Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Septus tells you, "Mark me with rat."
    H:423/398 M:423/423 B:0 <ebfdb 4> 
    You reach out and scrawl the Mark of the Rat on Septus.
    Equilibrium Taken: 3.20s
    H:423/398 M:422/423 B:0 <-bfdb 4> 
    Septus's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Septus bows his head in silent prayer.
    H:423/398 M:422/423 B:0 <-bfdb 4> 
    You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    Septus slowly raises his head and you see his eyes glowing bright white.
    The Mark of the Rat on Septus's body flares briefly.
    H:423/398 M:422/423 B:0 <ebfdb 4> 
  • Hrm.  Owyn's logs show the rat flaring and hitting it.  So I don't know what to think then.  It is/was apparently quite an old bug (other members of the ring knew of it).      
  • Doesn't look like a bug from the log. Looks like everyone just hit the monk naturally.
  • RIP Veil of the Otenebrate. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Deklan said:
    RIP Veil of the Otenebrate. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Bring on the whining; regardless of them being refunded or not it's bound to happen. There was a lot in Achaea.
  • yay veil!
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • Eochaid said:
    Doesn't look like a bug from the log. Looks like everyone just hit the monk naturally.
    Yea in that multikill part we did. I took some people into that room after Jalaras started it so we saw no initial message and all hit as it came up live :) 

Guess who was in the room fighting and not announcing it? Pellerin! 
    Guess who was the only one to actually not die completely..... yea... you see the pattern here! :D

Anyhow, deliverance used to be buggy with passives hitting and I said in ring that it was an old bug that was supposed to be fix (most likely is looking at the test Ryc + septus did). No idea what else Owyn used, he just said it hit him from marks fire and we assumed it was so. 

Great fights anyhow!
  • Maybe a porcupine delay flare? Relapsed trioxin triggers it, and they're similar. Learned that at an inopportune moment.
  • No idea really, doesn't bother me to be honest. It was tested and it works as intended, not as if it was a 6k bleeding mushroom shot, right Deklan!??!
  • Could've been a choke combo. Deliv would proc on the curse line, and not show the choke similarly to how other attacks work.
  • Actually I am unsure at this point without reviewing some old logs if any attack is shown before the death occurs from deliverance. I didn't see anything in log just Owyn dying, however, as I said, unsure if anything actually comes up or if every attack is "hidden" and just replaced with deliverance proc. 
  • Elrith said:
    Actually I am unsure at this point without reviewing some old logs if any attack is shown before the death occurs from deliverance. I didn't see anything in log just Owyn dying, however, as I said, unsure if anything actually comes up or if every attack is "hidden" and just replaced with deliverance proc. 
    There's a chance it also procced off of something like masochism, healthleech or nausea (or similar such affs). I don't recall whether or not affs like that trigger deliverance in Imperian, I know they have at various points through Aetolia and Achaea's lifespan. If it was completely random, could have been a healthleech tick.
  • Nah, none of those trigger it or should. This is part of the old bug that was changed because you had no way of preventing it from happening because you could just pop deliverance after you get either and kill them. Anything passive should not trigger it everything active should.
  • Elrith said:
    No idea really, doesn't bother me to be honest. It was tested and it works as intended, not as if it was a 6k bleeding mushroom shot, right Deklan!??!

Related image

• I tried! But I couldn't see anything since mudlet more or less crashed as I tried to send out over 2000 clots, the amount of "you lack mana messages" i got... :)

You made me realize though that I had no "shut down" on numbers way out of the ordinary :)
  • Logically, if passives like that trigger deliverance, the fix to firecrackers should be reverted for the sake of consistency.

And hilarity. Mostly hilarity. 
  • for what it's worth, Septus and I also tested with ignited porcupine, and I lived there too
  • Gjarrus said:
    Cordilia flies towards a watchful Nagirian archer to jab him with her icy a diamond-inlaid platinum javelin named Thicc.
    It's called 'Wifey' now btw. Because that's definitely a better name.
  • Gjarrus said:
    Cordilia flies towards a watchful Nagirian archer to jab him with her icy a diamond-inlaid platinum javelin named Thicc.
    I think it has less to do with the name and more to do with the wonky phrasing.
  • @Kalynthari don't hate me cause you ain't me.
  • Deklan said:
    Gjarrus said:
    I think it has less to do with the name and more to do with the wonky phrasing.
    Then you don't know Kabaal. 
    Cordilia said:
    @Kalynthari don't hate me cause you ain't me.
    It's definitely because I'm not you. Certainly has nothing to do with it being a god-awful name that has virtually zero place in imperian. Might as well call it Waifu next.
  • Wait, is it really 'icy a diamond-inlaid'? Why is there a random a in there? How was this approved? (I'm assuming the spear itself is custom, dreadfully stupid awful name aside)
  • The “icy” is part of the attack message. It doesn’t deal correctly with articles in item short descriptions.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    The “icy” is part of the attack message. It doesn’t deal correctly with articles in item short descriptions.
    Ah. That should probably be looked at. But can we just get rid of the ability that lets people name weapons too?
  • Altheia said:
    Eoghan said:
    The “icy” is part of the attack message. It doesn’t deal correctly with articles in item short descriptions.
    Ah. That should probably be looked at. But can we just get rid of the ability that lets people name weapons too?
    No.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    Altheia said:
    Eoghan said:
    No.
    BRB naming my shield 'OhLookADonkey'
  • I have to say, I don't understand why everyone is so concerned with what other people are doing/having fun with in this game. Are you guys the name police? You should probably be off having fun yourselves and stop worrying about what I'm laughing about with my weapon names. :)
  • Cordilia said:
    I have to say, I don't understand why everyone is so concerned with what other people are doing/having fun with in this game. Are you guys the name police? You should probably be off having fun yourselves and stop worrying about what I'm laughing about with my weapon names. :)
    Because this game has a particular theme, this being a fantasy world. If we're going to force people to pick character names that fit the setting, if we're going to make people give their custom pets fitting names, then the same should be said for weapons.

If you say yes to this question -   'If I paid to customise this, would they make me change this name?' then it's probably not a good choice.
  • A fantasy world would lack the modern, real-world context of which to judge the name "Thicc" as anything other than a javelin's name. Without referencing urban dictionary, how is "thicc" less thematic?
  • Rokas said:
    A fantasy world would lack the modern, real-world context of which to judge the name "Thicc" as anything other than a javelin's name. Without referencing urban dictionary, how is "thicc" less thematic?
    This exactly. Naming it Barack Obama would certainly break immersion. However 'wifey' is absolutely something that could occur as a name in a medieval setting and probably did during that time, though probably as a nickname for someone's actual wife. Thicc isn't really OOC either unless you make it that. The word thick existed a lot longer before ot genasis and them folk - btw thic and thick have the same meaning in the slang vernacular so you can't use the word thick either in game? Asking for a friend