Skip to content

Shield tracking issue

Okay, so I'm setting up my shield/rebound tracker - and I'm hitting a snag with my trigger line for deluge not firing when both shield and rebounding are cleared, AND when just shield is cleared. Rebounding seems to work.

The message

As you nod at an immense cyanine icewyrm, it rears back its head and fires off two bursts of breath,
one bile and the other ice, at Nemeteeh. Moving like orbs in the air, they cross and weave before 
converging on him.
The frost tears through Nemeteeh's aura of rebounding, pelting his skin with sharp bits of ice. The
bile melts through his translucent shield, burning him deeply.

My trigger for just rebounding, which works - ^The frost tears through (\w+)'s aura of rebounding, pelting (?:his|her) skin with sharp bits of ice\.$

My trigger for just shield, which does not work - ^The bile melts through (?:his|her) translucent shield, burning (?:him|her) deeply\.$

And then I'm not sure how to do both at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated as to what I'm missing.

Comments

• Might not be applicable to your system, but I’ve found greater trigger rates when I simplify and shorten my trigger lines to just the distinct jargon. 

For example, leave your first line since it works, but change your shield line to “contains (The bile melts through)”...formatted for LUA or JS or whatever.

As long as you won’t see “the bile melts through” in other attacks, it should modify your variable with minimal fuss. 
  • Does ^ not indicate that the trigger begins at the start of the line?
  • Do neither.

As you nod at an immense cyanine icewyrm, it rears back its head and fires off two bursts of breath,
    one bile and the other ice, at Nemeteeh. Moving like orbs in the air, they cross and weave before
    converging on him.

Clear both on this line. If you deluge with nothing present you'll need to collect yet more lines otherwise: just using this line covers all applicable cases.

• Septus said:
    Do neither.

converging on him.

Clear both on this line. If you deluge with nothing present you'll need to collect yet more lines otherwise: just using this line covers all applicable cases.

The idea being if I am deluging, whether it hits or not, they're not gonna have shield/rebounding?
  • That's right.