lol. Especially because the shardfall became a race of who can distract long enough till teammates come.
  • Asmund said:
    Is there a reason killing someone in a short timespan doesn't count towards your KILLS stats? Call me petty about my stats (I am petty) but killing a person in a shardfall four times and only dying once when its just us and the person keeps coming back repeatedly should net me 1 kill in the stats. Espcially win I died once so I didn't make progress to having more kills than deaths. lol. Especially because the shardfall became a race of who can distract long enough till teammates come.
    Because people were gaming it for achievements, and this change discouraged that. Blame previous bad actors for ruining it for everyone.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'll admit, I was one of those bad apples that did this exact thing with Dias to allow him to reach the killing achievement by letting him kill me over, and over, and over again.
  • Mathiaus said:
    I'll admit, I was one of those bad apples that did this exact thing with Dias to allow him to reach the killing achievement by letting him kill me over, and over, and over again.
    It wasn't just Dias though. Justus also entirely bought his kills achievement, and there were others.
  • Justus? That is really a shame to hear that.
  • When i was brand new (less than a month) To Imperian (and MUDs as a concept) Justus paid me 100 credits to lose in the arena to him 100 times. Got me my first artifact.
  • Does anyone play on a satellite connection?  I know it's "feasible", and I do intend to try it sometime this winter, but just curious if anyone has actually done it.  From what I can tell, it would be not unlike playing from Japan/NZ/Australia in terms of delay.
  • No idea, never used a satellite connection to play any sort of MUD game.
  • edited July 2019
    No sensible person would : D   

That forum smilie just isn't right...
  •  :D 
  • : D! hi @Swale  
  • @Swale are you the same Swale from Achaea's forums as well?
  • For a second, I thought "hmm, AM I"?  But, I don't think there is a Swale there (there doesn't appear to be). 
  • Hrm... I could have sworn I saw one... or maybe it was a friend I had added on Skype? Since when I last saw the dude Skype was still a thing :disappointed:
  • Also, it's been awhile, but I think you know me from Discord.  You had mentioned the character you're posting on here (I think).
  • Oh, maybe! Oh well. Nice to meet you (possibly again?)! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with your question.
  • From NZ I get roughly ~150-180 ping to IRE servers, although Imperian can be significantly higher sometimes depending on servers... Last I checked satellite was higher than that. With queueing ping doesn't mean all that much though, 'cept for moving around.
  • Hmm, that's definitely a lot faster than what I'm expecting.  I just thought remembered a couple of people telling me their ping was around 600 something or other, and that is apparently about what you can expect from "good" satellite internet, and I am in the US, so I figured you might get something like 670 when it was all said and done. 

• Just play Zerker. Shield bash/warchant weaken or some other simple rotation with beguile, and you can blame your teammates if they don't raze a shield.
  • Yeah, I hear most people over there do avoid classes that must raze.  No knight. 
  • edited July 2019
    Swale said:
    Hmm, that's definitely a lot faster than what I'm expecting.  I just thought remembered a couple of people telling me their ping was around 600 something or other, and that is apparently about what you can expect from "good" satellite internet, and I am in the US, so I figured you might get something like 670 when it was all said and done. 
    I never said satellite was as fast as that. In fact, I stated what my ping is (since you mentioned it being 'comparable to NZ/Aus/Japan') and said satellite is generally a lot higher. I'd question someone from NZ being over ever 300, unless they were off in the country or something (and thus using satellite, as well). Or they're still on dial-up, which I'm not even sure we have anymore outside of super rural areas.
  • i played on satellite once a few years back, wasn't great, do not really recommend unless you have no other options. I'd get incoming text relatively easily, but sending was the problem with the setup in my household. pvp on any scale is right out, never mind the lagtime, your average Imperian fight will just outright kill the connection what with all the combo attacks, affliction spam, loyal attacks and RT TARGET: THAT GUY/ RT REZ REZ REZ all coming in at once as far as your connection is concerned and then you will be issued for combat quitting which is just insult to injury at that point.
  • We have some varying opinions as to whether or not turning Leylines can be bountied. Can we get some clarity on that?