Skip to content

Server Issues/Lag

edited November 2018 in General Discussion
I've noticed that there has been a lot of heavy lag in Imperian lately. Lag to the point where it's effecting PVP situations as well as PVE situations. Is there something going on with the servers, like an upgrade or something? Or is Demonic the only circle that's noticing this issue? Is anyone else experiencing this?

@Jeremy Saunders @Eoghan @Dec

Any guidance/information you can give me (or us) would be fantastic.

Comments

• We had a little skirmish against AM in the last shardfall in Nysara.. People couldn't even get any commands through before they died. Yea, this is getting into a major problem....
  • Its happening for everyone I'm pretty sure.
    You point your finger at Wyll and pretend to shoot.

• It's been a slideshow for sure  :D
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • Its good to know we're not going mad, thanks @Eoghan
    You point your finger at Wyll and pretend to shoot.

• Considering the impact coins had on the last one, maybe it has something to do with this BS?

There are 6 spectres here. There are 10 shapeshifters here. There are 12 adolescent quarry drones here.

repeat x 50
  • That's been my thinking as well and probably passives in the game too. Albeit, I notice in the shardfall the other day in Oigwe River, given it was a small skirmish to start out with 3vs2, the lag ramped up again as usual. So granted it could be a number of reasons, but I'm betting my money to pinpoint it to something within combat scenarios/pk events/passives(pretty sure its passives..)  I mean..just trying to get to the intended target was a lag battle. Just something to consider closely.
  • edited November 2018
    Gjarrus said:
    Considering the impact coins had on the last one, maybe it has something to do with this BS?

There are 6 spectres here. There are 10 shapeshifters here. There are 12 adolescent quarry drones here.

repeat x 50
    I wouldn't be surprised if alluring gems were at least partially responsible. Having large numbers of mobs move around has been the cause of lag in other IRE games, and you're forcing them all to try to pathfind to a specific location every few seconds.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • I don't think that's an alluring gem problem.

Sometimes spawnwave areas seem to be freaking out and spawning masses of mobs. Like, 20-30 per room in every room in Erorag, etc. I've noticed it a few times, and it seems to happen in multiple places - Erorag, Festering Bog are two I'm pretty sure I saw it in.
  • Its twins cards!!
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • I don't think Twins Cards would last this long.  Bloodstone Quarry has been 20 - 30 per room for weeks, and resisted multiple attempts to clear it out.  We can kill things and trigger the different spawnwave messages, but can't seem to get the final "you've completed all the spawnwaves" type message to appear (just in my limited experience).  Nagiri Caverns is also broken, although I don't know for how long.
  • I won't do too much guessing... But it is way more commonly seen in combat than out of it. Not that it couldn't be a combination of many things.. 

Did anyone on the code-side @Eoghan , @Dec have any luck in finding anything? I'd say this has been ongoing for several months back and forth and more or less bad. But it was before jester promo at least for me. Any changes done there or on doubloon areas after it went F2P?
  • Galt said:
    I don't think that's an alluring gem problem.

Sometimes spawnwave areas seem to be freaking out and spawning masses of mobs. Like, 20-30 per room in every room in Erorag, etc. I've noticed it a few times, and it seems to happen in multiple places - Erorag, Festering Bog are two I'm pretty sure I saw it in.
    This happens frequently in Schrov'ik :( 
  • Already have seen a difference with the lag. Thanks @Dec
  • I may have spoke a little soon there...lag is still a bit spikey. Anyone else?
  • I was wanting to see if I couldn't bash the 20+ mob rooms :( 

Thanks for fixing, though!
  • Late to the party, those areas were fun with a looking glass. I lost a bunch of corpses when the bug fix/area reset went in. Boo. 

@Hyperionus you weren't clearing the boss of the final wave in Bloodstone Quarry - because it was nearly impossible to get to him without dying. 

Thanks for the fix, it does seem to have made some difference so far!
  • Yay @dec! We appreciate you!
  • edited June 2019
    @Dec, @Jeremy Saunders

Lately we have experienced a lot of server issues (lag and even being booted repeatedly). As a person who invests money and time in this game I would certainly like to know why the company has opted to host the game on a potato. I'm not sure if this was a commercial decision that was made by the management but I think that such issues should not occur when what I have paid your company this month by far exceeds the hosting costs for a telnet server which has a max of 50 connections at the same time. I would expect this if a student decides to host the server on his laptop but not from a company like IRE. I'm sorry but I am a bit frustrated about the whole situation.
  • I know disconnects are part and parcel of an unpredictable internet so I'm not too concerned about that. What I have noticed is slowdown during combat starting to creep in more in moderate sized fights. Like only 4-5 combatants in a room. Only just started fighting again really so I dunno if it's been common all this time. It is annoying though.
  • Icarius said:
    I know disconnects are part and parcel of an unpredictable internet so I'm not too concerned about that. What I have noticed is slowdown during combat starting to creep in more in moderate sized fights. Like only 4-5 combatants in a room. Only just started fighting again really so I dunno if it's been common all this time. It is annoying though.
    This is a common lag issue IRE-wide. I know the lag spikes happen in Lusternia when there are a like 15+ people fighting and they have to produce a lag report on it. Though here it gets a bit nuts with about that many as you stated, as I recall this was the same issue when we had the Flame War back in...like last year October-December'ish. As well as with the ToA that was held in May. This has been brought up before too, and I'm still deadset that its passives and other behind scene factors.